Tons of vaccine appoints available at CVS

luke duke

Most of us "jumped" the line because for the last 365 days (precisely)...our elected officials' plan to combat this pandemic has essentially been, "Plot a course.  Aim straight for the Sun."  

I justified it at CVS the other day that remembering the value set of the fat, mouth-breather I usurped...is the reason I had to skip the line to begin with.  Circle of Life, Simba. 

As soon as our county commissioner decided prisoners took priority over me, i decided it was time to sign up.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Most of us "jumped" the line because for the last 365 days (precisely)...our elected officials' plan to combat this pandemic has essentially been, "Plot a course.  Aim straight for the Sun."  

I justified it at CVS the other day that remembering the value set of the fat, mouth-breather I usurped...is the reason I had to skip the line to begin with.  Circle of Life, Simba. 

7 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

As soon as our county commissioner decided prisoners took priority over me, i decided it was time to sign up.

No judgment here. Glad you two were able to get it done. 

Vaccine priority and stimulus checks. Been a good 2021 for the felons so far. 

13 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

"here's why"

they missed the part about the GQP magatts and their "muh freedoms" governor declaring open season on those of us who have worn masks and distanced to the 1000th degree possible at tremendous personal $$$ expense.

why is this happening?

wheels did this.

period end of story.

• Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

"here's why"

they missed the part about the GQP magatts and their "muh freedoms" governor declaring open season on those of us who have worn masks and distanced to the 1000th degree possible at tremendous personal $$$ expense.

why is this happening?

wheels did this.

period end of story.

This. As soon as he made the announcement I started looking at ways to jump the line for me, my wife, and her parents who are just shy of 65. Hadn’t even thought about it before. Then our school district secured vaccines for teachers and staff so we are going to get our shots today without jumping. 

I got her parents in for Saturday at cvs. Mom is technically obese and dad is chronic smoker; so I figured what the hell. Feeing less guilty because by Monday it’s not line jumping because they are both 60+. But I would have line jumped us all after the mask mandate was rescinded. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Not to stir things up.   Maybe this person read the CDC's report (3/8/21) on masks wearing which said.  A.  Masks POSSIBLY help but its completely inconclusive.  B.  If they do help, it contributes to a 2% increase in infections/deaths.    Yeah that's not a misplaced decimal.  2%

I am a complete pro mask wearer but if the CDC's own report show no definitive proof they work than I can understand why governments are dropping mask mandates.

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Not to stir things up.   Maybe this person read the CDC's report (3/8/21) on masks wearing which said.  A.  Masks POSSIBLY help but its completely inconclusive.  B.  If they do help, it contributes to a 2% increase in infections/deaths.    Yeah that's not a misplaced decimal.  2%

I am a complete pro mask wearer but if the CDC's own report show no definitive proof they work than I can understand why governments are dropping mask mandates.

Mandates would probably work really well if there was any teeth to enforcement. I imagine the same amount of dumbasses are going around maskless, mandate or not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

"here's why"

why is this happening?

wheels did this.

period end of story.

09D0140C-1776-4436-9678-3A312451282B.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, midtown said:

I’m just going to go ahead and make the non-scientific claim that Americans don’t know how to properly wear masks and all data collected regarding mask effectiveness  in America should be thrown out. The amount of chin diapers and masks pulled down below the nose that I’ve seen every day throughout this past year is astronomical. And then you’ll see the few people who actually are wearing theirs correctly recognize a friend, and proceed to walk up and pull their masks down to have a long chat two feet from each other. I won’t even start on the aggy band cutting holes in their masks to play their instruments, bc well, it’s aggy and the bar is set extremely low for expecting anything resembling intelligent ideas over there.

back on topic though, for the DFW surlyers, market street is another place to check if you’re looking for the vax. I called yesterday morning and they had plenty of availability at the Mansfield location. Was able to get myself and  my in-laws appts. It sends you to the national call line, so they’ll look at all stores near your area and find you a spot if there’s one to be had

On 3/11/2021 at 6:39 AM, Lobo said:

Isn't this justification really just saying "I kinda cared about the high risk groups but not really. I'm getting mine, fuck you old people."

I'm not judging, it's just that the need for waiting your turn hasn't changed and the justification for jumping the line implies that you were never really that concerned with the others in the first place.

Why not just admit you don't really give a fuck?

• Hook 'Em 2

I kinda cared/gave a fuck for several months.  Many old people, not all, brought this situation on the rest of us by voting for leaders who fucked up this pandemic mitigation twelve ways from Tuesday.  So, in a way, that's my twisted justification.  I don't fault them for voting to burden my children with crippling deficits, shitty infrastructure, poor public education, and antiquated wars.  But I will pin the way we handled this pandemic on them.  

I was offered the vaccine in December by a friend who runs the largest hospital group in Central Texas (#2 guy after the Medical CEO).  My wife was the foundation chair of the other largest hospital group in Central Texas for a couple years and still serves on that board.  She was offered the vaccine in December, and then again as a front-line Speech-Therapist in clinical settings in January.  I've been on subcommittees of Central Health since we helped bring the Dell Medical School to fruition almost a decade ago.    We've refused to jump the line on multiple occasions despite plenty of opportunities to do so.  

So I'm not gonna admit I just don't really give a fuck because we took exhaustive steps to protect those in our community and never bit at the chance to take the easy route and get our vaccinations before even people in 1a.  Because it was the right thing to do.  But then old, fat Trumpers decided to scorch the fucking Earth and fuck up the vaccination and community spread mitigation efforts.  So then I quit giving a fuck about them.  Not a humblebrag, you question my motivations, here's my answer.  You don't like it, I don't give a fuck.  We all tried our asses off to protect one another but a huge chunk of the population never gave a solitary fuck.  And even then, we were gonna wait our turn.  But they wanna play Thunderdome with Texas?  Fine, I'm getting my shots and I'll watch the carnage from my pedestal.  You don't think I was concerned with others in the first place, fine.  Whatever makes you feel better tonight.  When you have my credentials, you can open up your fucking mouth.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I kinda cared/gave a fuck for several months.  Many old people, not all, brought this situation on the rest of us by voting for leaders who fucked up this pandemic mitigation twelve ways from Tuesday.  So, in a way, that's my twisted justification.  I don't fault them for voting to burden my children with crippling deficits, shitty infrastructure, poor public education, and antiquated wars.  But I will pin the way we handled this pandemic on them.  

I was offered the vaccine in December by a friend who runs the largest hospital group in Central Texas (#2 guy after the Medical CEO).  My wife was the foundation chair of the other largest hospital group in Central Texas for a couple years and still serves on that board.  She was offered the vaccine in December, and then again as a front-line Speech-Therapist in clinical settings in January.  I've been on subcommittees of Central Health since we helped bring the Dell Medical School to fruition almost a decade ago.    We've refused to jump the line on multiple occasions despite plenty of opportunities to do so.  

So I'm not gonna admit I just don't really give a fuck because we took exhaustive steps to protect those in our community and never bit at the chance to take the easy route and get our vaccinations before even people in 1a.  Because it was the right thing to do.  But then old, fat Trumpers decided to scorch the fucking Earth and fuck up the vaccination and community spread mitigation efforts.  So then I quit giving a fuck about them.  Not a humblebrag, you question my motivations, here's my answer.  You don't like it, I don't give a fuck.  We all tried our asses off to protect one another but a huge chunk of the population never gave a solitary fuck.  And even then, we were gonna wait our turn.  But they wanna play Thunderdome with Texas?  Fine, I'm getting my shots and I'll watch the carnage from my pedestal.  You don't think I was concerned with others in the first place, fine.  Whatever makes you feel better tonight.  When you have my credentials, you can open up your fucking mouth.  

LOL

At least you admitted to not giving a fuck. That wasn't that hard, was it?

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, midtown said:

there is a CDC report that says using masks increase infections by 2%?

Thread tittle was true this morning.

Went to vaccine finder link on the Google doc that Judgeroybeanbag posted on page 1. It showed stuff all over the state....except Austin.

Ended up getting spot in San Antonio on Wed. Next week with 2nd dose already  scheduled as well.

CVS. Fyi . Age 54 non conditions. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, midtown said:

That's not what the report said at all. It was a study on the mask mandates that had been in operation, not a study on the effectiveness of masks. That is, primarily the study was an check on how effective government mandates have been and found generally a statistically significant difference. And what they were measuring was daily growth rate and found a 2% reduction in daily growth rate within 100 days of a mask mandate generally. 

Edited by Dahobbs

4 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Link?

Actual Report and not bullshit interpretation of it.

During March 1–December 31, 2020, state-issued mask mandates applied in 2,313 (73.6%) of the 3,142 U.S. counties. Mask mandates were associated with a 0.5 percentage point decrease (p = 0.02) in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.8 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all) (Table 1) (Figure). Mask mandates were associated with a 0.7 percentage point decrease (p = 0.03) in daily COVID-19 death growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all). Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period.

Again, it is discussing the effectiveness of government mandates as implemented in the United States, not masks themselves. Ultimately, the conclusions that can be drawn are (1) mask mandates work, (2) they do so relatively quickly and decrease new cases and new daily deaths, and (3) it is possible/likely that better enforcement/compliance with mask mandates would result in further improvement.  It would be interesting to see a deeper dive into what factors drive mandate effectiveness and the effect increased compliance has on daily growth rates (e.g., growth rate % decreases at different levels of mask wearing compliance). 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 4

Question for the group: does Walmart in Texas really require proof of eligibility? I got my wife’s parents signed up at cvs and they didn’t check. Could only get brother in law signed up at Walmart. He’s over 30 BMI, but does he need to get a doctor’s note? 5-6, over 210 so pretty obvious. 

Question for the group: does Walmart in Texas really require proof of eligibility? I got my wife’s parents signed up at cvs and they didn’t check. Could only get brother in law signed up at Walmart. He’s over 30 BMI, but does he need to get a doctor’s note? 5-6, over 210 so pretty obvious. 

Highly doubt it
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Marcusshelton said:

Does Walmart even let anyone with a BMI < 30 enter the store?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/13/2021 at 6:49 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Got jabbed by cvs this morning.  Pretty easy.  Waited in line near the lube and condom section.  Was about a hour from parking to leaving. 

Yeah, but not everybody's going to have lube...better plan for 2 hours from parking to leaving.

Got my first dose at Walmart this morning. Girl asked me what underlying condition I had, and I told her it was obviously BMI, and smiled. (I'm 6'5", but not obviously fat) She gave me the side eye, but didn't question it any further. 

One day I hope to have game like this.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

DeliverIT pharmacy in Webster for those of you in east Houston. Wife and I were in and out in 15 minutes (total, they don’t even make you wait to see if you can’t breathe). Maybe things have changed since Friday, but they had lots of appointments and no one there. They have a sign up form online, but then you have to wait for them to email you back. Based on my experience, with as little volume as they are doing (because who the fuck is checking DeliverIt pharmacy or even heard of them), if you give them a call after filling out their application, the lady at the desk will say come on in. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, F250 said:

Isn't this justification really just saying "I kinda cared about the high risk groups but not really. I'm getting mine, fuck you old people."

I'm not judging, it's just that the need for waiting your turn hasn't changed and the justification for jumping the line implies that you were never really that concerned with the others in the first place.

Why not just admit you don't really give a fuck?

wheels created bartertown.  no one takes any blame for this but him.  no one was line-jumping before his dog-wag false-flag to divert attention away from the catastrophe.  as soon as he told aggy/magatt nation they were free to die, it was everyone for themselves.

wheels did this.

no one else.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, Lobo said:

Plot a course, aim for the sun.

wife and i booked ours in lubbock for this weekend.  CVS has consistently shown available doses every week there and a lot of the panhandle.  we are upper 40s, but not really in 1b.  we happen to be there seeing the in-laws (who got vaxxed) and said fuck it.  if there are available doses we will partake.  looks like Moderna.  2nd dose scheduled back in DFW area

seems like DFW is getting screwed by abbott per this tweet by Jenkins.  I read this as the red bars are what an area should have gotten based on total doses available matched with the population of the area and the blue was the expected doses based on allocation after divvying up the pie.  You can see that lubbock got a shitload of doses early on and got their fair share every week after that.

image.thumb.png.903ed340f8fc21c5736888acbf94da28.png

image.thumb.png.6fe9a1500566b4a112beaa5ff8ba873e.png

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15679555

Yeah, me neither.  But I appreciate the fact that in real life, we're all probably just middle aged guys who aren't in cross-fit but who aren't riding rascal scooters either.  And we were just trying as best we could to help protect the more vulnerable in our community through mitigation, staying home, waiting out turn for shots, etc.  We were trying to help them because the government most of them chose wouldn't help them.  Anyone can think of me of an asshole on this site, if it ain't obvious after 10+ years that I don't care, don't know what to tell you.  But in real life, wife and I really did try and tried hard on so many fronts.  And that means something to me. 

It was our generation X's call to action, try to balance the well-being of our children and try to take care of our parents/grandparents/loved ones, et. al.  And while that's all going on, keep the country from splintering, keep the economy humming, and play referee between one dumbshit cohort after another.  We're so close to the end of this thing and all around me are people just not giving a fuck anymore.  /rant