Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, KYHorn said:

Sark: "Hey Nick, I know I've taken all your coaches and stuff, so I'm looking to take Golding, but want to give you some time to find a replacement. Who do you think you'd pick?"

Saban: "I'd go after Lanning for sure"

Sark: "Okay cool, cool".

*Sark Hires Lanning*

5D Chess

Chess GIF by NETFLIX

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

Based on the last day or two it feels like Georgia is almost pushing him out a little just because they know they have Boom on deck, regardless seems like a very good hire

Here's his DB coach which you'd hope he'd bring along

https://247sports.com/coach/Charlton-Warren-783/

Might as well bring Ringo as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

Sark: "Hey Nick, I know I've taken all your coaches and stuff, so I'm looking to take Golding, but want to give you some time to find a replacement. Who do you think you'd pick?"

*Sark Hires Lanning*

A few pages back someone said they had a friend that new Lanning or people around him and that contact had been made but nothing came of it. So now it has heated up again.

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

*Sark Hires Lanning*

Cool Cool Cool Community GIF

7 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Would be dope but I feel like I'd want Raymond as the last coach in that case to coach corners. Not sure Georgia's got the best defense against the spread. The two times they played the spread offenses in the SEC (Alabama/Florida), they gave up 40+ points.

That is why we have Joseph, to help with pass defense schemes. Notre Dame played the spread pretty well over the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Feels like Dennis Dodds is becoming the new UT Staff mouthpiece (with FCB being CDC's). I'm all for disintermediating the LDE Austin sports media but anyone have any opinions on this guy?

LSU fans thinks he hates them in particular and has a vendetta with the SEC, but overall hes just a decent national reporter that is working up the ladder

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

*Sark Hires Lanning*

Then Sark drives off to yet another backwoods empty space on the map to find a 3 star OL worth his weight in gold- singing an old song from Ray Price he remembers from long ago. Life has never been better. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, MissouriHorn said:

A friend of mine is very close with Lanning. I reached out to see if he had heard anything from Lanning about Bama contacting him. He said he hasn’t talked to him in a few days so he didn’t really have anything on Bama. But he did say that Texas reached out at some point throughout the process but never offered. He said the offer was expected to be north of $2 million if it was made. I have no idea if this provides any value to this board but that’ll be $9.95 😁

Sidenote: If you haven’t heard Lanning’s story on how he got into coaching college ball you should look him up, it’s pretty incredible. He started out as a high school position coach and is now a DC being floated around by FCB as a Saban target. 

@MissouriHorn please come to the front of the class

• Hook 'Em 3

Lanning would be a HR. Really good LB coach and recruiter. Runs a multiple defense. This year Georgia allowed 24 or less points to every opponent except Bama and Florida. I would LOVE this move. 

TBF, every opponent they played except Bama and Florida were refried ass.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

*Sark Hires Lanning*

So much BDE right now!

As someone who was rooting for Cincy, he did a good job of smothering them and adjusting in the second half. Any of the coordinators in the SEC are going to have some risk as the offenses really aren't all that great.

That being said, Sark knows what defenses were pains in the asses to play against. Think that's reflected in him looking at Odom, Arnett, and Lanning.