Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 11/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, relapse98 said:

The guest talks about how he thinks the pro-brexit stuff stems from GB being the center of the world at one time and they are aren't happy about that no longer being the case.

They have had 70 - 80 years to get over it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EU trade technocrat says Boris is full of shit:

Quote
The prime minister has insisted that the United Kingdom will leave the EU in January next year and have time to secure a comprehensive free trade deal by the end of the transition period in December 2020. 

But Sabine Weyand, the EU's Director-General for Trade, said there was only time to negotiate a "bare-bones" deal with the UK next year, as the transition period will give negotiators less than 12 months of talks.

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/eu-uk-will-only-be-given-bare-bones-trade-deal-after-brexit-2019-11

Edited by elfenix
why does this fucking thing not respect where i put quote tags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard this story that Boris won’t say how many children he has. It’s well know he has 4 with his ex-wife but reportedly has at least 1 more with an unknown woman. 

and as this story adds, he was very critical of unmarried mothers a couple of decades ago. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love British elections they have the best constituency names 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boris is going to have a giant majority.  january 31 brexit is on.

the brits have spoken.  and they will now live it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corbyn is Elizabeth Warren without the brains and personality/charisma. So I guess you could say, a British Corbyn. Stiff upper lip and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Good lord, they are as stupid as we are.

The whole planet has a case of the stupids these days.

It's actually quite fascinating (I mean, it would be, if we didn't have to actually live through it).  Decades of unprecedented peace and prosperity.  Yes, some people got more than others, but across the board, humanity has had an incredible run since 1945.

Which apparently makes us, as a species, antsy.  Maybe we're too used to chaos/conflict/deprivation, and being without it makes us uncomfortable all in our biology, and we have to sabotage it? 

In short, humanity is Reese Bobby, and that nice family dinner at Applebee's has unnerved the hell out of us, and we need to pick a fight over onions on a steak and get tossed outta the joint....

tenor.gif?itemid=9936542

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Projected massive Labour losses. Corbyn has to go. 

Corbyn is their Hillary, but worse.  He's a candidate so bad, the pathological liar buffoon can beat him.  He's an albatross around the neck of Labour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Corbyn is their Hillary, but worse.  He's a candidate so bad, the pathological liar buffoon can beat him.  He's an albatross around the neck of Labour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While a Tory victory would not surprise anyone, I would issue the usual caveats that British exit polls are notoriously unreliable.

Truly--I don't know why they publish them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

While a Tory victory would not surprise anyone, I would issue the usual caveats that British exit polls are notoriously unreliable.

Truly--I don't know why they publish them.

Yes they classify 65 seats as too close to call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Corbyn is their Hillary, but worse.  He's a candidate so bad, the pathological liar buffoon can beat him.  He's an albatross around the neck of Labour.

I don't know if you paid attention, but Corbyn faced some of the most ill-intentiobed accusations of anti-Semitism that were basically nothing more than him standing up for Palestinians. It's not a shock that people bought into this garbage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GSU&UT said:

I don't know if you paid attention, but Corbyn faced some of the most ill-intentiobed accusations of anti-Semitism that were basically nothing more than him standing up for Palestinians. It's not a shock that people bought into this garbage

Everyone knows if you have any sympathy for Palestine, you’re a Jew hater. /American GOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically, this might be the beginning of the end for the United Kingdom as we know it. Scotland is itching to have another independence vote and Catholics will be a majority in Northern Ireland by 2021.

Good times.

Edited by David Dennison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I don't know if you paid attention, but Corbyn faced some of the most ill-intentiobed accusations of anti-Semitism that were basically nothing more than him standing up for Palestinians. It's not a shock that people bought into this garbage

Oh, there's no doubt that the Tory campaign was fraught with bad-faith bullshit and outright lies (dude, that's on-brand for "conservative" politics these days).  The hell of it is, they didn't need that to make Corbyn look like shit.  He's a repeated failure of a leader.  Labour is a mess.

Meanwhile, the Lib Dems....yeah, they just can't get any damned traction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Ironically, this might be the beginning of the end for the United Kingdom as we know it. Scotland is itching to have another independence vote and Catholics will be a majority in Northern Ireland by 2021.

Good times.

Yep.

The UK is intent on drinking hemlock, just to "show them bastards!" Not sure who....exactly.....but, you know, "them."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Corbyn is their Hillary, but worse.  He's a candidate so bad, the pathological liar buffoon can beat him.  He's an albatross around the neck of Labour.

Best take I’ve seen so far.  Corbyn was a disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hornbri said:

I am in London tonight. This is fascinating to watch and listen to locals discuss at the pub. 

I suspect it is.  Do share any juicy turns of phrase you hear from the locals.  Egg them on and solicit outrageous shit from them for our entertainment.  That's an order, not a request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, there's no doubt that the Tory campaign was fraught with bad-faith bullshit and outright lies (dude, that's on-brand for "conservative" politics these days).  The hell of it is, they didn't need that to make Corbyn look like shit.  He's a repeated failure of a leader.  Labour is a mess.

Meanwhile, the Lib Dems....yeah, they just can't get any damned traction.

It's not the Torries even, the UK media is a lot more right-wing and did very little to cover the election in a good-faith and fair way. Brexit may have still win overall, but they absolutely played a role in shaping the narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

It's not the Torries even, the UK media is a lot more right-wing and did very little to cover the election in a good-faith and fair way. Brexit may have still win overall, but they absolutely played a role in shaping the narrative.

Yeah, that’s how fascism works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But seriously I know little of UK politics, but the people voted for Brexit a couple years. It seems to have stalled out since then. Their people have mandated it again.  Let them have it. I suspect things will be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

It's not the Torries even, the UK media is a lot more right-wing and did very little to cover the election in a good-faith and fair way. Brexit may have still win overall, but they absolutely played a role in shaping the narrative.

I had no idea that was the case. Interesting. I wonder why the difference compared to here?

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, that’s how fascism works. 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I’m of the understanding they don’t know HOW to “have it”

Yeah I don’t know all the specifics of why it hasn’t been done yet, but they’ve essentially voted for it twice now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.

The UK is intent on drinking hemlock, just to "show them bastards!" Not sure who....exactly.....but, you know, "them."  

The goddam frogs.  And the hun.  And the dirty Dutch.  That's who.  Those fuckers that buy all their shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah I don’t know all the specifics of why it hasn’t been done yet, but they’ve essentially voted for it twice now. 


Brexit isn’t on the ballot. The parties don’t neatly align w stay/go and brexit is not high priority for many.

So, no, they’ve not essentially voted for it twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

That's why the electoral college is pretty good.

You can have a republic and a democracy without the Electoral College.  You just let the person with the most votes win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can have a republic and a democracy without the Electoral College.  You just let the person with the most votes win. 

How do you make sure that the mob doesn't rule?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...