Jump to content

Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.captiongenerator.com/2107502/SurlyHorns-Reacts-to-the-Coaching-Search Enable subtitles if you're watching embedded.  

Just got a text from my friend in the Bama program that Flood and Wiggins are going with Sark. It's done.

nope, reposding to other posters. You want an asshole? I'll show you an asshole I'm gonna lose to OU THIS many times   Texas fucking sucks now, and you ALLLLLLL know it. Good

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, MissouriHorn said:

Just texted my buddy. (Both sides are working on it being a) Done deal. Lanning and Sark have same agent. Played a big role. 

So if true Surly beats the 9.95 crowd again.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

And 7 of the tOSU points came from a short field after an Alabama turnover.

And another 4 came after Bama's top secondary player committed a stupid targeting penalty on a 3rd and 15 incompletion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I shit all over the Sark hire initially, but he's done went and got my hopes up.

Definitely cautiously optimistic.

I'm really, really starting to like the hire.

Want to see what happens in October.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NoName said:

let's use better metrics that take into account things like quality of opponents played and that remove garbage time possessions

FEI rankings

  • DFEI = 12, best in SEC
  • Defensive Points Per Drive = 26
  • Points per Drive from Long Scoring Position (inside offensive 20) = 30
  • Points per Drive from Middle Scoring Position (between its offense 20 and own 40) = 15
  • Points per Drive from Short Starting Position (begin less than 60 yards from own end zone) = 125
  • Drive Yards per Play = 13
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 4+ yards per play: 4
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 7+ yards per play: 11
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 10+ yards per play: 54
  • opponent offensive avaliable yards %: 5  (available yards percentage is calculated by dividing drive yards earned by available yards measured from starting field postion to end zone.)
  • Available yards percentages as measured from starting field position to the opponent 20-yard line (O20, D20), as measured from starting field position to the opponent 40-yard line (O40, D40), and as measured from starting field position to the offense's own 40-yard line (O60, D60) are also provided.
  • D20: 4
  • D40: 4
  • D60: 4

UGA was also #3 in DFEI in 2019. Do you know what they were in SP+? I can never find those numbers on ESPN’s god forsake platform from my phone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

UGA was also #3 in DFEI in 2019. Do you know what they were in SP+? I can never find those numbers on ESPN’s god forsake platform from my phone. 

They were 1 both in 2019 and 2020. For FPI, they were 2 in 2019 and 11 in 2020.

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NoName said:

let's use better metrics that take into account things like quality of opponents played and that remove garbage time possessions

FEI rankings

  • DFEI = 12, best in SEC
  • Defensive Points Per Drive = 26
  • Points per Drive from Long Scoring Position (inside offensive 20) = 30
  • Points per Drive from Middle Scoring Position (between its offense 20 and own 40) = 15
  • Points per Drive from Short Starting Position (begin less than 60 yards from own end zone) = 125
  • Drive Yards per Play = 13
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 4+ yards per play: 4
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 7+ yards per play: 11
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 10+ yards per play: 54
  • opponent offensive avaliable yards %: 5  (available yards percentage is calculated by dividing drive yards earned by available yards measured from starting field postion to end zone.)
  • Available yards percentages as measured from starting field position to the opponent 20-yard line (O20, D20), as measured from starting field position to the opponent 40-yard line (O40, D40), and as measured from starting field position to the offense's own 40-yard line (O60, D60) are also provided.
  • D20: 4
  • D40: 4
  • D60: 4

 

it was my understanding that there would be no math

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some comments on Lanning from 247 board

Quote

You’ll get a ton a downvotes, but Lanning is valued because of his recruiting. People try to act like he wasn’t a LB coach at Memphis a few years ago. There’s zero about his scheme that is impressive to me. JMO.

Quote

This, if you didn't follow UGA, when a timeout is called or when they show the sideline when our D is on the field, you would believe Kirby is our DC and not Lanning.

Quote

I hope we can keep Lanning at least a couple more years. He is a damn good DC and has done a very good job at UGA. If he does leave, Muschamp will be plugged in at DC. It is good to have a strong safety net.

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NoName said:

let's use better metrics that take into account things like quality of opponents played and that remove garbage time possessions

FEI rankings

  • DFEI = 12, best in SEC
  • Defensive Points Per Drive = 26
  • Points per Drive from Long Scoring Position (inside offensive 20) = 30
  • Points per Drive from Middle Scoring Position (between its offense 20 and own 40) = 15
  • Points per Drive from Short Starting Position (begin less than 60 yards from own end zone) = 125
  • Drive Yards per Play = 13
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 4+ yards per play: 4
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 7+ yards per play: 11
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 10+ yards per play: 54
  • opponent offensive avaliable yards %: 5  (available yards percentage is calculated by dividing drive yards earned by available yards measured from starting field postion to end zone.)
  • Available yards percentages as measured from starting field position to the opponent 20-yard line (O20, D20), as measured from starting field position to the opponent 40-yard line (O40, D40), and as measured from starting field position to the offense's own 40-yard line (O60, D60) are also provided.
  • D20: 4
  • D40: 4
  • D60: 4

He gave up 30 points per drive when the offense started inside their own 20 and 125 points per drive when they started beyond the 40? DO NOT WANT

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MissouriHorn said:

Just texted my buddy. (Both sides are working on it being a) Done deal. Lanning and Sark have same agent. Played a big role. 

 

Jinx this and this little bit of snow outside ain't stopping me from kickin ya in the nuts. Just sayin.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Longer, unless you believe late Mack era staffs were good.

Is it OK to believe his late staffs were nice attempts at having a good staff and did not work out due to meddling and young guys failing to live up to potential.

Edited by DanTheHorn
Link to post
Share on other sites
eh, this is their schedule w/ final OFEI
  • Arky - 61
  • Auburn - 48
  • Tennessee - 90
  • Bama - 1
  • Kentucky - 101
  • Florida - 10
  • Miss St - 104 (YIKES)
  • South Carolina - 72
  • Mizzou - 51
  • Vandy - 106
  • Cincy - 35
man, the SEC had some fucking TERRIBLE offenses this year

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Carrington a great recruiter? Fuck yes. Do we also now have multiple actual coaches that are great recruiters? Also fuck yes. Loss hurts but not as bad when he isn't needed to cover dipshit coaches holes as much.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Serious question. Is it allgasnobreaks or allgasnobrakes? 

Sarks tweet above has it as breaks. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm also an idoit. 

Pedal to the metal, no breaks for opponents.

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn
  • Rage+1 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...