Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Also does Texas just not have any Polacks? That's not even a particularly difficult Polish name and people are freaking out.

hows-your-polack-says-what-index-thanks-

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just building on this thinking - if the Kwiatkowski hire is legit, I'm going to be lazy about worrying about recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. Hell, it might even be hard for sarvanaash to get too worked up for at least a season. If we have an excellent staff for development on the defensive end, putting what TCU and Baylor have done with state of Texas defensive talent on steroids would be something to behold.

I'm not saying "fuck it, don't worry about the big time talents, let the staff develop the hidden gems" or anything. Hell, I love following recruiting too much to see that. That considered, what TCU and Baylor have managed to do for over a decade with talent here is enviable on the defensive side. Getting 4 and 5 star talent plus guys that fit the staff's profile for growth and development, that's exciting. 

Stuff I read last night on Pac 12 and UW boards looked "meh" on Gregory, but now I'm reading other posters today saying that he's in demand and was being recruited to return to Boise, so at least he's not uniformly panned up that way.

I see what you did there. Maybe?

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

So one more spot.  Has Tosh worked with PK before?  He could coach LBs I think.  We have two db coaches.  

Unfortunately they both coach OLBs/DEs. PK is probably looking for an ILB coach here or they will plug a CB coach for recruiting/solidifying the DB room (given that is where Coach K has the "least experience").

• Hook 'Em 1

From here feels like it comes down to the following if we want strong recruiting/development at ILB/CB:

ILB:

Glenn Schumann - Georgia

Christian Robinson - Florida

Al Washington - tOSU

Ken Wilson - Oregon

CB:

Corey Raymond - LSU

Karl Scott - Alabama

Donte Williams - USC (good recruiter - not sure about development)

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we surly few, we band of Longhorns;
For he to-day that reads this thread with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And assholes in Norman now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That posted with us upon Saint Kwiatkowski’s day.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1