Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Serious question. Is it allgasnobreaks or allgasnobrakes? 

Sarks tweet above has it as breaks. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm also an idoit. 

Could just mean all go all the time without any time to rest? Although, I'm sure it's probably just being a football coach.

UGA 247

Spoiler

There are multiple reports out there, including one from CBSSports' Dennis Dodd, that put Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning as a major candidate for the same position at Texas. As of right now, things are still in the early stages but we're comfortable with saying that the Longhorns are trying to make a move for the young UGA assistant coach. They're interested and currently courting Lanning for the opening.

What we don't know at this time is how interested Lanning is in taking that job. Lanning is under contract at Georgia through the 2022 season and his annual salary is $1.25 million. There's no doubt that Texas has deep enough pockets to up the ante with a raise. If Georgia wants to hold on to him, and there's nothing to suggest that they don't, it could also choose to increase Lanning's salary.

Lanning just finished his second season as the defensive play caller and the second wasn't quite as dazzling as the first. UGA still had the nation's No. 16 scoring defense at 20 points per game. The Bulldogs also had the nation's No. 10 total defense, allowing 4.86 yards per play and the run defense ranked No. 1 nationally at 2.39 yards per carry. UGA was in the top three nationally in total defense, run defense, pass defense, and scoring defense in 2019.

If Texas is able to lure Lanning away from Athens, sources indicate that it's unlikely that the search for his replacement would get further than current co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach Glenn Schumann or former South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp, who is currently unemployed. Persons with knowledge of the situation told Dawgs247 last week that there was a strong chance that Muschamp, whose son Jackson is a walk-on quarterback at UGA, could join Kirby Smart's support staff as an analyst. Muschamp's buyout at South Carolina would not be affected should he become an on-field coach.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 hours ago, MissouriHorn said:

Sidenote: If you haven’t heard Lanning’s story on how he got into coaching college ball you should look him up, it’s pretty incredible. He started out as a high school position coach and is now a DC being floated around by FCB as a Saban target. 

siap

I heard a story at the AFCA Convention that, while not doubting the trustworthiness of the teller of this tale, sounded like it had to be embellished. During the Graduate Assistant forum, Memphis head coach Mike Norvell talked of a Missouri high school coach who decided he wanted to coach at the FBS level, so he packed up drove through the night to the one staff he knew, waited around for more than a day, worked for free for six months and is now on the cusp of being a coordinator in the SEC.

http://footballscoop.com/news/dan-lanning-wanted-coach-fbs-drove-night-make-happen/

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Is Carrington a great recruiter? Fuck yes. Do we also now have multiple actual coaches that are great recruiters? Also fuck yes. Loss hurts but not as bad when he isn't needed to cover dipshit coaches holes as much.

This. If we have baller position coaches the support staff becomes less impactful. As long as we have an organized, well run, evaluation and scheduling group these coaches should be able to take care of the rest. Gone are the days when we have to send Carrington out with Warehime or Giles to close on their recruits. In hindsight that is just embarrassing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Is Carrington a great recruiter? Fuck yes. Do we also now have multiple actual coaches that are great recruiters? Also fuck yes. Loss hurts but not as bad when he isn't needed to cover dipshit coaches holes as much.

I'm going to throw this out there again that SC just poached Cal's Director of Recruiting Strategy.  His name is Marshall Cherrington... If they take Bryan Carrington for a similar role, everyone will be confused by the 2 names and it'll be a mess.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-Trojans-Marshall-Cherrington-Cal-Bears--158832654/

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Zhorn96 said:

I'm going to throw this out there again that SC just poached Cal's Director of Recruiting Strategy.  His name is Marshall Cherrington... If they take Bryan Carrington for a similar role, everyone will be confused by the 2 names and it'll be a mess.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-Trojans-Marshall-Cherrington-Cal-Bears--158832654/

playing cards GIF by Warner Archive

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

Roach is a good guy, but this wouldn't be shocking at all.

30 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

image.png.15bc5a26b16f137e47863e2e9932615f.png

To add another moving piece, I'd think Pruitt could fit into this shuffle somewhere too, assuming he becomes available and an SEC school could get him through compliance. If we got Lanning and Golding goes off to LSU, I bet Saban would take Pruitt back in a heartbeat.

15 hours ago, Modessit said:

Hey[mention=397]immamac[/mention] are we going to be allowed to have a Pole Assassin thread in IPIHB? Plenty of pics and videos out there but no nudes yet.

Not sure if posting possible NSFW pics of a current coach's monkey lover is kosher.

Duh. 

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Can we have some of the resident photoshoppers design a t-shirt or sundress with surlyhorns flair/branding or both. Let's get this fine lady some burnt orange surly gear. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Duh. 

Can we have some of the resident photoshoppers design a t-shirt or sundress with surlyhorns flair/branding or both. Let's get this fine lady some burnt orange surly gear. 

Speaking of, is it just me or does it sound like Banks would fit in well here?

• Hook 'Em 2

If Carrington leaves, he leaves. I think what’s been overlooked on this whole deal is BC was the conduit for TH’s shitty attitude and behavior. He was the fluffer to smooth things over with recruits that Herman pissed off. They were all down with BC because he was closer to how they all grew up. I think BC does a great job and has been valuable to the program. But, I don’t think with the power recruiters we have coming in that he will make that much of a difference. I don’t think Flood, Banks or even Lanning needed a BC to get a signature on the LOI. Their development of players was the difference. This staff will change this. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

But, I don’t think with the power recruiters we have coming in that he will make that much of a difference. I don’t think Flood, Banks or even Lanning needed a BC to get a signature on the LOI. 

Carrington in and of himself is replaceable, but staffs like Bama and tOSU still have guys like him. There have to be guys to pick up and maintain communications at a level (both in terms of numbers of players and doing it during busy times) that men with real day jobs (aka the coaching staff) can't.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Carrington in and of himself is replaceable, but staffs like Bama and tOSU still have guys like him. There have to be guys to pick up and maintain communications at a level (both in terms of numbers of players and doing it during busy times) that men with real day jobs (aka the coaching staff) can't.

So you can count on Sark replacing him and beefing up the staff numbers even more.