Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I negged him once last week for a bad take on something, so he' freaked out, apparently, and he's been following me around on the board negging legitimate recruiting and football discussions, including me going after the okie for his weak logic as well.

The n the dipshit shows up with the bad track takes here, so I negged him a couple of times. He then, this morning, sends me a PM saying "You got a problem?" Uhhh, yeah, I do now.  I didn't notice the handle before, but yeah, now you've got my attention. It's always strange to me when a new poster decides I'm the poster with whom they're going to fuck with and talk shit. 

I was wondering if perhaps you had gone Benjamin Braddock on his mother and sister with both ultimately left broken, consoling themselves with cheap booze, pills and Let's Make a Deal.  That would be better story than being a thin-skinned stranger in a strange land.

3 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I'm officially in the camp of "fuck this guy" even if he decides to flip

I like the hate. It makes it that much sweeter when we're winning and making them vomit in the back of their throat. Hate us, more than they like themselves. Awesome.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

https://247sports.com/player/jaleel-skinner-46058801/

6'5 WR/TE from South Carolina. Love to see Banks tagged in those offers. I'm sure he is a Clemson lock but good to see this staff give zero fucks about shooting their shot.

Edited by UncleSonny
already posted, should have known when it an hour old tweet.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:
18 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

https://247sports.com/player/jaleel-skinner-46058801/

6'5 WR/TE from South Carolina. Love to see Banks tagged in those offers. I'm sure he is a Clemson lock but good to see this staff give zero fucks about shooting their shot.

He seems quite taken by the Texas offer. Maybe we are his dream school?

Roach

Spoiler

— It sounds like Evan Stewart is going to hold off from making a decision.  After tweeting that his process was over, there were some folks who got in his ear and advised him to hold off for now.  Evan is incredibly unpredictable but he's starting to tell people that he wants to reset and take some time with the recruiting process.

— Since Texas made a coaching change, four-star cornerback commit Jaylon Guilbeau has been pretty open about the fact he will explore his options. Guilbeau was tied pretty closely to Jay Valai when he was at Texas, and he made no secret of the fact that Valai leaving would change his view on Texas. Guilbeau has been in communication with the new Texas staff, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him ultimately open his recruitment and re-evaluate his options. Texas A&M has been pushing since Tom Herman was fired and they’d probably be considered the favorite to land him.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

I don't get Clemson. It's just a campus stuck in the middle of nowhere with a Publix and a few fast food joints and pizza places. You have to drive 30 miles to get to a town of any size but at least a nuclear reactor is close by. No wonder they had to build some goofy stuff to keep their guys from getting bored to tears. I guess it is on a lake though.

Pickens County - Clemson University

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I'm embarrassed to say I have first hand experience living in Mississippi. My ex was a physician from Mississippi that went to undergrad at Mississippi State.  I spent time in Starkville and that is a shithole town. It will be a shock for Jalen. Good luck.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

I'm embarrassed to say I have first hand experience living in Mississippi. My ex was a physician from Mississippi that went to undergrad at Mississippi State.  I spent time in Starkville and that is a shithole town. It will be a shock for Jalen. Good luck.

Yo ... it's just an offer from them.

Suchomel said Guilbeau supposedly feels good about his Texas commitment after speaking to our staff.

(In case you assumed he flipped ... )

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

I don't get Clemson. It's just a campus stuck in the middle of nowhere with a Publix and a few fast food joints and pizza places. You have to drive 30 miles to get to a town of any size but at least a nuclear reactor is close by. No wonder they had to build some goofy stuff to keep their guys from getting bored to tears. I guess it is on a lake though.

Pickens County - Clemson University

You just described 95% of college towns.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Droopy said:

I like the hate. It makes it that much sweeter when we're winning and making them vomit in the back of their throat. Hate us, more than they like themselves. Awesome.

I hope he chokes on the vomit, and it’s not his - Spinal Tap style

11 hours ago, Octavian said:

The average explosive passing play is about 35 yards. That's about 32 meters. Most 200M sprinters do not get anywhere near their top speed in 32 meters (average 100M sprinter does in 35M and 200M sprinters in 55M). Yes, a good 200M sprinter has amazing top speed, but it rarely translates to speed that is functional on the football field. The speed at which an athlete "gets off the blocks" and their initial 10M burst is the most important for a WR/RB because it is what determines whether they can get initial separation/make people miss. I understand the snarkiness and I understand that having a good 200M time means he's very fast. However, most top speeds for distances above 100M don't translate to football because you are rarely going in a straight line and you are rarely running for over 30M. 

If you want to argue that Becton can make him more explosive and that his early acceleration can be improved by improvement to technique, form, and conditioning, I'm all for it. The 200M time itself is not the hill to die on.

Sprinters train to hit top speed at a certain point in the race and a well-trained 200 runner may never truly hit top speed. You can only hold it for a moment and then you begin to fade. 98% effort can obviously be held a while longer.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting