Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

I don't want him anywhere near the program. He was joined with Sark at the hip during the worst of his antics and so far at least we have managed to create a staff that is free of old Sark associates / enablers from his black out drunk days. Nansen is a good coach, fits our need at ILB, solid recruiter..  all that resume shit fits...  but why take the risk? Too many good options there that do not have a shared history of enabling / covering for Sark when he was at his absolute worst. 
Agreed

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

If we are talking about purely football posting and not the Cloak Room, echeese is by far the most insufferable poster I have ever seen on a Texas board. Please tell me this person is not worse? 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Some years ago echeese apparently googled the various types of logical fallacies.  And he would use them to label posts he was arguing against.  Never correctly or in proper context.  He is a certified idiot but lacks any self-awareness.

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Ugh, yeah, that dude sucked. That dipshit would argue with you even if you were agreeing with him. I hadn't thought about him since my comped OB account expired 12 years ago or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I heard the phrase "insufferable poster" and my ears were tingling.

Can I offer you a lengthy discourse on the merits of Greg Davis' play calling? Perhaps a love letter to Garrett Gilbert? How about a defense of John Mackovic, or perhaps an accusation of racism for thinking Strong isn't that great of a coach?

You know. Just for old times' sake.

...nah, echeese was MUCH worse.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Close call between echeese and Since73.

I still recall Since73 droning on about the Justin Johnson, Stephen Good, & RJ Washington recruiting class as the one we'll be talking about for decades.

No mention of his stupid fucking use of a dozen emojis in a row after every post when he's in the middle of his 20 page arguments? 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

True story: When @SydneyCarton was hired at the start-up where I met him, the dude was a feverish fanboy of Teh Major and would attempt to shout anyone down for even the mildest consideration that, maybe, Simms was better in some phase or facet of the game. It was a precursor to today's general social media and current events discussions, so he was a pioneer.

Also, he was an ardent sycophant of none other than a one Geoff Ketchum. Several of us had to coax him, gently because he's almost a wild animal, into perusing Hornfans and eventually weening off of fatfuck's site. It took years to help him cope with that addiction.

The Surly Sprint-off is being held the day we play ULaLa, provided we can all attend. We need to crowdsource a pot for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and dead last. I'll take 1st and you fuckers can sort out how to rationalize the rest. I timed myself yesterday in the 40 and I'm pretty, pretttaaaayyyy sure I saw a non-wind-aided 4.54 pop up on the ol'stopwatch. Still got it, folks.

I was curious about this as I ran very strong track times in high school. I was highly ranked in the 330 yard intermediate hurdles with only loss  to David Overstreet from Big Sandy.  And only loss in high hurdles was to Mike Mosely from Humble but beat Billy Bush. Anyway I read CTJ post and decided to go out in the front street and time myself in the 40 yard dash. I was wearing my best Minnetonka moccasins and aided by my IBS fart related propulsion and ran a 4.53  40 yard dash.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

message board bets = serious business 

These fuckers need to make a bet where the loser has to bellyflop out of a helicopter from 50 feet into Littlefield Fountain. War of Attrition, and it will clean up the board a bit.

CHIEF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

I was curious about this as I ran very strong track times in high school. I was highly ranked in the 330 yard intermediate hurdles with only loss  to David Overstreet from Big Sandy.  And only loss in high hurdles was to Mike Mosely from Humble but beat Billy Bush. Anyway I read CTJ post and decided to go out in the front street and time myself in the 40 yard dash. I was wearing my best Minnetonka moccasins and aided by my IBS fart related propulsion and ran a 4.53  40 yard dash.  

image.gif.6fb2a44d2380275300291713663c703c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, CHIEF said:

These fuckers need to make a bet where the loser has to bellyflop out of a helicopter from 50 feet into Littlefield Fountain. War of Attrition, and it will clean up the board a bit.

CHIEF

That’s a bad idea.  There’s a guy out there who was a freshman on the swim team in the early 90’s, who gets around in a wheelchair now, who can tell you why it’s a bad idea.

I don't want him anywhere near the program. He was joined with Sark at the hip during the worst of his antics and so far at least we have managed to create a staff that is free of old Sark associates / enablers from his black out drunk days. Nansen is a good coach, fits our need at ILB, solid recruiter..  all that resume shit fits...  but why take the risk? Too many good options there that do not have a shared history of enabling / covering for Sark when he was at his absolute worst. 

You sound young. People can, and do, grow up.
  • Hook 'Em 2

That’s a bad idea.  There’s a guy out there who was a freshman on the swim team in the early 90’s, who gets around in a wheelchair now, who can tell you why it’s a bad idea.

I got electrocuted in the Littlefield fountain in 1999 after the Nebraska game. I was trying to climb one of the horsies when I started to feel the current. Barely made it out. Several others ended up in the hospital.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I got electrocuted in the Littefield fountain in 1999 after the Nebraska game. I was trying to climb one of the horsies when I started to feel the current. Barely made it out. Several others ended up in the hospital.

Did someone get hit by a bus in front of the Co OP that night?  I vaguely remember that.  

16 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I got electrocuted in the Littlefield fountain in 1999 after the Nebraska game. I was trying to climb one of the horsies when I started to feel the current. Barely made it out. Several others ended up in the hospital.

I recall after the win over Nebraska in 1998, me and a certain law school classmate who shall not be named ( @Daichee Bell) were shithoused on the Drag after the win and decided to follow a group who thought it would be fun to go jump in the Littlefield Fountain. We sprinted across campus only to be met by a wall of campus police around the fountain who figured this might be a thing. We casually waved to them on our approach and the jogged back to West Campus to drink some more.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1