Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Was Omeire's camp breakout real? He's as Tom Herman a receiver as they come. Curious if Sark has developed an opinion yet and whether we should expect/want him to stick around. 

His physical profile is relatively similar to Juju Smith-Schuster who was Sark's leading receiver at USC. For sure seems like a Herman WR over the small fast guys Sark lit up the scoreboard with at Alabama but IF the camp breakout was real I'm sure he'll have a role. 

21 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Reading the tea leaves,  some sources are saying that the staff isn't high on Charbonnet and others are saying Texas is pursuing him. It sounds like both are true, because depth. 

Well, you're at least reading my tea leaves, albeit obviously not on staff. I watched the guy plenty in 2019 and viewed him as okay. Like, Kenny Hayter okay or something.

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

Processing WRs right now doesn't really create room because they won't reach the 85 even with a full class, so the only reason to do it would be to just have fewer WRs in the room. I'd keep them around for emergency depth, but they'll probably start leaving the program from natural depth chart over the next year 

My view is that there is more than one logic string to play out on this. Your take is logically fine, but it's also not absurd to decide to whittle down excessively high numbers anyway. If you don't need'em, lose'em. Guys who aren't going to contribute on the field and aren't glue guys in the locker room add net negative value. Lewis isn't bringing anything positive to the table. Harrison has no one advocating in his corner whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Was Omeire's camp breakout real? He's as Tom Herman a receiver as they come. Curious if Sark has developed an opinion yet and whether we should expect/want him to stick around. 

People seemed to buy-in to the Omeire hype that I wouldn't call gullible. I remain from Missouri on the matter. Nothing heading into his arrival spelled promise. I heard amazing shit about Malcolm Epps ahead of seeing him in a game, too. Omeire went from big and slow to big and slower with his injury. I don't know, maybe we get lucky though. We're due.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Brennen is from Panhandle

West TX = Oil

"Texas is booming" could be referring to next oil boom out west with the closure or Tar Sands, and Keystone XL.

Derail recruiting thread in 3....2....1....

Am I doing this right? ORRR should I just mention 200m track times lol

How in the fuck is the statement "Texas is booming" a mystery to that dipshit Suchomel or people on this board? It's quite clearly exactly as you're calling it. For fuck's sake.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Update on Stewart from my end: Checked in with my friends that run with Evan. Can confirm what the guy said about him filming a video and it was for Texas. They aren't sure why he's holding up. Can also confirm that he only does TikTok for money and intentionally makes himself a little douche thirst trap influencer. "Sex sells" even applies on apps filled with 12 year olds. But yeah he filmed the video which is no doubt why TFB is so sure of it. Now we wait I guess.

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Reading the tea leaves,  some sources are saying that the staff isn't high on Charbonnet and others are saying Texas is pursuing him. It sounds like both are true, because depth. 

This this what I’ve noticed. However, aside from the “Roach” dude, a lot of the other $9.95’ers are reporting that Texas DOES have interest.  

It all seems like a crap shoot right now..at least pertaining to Charbonnet...

Hamilton ~”The Longhorns have also been in contact with Michigan transfer Zach Charbonnet, and the staff does see potential value in bringing in the 6-foot-1, 220-pounder.”

Roach~ “checked with sources tonight to see if there was any interest in Michigan running back transfer Zach Charbonnet. I was told Texas doesn’t feel that he’s a great fit and likely wouldn’t pursue him.”

7 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Hamilton ~”The Longhorns have also been in contact with Michigan transfer Zach Charbonnet, and the staff does see potential value in bringing in the 6-foot-1, 220-pounder.”

Roach~ “checked with sources tonight to see if there was any interest in Michigan running back transfer Zach Charbonnet. I was told Texas doesn’t feel that he’s a great fit and likely wouldn’t pursue him.”

Yeah, these statements can coexist and be correct. I think this Roach quote was when things were looking okay with Gray and LJ hadn't decided to hold off until whenever until is. And now that we're in the position of having neither, on to plan Charbonnet

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There's a pathetic part of me that is interested in seeing some sort of arbitrary, bizarro fight over Mike Roach's character escalate into another GlenFromTheMailroom/SydneyCarton type of ongoing and angry slap fight.

I think it's awesome that the most milquetoast, bland $9.95er out there is spurring this much emotion 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yeah, these statements can coexist and be correct. I think this Roach quote was when things were looking okay with Gray and LJ hadn't decided to hold off until whenever until is. And now that we're in the position of having neither, on to plan Charbonnet

Thank you for this. I hadn’t really taken into consideration the timing of the respective statements. Makes sense. Gracias.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Sorry to double quote- But @Ricky's one-hitter logic got me thinking- I remember someone posting a snippet from texags about a poster spewing shit about Drayton leaving post NSD2 and that being reason for the lack of traction at RB recruiting.
So, and I claim all sorts of ignorance on this; do any of you “in the know” hold any value in this? 
Is there a shred of truth to this or is the some douche-bag aggy wish casting?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding the WR positions, it's becoming very obvious that there is about to be a purge there. I don't know if Harrison ever actually puts on pads at Texas. Maybe Kennedy Lewis will put the bong down for a minute this spring and attempt to compete, but I doubt it.

Herman's handling of WR from the beginning to the end should be pursued as a crime against humanity and prosecuted before high council at The Hague.

Ya, wouldn't surprise me to see 3 or 4 leave over the spring. I think that would be an ideal situation to trim the roster fat there. Sark seems like he is going to start with our fastest guys and work backwards. His early emphasis on speed is telling for some of the plodders in that room. I am curious to see what he does with Omeire. The guy got rave reviews before he was hurt, but he is pretty pedestrian in the speed department. 

With regards to Troy Omeire, I didn’t believe the hype really until I saw some of the practice videos.  Collin Johnson has pretty good hands and usually made some acrobatic catches and TO21 looked even better in those clips.  Those are NFL type catches.  He doesn’t have elite speed but the dude has is big, elite hands, body control, and was abusing DBs in camp.

His recruitment was puzzling because surly shit on him after his slow 40 time but LSU, Aggy, and Texas were after him hard.  After that junior season it came out that he was injured during that camp and most of junior season but not sure how true that is. 

Anyways, put me in the camp that he’s the real deal.  It wasn’t just the coaches, but the players, Ehlinger seemed to think he was damn good.  Dude put Eagles on the bench on the first week of college practice.  Some players are just different.  Whittington was the same way.  He was better than anyone on the offense his first week of practice.  Too bad he can’t ducking stay healthy.  Between TO21, Whittington, Smith, Moore, Dixon... the staff has some good WRs to work with.  The rest are JAGs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, crum said:

Update on Stewart from my end: Checked in with my friends that run with Evan. Can confirm what the guy said about him filming a video and it was for Texas. They aren't sure why he's holding up. Can also confirm that he only does TikTok for money and intentionally makes himself a little douche thirst trap influencer. "Sex sells" even applies on apps filled with 12 year olds. But yeah he filmed the video which is no doubt why TFB is so sure of it. Now we wait I guess.

Roach?  Is that you?

14 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Sorry to double quote- But @Ricky's one-hitter logic got me thinking- I remember someone posting a snippet from texags about a poster spewing shit about Drayton leaving post NSD2 and that being reason for the lack of traction at RB recruiting.
So, and I claim all sorts of ignorance on this; do any of you “in the know” hold any value in this? 
Is there a shred of truth to this or is the some douche-bag aggy wish casting?

I bit on that, too. All available info points to it being a texags rumor only.

At the end of last summer, we had Johnson (vs aggy) and Wheaton (vs blOU) in a position to commit and we were taking the first to jump in. Bijan and LJ talked a bunch and we were hitting blOU hard with DeMarco Murray's lack of development of his backs. Then, Wheaton released a top 3 without us in it, confusing everyone. It was surmised he was butthurt about a preference for LJ among the staff and he ultimately committed to Alabama.

We had a few more elite backs lined up to visit in the Spring. Donovan Edwards and Henderson, but Rona killed that. So, the only real lack of traction was a result of LJ pussyfooting and TH being fired. Anything else is wishcasting gobbledygook 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, crum said:

Sure seems like this is what happened. Just wonder why he decided to hold off after getting to the point of making a video and supposedly a silent verbal. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Processing WRs right now doesn't really create room because they won't reach the 85 even with a full class, so the only reason to do it would be to just have fewer WRs in the room. I'd keep them around for emergency depth, but they'll probably start leaving the program from natural depth chart over the next year 

Don’t forget Montrell Estell is moving to WR unnecessarily as well...what was the logic of moving a guy from a thin safety room to the deepest position on the team. If anything some of these guys like Woodard should be going the other way. Why not put Woodard at corner, he’s not contributing at WR

14 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Sure seems like this is what happened. Just wonder why he decided to hold off after getting to the point of making a video and supposedly a silent verbal. 

asked to hold off until first big event? maybe right after NSD? who knows

do we have any idea when the next event is going to be as of today?

Edited by NoName

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Don’t forget Montrell Estell is moving to WR unnecessarily as well...what was the logic of moving a guy from a thin safety room to the deepest position on the team. If anything some of these guys like Woodard should be going the other way. Why not put Woodard at corner, he’s not contributing at WR

There is no logic in the move, but the previous staff allowed players to play whatever position they wanted. Flowers wanted to try WR, so they moved him. One of the dumbest coaching philosophies I have ever heard. Can you imagine if normal businesses operated this way:

BOSS: "RGBIII, I've been watching your career, and you really have a keen sense of customer service and marketing. We are going to train you for our Regional Sales Managers position."

RGBIII: "Man Boss, I really appreciate that, but with all due respect, I think I will take my talents to the HR department."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Lots of good stuff from TFB ...

Hide contents

***Sark knows he can develop a quarterback. Now, he needs elite weapons. Not just some nice three or even four star wide receivers but some real dudes. And as an offensive guy, it seems he has immediately turned his attention to this position group.

***As you know, earlier this week Evan Stewart announced he had shut things down only to delete the tweet a day or two later. No big deal in my opinion. I’m told Stewart was asked to slow things down a bit by folks around him. As of right now though, I just see this as a delay.

***You want speed? Stewart has it for days and Sark knows it.

***As Charlie noted yesterday, I’ve been in touch with Mater Dei WR, CJ Williams who also happens to be the teammate of Sark’s son. He is very excited to get down to Austin for a visit.

***Emerging 2022 WR, Chris Marshall (Fort Bend Marshall) is a high priority target for Texas. Only ranked a three star right now but as his offer list grows, that will change. I’m told Texas would like to get him in the boat as soon as possible.

***The Tyreek Hill of this class is another Mater Dei offensive weapon in Raleek Brown. Folks around Brown told me that Sark has already been in touch with them and in fact, Sark just spoke with Raleek the day before yesterday.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see CJ and Raleek make a visit to Austin in the near future.

***Also, just so you understand what kind of speed you’re dealing with in someone like Raleek Brown, I’ll give you some times. As a freshman, Brown ran a 4.3 at OU’s camp. On the second run, Lincoln Riley personally timed the run and got him at around the same time. For comparison, Hollywood Brown ran upper 4.3s at OU.

How many kids does Sark have? I hope he has sons on the football team at Mater Dei for the next 15 years. 

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

So Kennedy Lewis loves bong hits?  Hope he gets it together for Spring practices.. was really high on him when he committed here

I wouldn’t count on it. Guys with as shaky of a track record as his rarely pan out. 

Well, you're at least reading my tea leaves, albeit obviously not on staff. I watched the guy plenty in 2019 and viewed him as okay. Like, Kenny Hayter okay or something.

My view is that there is more than one logic string to play out on this. Your take is logically fine, but it's also not absurd to decide to whittle down excessively high numbers anyway. If you don't need'em, lose'em. Guys who aren't going to contribute on the field and aren't glue guys in the locker room add net negative value. Lewis isn't bringing anything positive to the table. Harrison has no one advocating in his corner whatsoever. 

People seemed to buy-in to the Omeire hype that I wouldn't call gullible. I remain from Missouri on the matter. Nothing heading into his arrival spelled promise. I heard amazing shit about Malcolm Epps ahead of seeing him in a game, too. Omeire went from big and slow to big and slower with his injury. I don't know, maybe we get lucky though. We're due.

Whoever told you Epps looked good should go reassess their entire life. He’s always been soft and slow. His ceiling was a guy who could catch a fade in the end zone. He hasn’t even reached that yet. For someone who plays a TE 99% of the time, Herman fucked up that position almost beyond belief. At least we have Wiley.

• Haha 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Whoever told you Epps looked good should go reassess their entire life. He’s always been soft and slow. His ceiling was a guy who could catch a fade in the end zone. He hasn’t even reached that yet. For someone who plays a TE 99% of the time, Herman fucked up that position almost beyond belief. At least we have Wiley.

I still laugh when I think about how he got punked by that 5'10" corner from La Tech

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

the $9.95ers were hyping him up all offseason.. then he was on CJs youtube channel catching balls with Duve from that football machine, and most posters were going from 6 to midnight.

Regarding the WR positions, it's becoming very obvious that there is about to be a purge there. I don't know if Harrison ever actually puts on pads at Texas. Maybe Kennedy Lewis will put the bong down for a minute this spring and attempt to compete, but I doubt it.

Herman's handling of WR from the beginning to the end should be pursued as a crime against humanity and prosecuted before high council at The Hague.

Does this make the retention of Andre Coleman any more concerning?

9 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

There is no logic in the move, but the previous staff allowed players to play whatever position they wanted. Flowers wanted to try WR, so they moved him. One of the dumbest coaching philosophies I have ever heard. Can you imagine if normal businesses operated this way:

No Doc, I looked online. I need that malaria drug for the COVIDs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

the $9.95ers were hyping him up all offseason.. then he was on CJs youtube channel catching balls with Duve from that football machine, and most posters were going from 6 to midnight.

I have absolutely no recollection of this, but it may just be because I always thought he sucked. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

How many kids does Sark have? I hope he has sons on the football team at Mater Dei for the next 15 years. 

I wouldn’t count on it. Guys with as shaky of a track record as his rarely pan out. 

It's already been addressed, but I didn't hear from someone that knows football. I was referring to the $9.95ers getting all of their intel from dipshits like Drew Mehringer. I could have just as well been talking about Courtnee Garcia or Artie Ellis, both of whom drew rave reviews in one offseason or another and were foisted upon us by various $9.95 mouthpieces. It's been a theme for Internet immemorial when it comes to UT offseason reporting.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

yeah man.. Anwar was really hyping him up too because of his size and his "source" glowing reviews of him at practice

Right. And who was Anwar's source? He consented to being TH's mouthpiece early on, so anything from him regarding practice reports or evals was just whatever Tom and his inner circle wanted to get out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Right. And who was Anwar's source? He consented to being TH's mouthpiece early on, so anything from him regarding practice reports or evals was just whatever Tom and his inner circle wanted to get out.

yep but the boards drank that kool-aide like how we always do in the off season..  it's a long tradition..like TQ on the edge of bursting out this season.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's already been addressed, but I didn't hear from someone that knows football. I was referring to the $9.95ers getting all of their intel from dipshits like Drew Mehringer. I could have just as well been talking about Courtnee Garcia or Artie Ellis, both of whom drew rave reviews in one offseason or another and were foisted upon us by various $9.95 mouthpieces. It's been a theme for Internet immemorial when it comes to UT offseason reporting.

Guys, let me tell you about how this off-season we've really re-tooled the offense to use our TEs. And boy do our TEs look great!

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

yep but the boards drank that kool-aide like how we always do in the off season..  it's a long tradition..like TQ on the edge of bursting out this season.

The offseason star is indeed a long and glorious tradition. Christian Scott dethroning Blake Gideon, Cody Johnson/Joe Bergeron becoming Ricky Williams 2.0, Naashon Hughes playing with an edge, Taquan Graham being unblockable. It never gets old.   

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

The offseason star is indeed a long and glorious tradition. Christian Scott dethroning Blake Gideon, Cody Johnson/Joe Bergeron becoming Ricky Williams 2.0, Naashon Hughes playing with an edge, Taquan Graham being unblockable. It never gets old.   

Michael Huey looking like a future nfler 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Gerry and Nahlin posted their top 75 prospects for this cycle:

Spoiler

By: Eric and Gerry

As we have maintained at Inside Texas, recruiting matters. With Steve Sarkisian now in Austin, the Class of 2022 certainly matters as the Longhorns look for big momentum swings inside state lines.

There remains no doubt who the top overall prospect in the class is, Southlake Carroll quarterback Quinn Ewers. He’s the best natural passer the state has produced since Kyler Murray and Ewers battled back from injury and hernia surgery to lead the Dragons to the state championship game.

The wide receiver position is where the rankings will be looked at very closely. There will continue to be plenty of movement in the next year with a number of prospects that are being recruited by national powerhouses, and others appearing on the radar of Power 5 programs. There is impressive depth in the class at a number of positions, including receiver, running back, offensive guard, defensive end and linebacker. It doesn’t lack for quality quarterbacks, either.

Without further ado, IT releases the first Top 75 state rankings in the 2022 class:

1 Quinn Ewers, QB, Southlake Carroll (Ohio State)

Position ranking: No. 1 QB

6-3, 205

Gerry Hamilton: Even in a very strong 2022 class, this one remains a no brainer for No. 1 overall. The one-time Texas verbal literally has everything one looks for at the quarterback position, most importantly calmness under duress. Ewers played at close to 60 percent in the playoffs following hernia surgery.

Eric Nahlin: Lively arm, sees the field, accurate, good enough athleticism to extend the play, or make one himself. On top of it, he’s a student of the game every bit as much as players who get by mostly on that trait alone.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11408015/Quinn-Ewers

2 Ernest Cooper, DE, Arlington Martin

Position ranking: No. 1 DE

6-5, 235

GH: Cooper is a can’t miss prospect due to the frame, agility, work ethic and intelligence. His play over the 2020 season has improved as well to feel confident about the ranking. Cooper can still improve his snap anticipation and become more of a pass rushing force. Stanford leads large here.

EN: Same school as Myles Garrett but has the high floor and positional versatility of Solomon Thomas. Like Thomas, also loves Stanford. Impressive kid on and off the field. Probably the highest floor in the class which explains his lofty ranking.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9878202/Ernest-Cooper

3 Denver Harris, CB, North Shore

Position ranking: No. 1 CB

6-1, 180

GH: North Shore has had a number of tremendous defensive backs over the years, and to hear the staff say Harris is Chykie Brown with scheme versatility says a lot. And that is spot on. It’s more than just frame and athleticism, but the football smarts to be able to play bump man and zone.

EN: Unquestionably a first round NFL talent due to size, speed, and movement skills. Ball skills have improved since his sophomore year. The biggest concern with Harris is he tore his ACL in North Shore’s heartbreaking loss to Austin Westlake in the state semifinals.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12336249/Denver-Harris

4 Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Liberty

Position ranking: No. 1 WR

6-0, 175

GH: If one is looking for a receiver that can take the top off a defense and tell one million TikTok followers how he did it, Stewart is your man. Stewart has real quickness and speed in spades, with long arms and big hands that help him be a productive player on Friday nights. Stewart is looking to put up 10.4 100m, sa ub-21 200m, a 25-foot long jump and a 49-foot or longer triple jump this spring.

EN: A clear vertical threat schools will want to move around to hunt matchups. He’s also dangerous in the jet sweep game. He’s becoming more well rounded which is scary given his elite top-end speed and acceleration.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10161731/Evan-Stewart

5 Bear Alexander, DT, Denton Ryan

Position ranking: No. 1 DT

6-3, 325

GH: Now that Bear has been on the field Ryan, it’s easy to see why he’s one of the most coveted defensive tackles in the country. Rare first step quickness and lateral quickness for 6-3, 325. Add in long arms, strong hands and natural contact power and he’s a “must get” for a number of programs.

EN: After freshman bear sightings we weren’t quite sure what we’d see as a junior but all the traits we saw early on are there and then some. He looks to have a higher ceiling than Marvin Wilson in the 2017 class.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14883948/Bear-Alexander

6 Harold Perkins, OLB, Cy-Park

Position ranking: No. 1 LB

6-3, 200

GH: Pound for pound, this may be the best athlete nationally in the 2022 class. A true freak athlete that ran a laser 4.49 on grass in mid-July at over 200 pounds. Perkins is more than just an athletic freak, however. He’s a quickly developing linebacker that plays with the physicality needed to be elite. Arm length is the only thing holding him back from being a potentially special prospect.

EN: You can tell he’s a future star just by watching him at running back. I love running back as an evaluation tool for future linebackers but you don’t need it with Perkins. He is can’t-miss athletically. As the game slows down for him, he has unlimited potential. He has very uncommon film for a linebacker prospect.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11293369/Harold-Perkins

7 Neto Umeozulu, OT/G, Allen

Position ranking: No. 1 OT

6-5, 300

GH: The junior season video checked the boxes. This guy is physical on contact showing initial pop/strength. He can run his feet and be devastating in the run game. He is impressive moving his feet and playing in his hips in space. He also has body quickness in pass pro. If he maximizes his ability, he will play on Sundays.

EN: I think he could play tackle, but his ceiling at guard is extremely high. He wants to move people in the run game but he’d be elite in pass pro from the interior.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12384296/Neto-Umeozulu

8 Brenen Thompson, WR/ATH, Spearman

Position ranking: No. 2 WR

5-10, 165

GH: What’s not to like? Thompson has 10.2 100m speed and works on a farm when he’s not scoring touchdowns or lapping the field at track meets. His junior tape is more of the same with impressive arms-extended receptions and game changing speed and acceleration.

EN: Let’s make a deal: if Texas lands Thompson the tired Jaylen Waddle IT meme gets retired. Thompson may not be Waddle, but he’s not all that far off when it comes to difficulty to tackle in the open field. Thompson’s elite track speed bleeds onto the field with elite play-speed.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11906981/Brenen-Thompson

9 Jaray Bledsoe, DT, Bremond

Position ranking: No. 2 DT

6-4, 270

GH: After seeing Bledsoe in person, he could easily end up a top five prospect in the state in a loaded class. Simply put, he looks like the upside prospect that Nick Saban has had littered all over his defensive line for a decade. Has the frame, long arms, big hands, dunks the basketball with ease and is blessed with elite initial quickness and reactive quickness.

EN: With Cooper we talk about the floor, and Bledsoe has that too because of the certainty he’ll spin down, but this young man has a cathedral ceiling. His initial quickness and closing speed in the backfield is something to behold.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15012583/Jaray-Bledsoe

10 Devon Campbell, OG, Arlington Bowie

Position ranking: No. 1 OG

6-4, 305

GH: If the HUDL video and in person evaluation doesn’t do it, just turn on some hoops highlights and it’s easy to see why he’s coveted. The feet and agility at his size aren’t easily found. Soft spoken and nice when you meet him in person, but will bury you on Friday nights in the run game. Can still dunk a basketball at over 300 pounds. Bowie needed him a lot on defense this season and likely will again next season.

EN: Guards often get dinged from a value standpoint but that’s out the window with Campbell because he’s that awesome of a prospect. With guards you should ask yourself, could he play defensive tackle? The answer is a resounding yes when it comes to Campbell.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11329500/Devon-Campbell

11 Omari Abor, DE, Duncanville

Position ranking: No. 2 DE

6-4, 245

GH: Another prospect with his best football ahead of him. After you get past the very high pad level and start watching the agility and quickness with the frame he possesses, it’s not hard to see Abor developing into a top 5 prospect in the class a year from now.

EN: I think he eventually ends up an interior player and as I like to say, there’s tons of value in the spin. He’ll keep his movement skills as he slowly adds size and become a monster. That isn’t to say he couldn’t be a very good strong side defensive end. If he ends up in a multiple defensive front, it’ll be a moot point.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11871536/Omari-Abor

12 Terrance Brooks, CB/N, John Paul II

Position ranking: No. 2 CB

6-0, 185

GH: After seeing Brooks in person in the summer and early in the season, I walked away convinced Brooks can play corner very well at the next level. He is attached in coverage, physical, plays with his eyes and is nearly always sin position to make a play on the ball. NFL pedigree doesn’t hurt either.

EN: Good length, great athlete, and the corner ability is a bit of a revelation after being evaluated as a safety as a sophomore. He shows great awareness thanks to his time spent studying the game. Complete football player. NFL defensive back like his dad, but most likely at corner.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11336637/Terrance-Brooks

13 Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland (Oklahoma)

Position ranking: No. 3 WR

6-1, 185

GH: The best set of hands in a loaded in state receiver class, and is very under-valued after the catch. He has a knack for making the first and second defender miss. Hudson isn’t going to win on pure speed, but he will still win. Physical coverage doesn’t shake Hudson. The Garland staff on Hudson, “He does something every day that makes our jaws drop.”

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11568745/Jordan-Hudson

14 Chris Marshall, WR, Fort Bend Marshall

Position ranking: No. 4 WR

6-3, 195

GH: Chalk up another very talented wide receiver in the state in the 2022 class. This former basketball player is now proving to be a top notch WR prospect with good initial get off, quick feet in and out of cuts and the ability to snatch the rock out of the air. He can also do something after the catch.

EN: It’s hard to believe this is his first year playing organized football since little league. He’s a natural with the ability to play big and small.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15164292/Chris-Marshall

15 Caleb Burton, WR, Del Valle (Ohio State)

Position ranking: No. 5 WR

6-0, 170

GH: A fluid and smooth natural receiver that makes playing the position look effortless. Sometimes when a player has been on the radar as long as Burton, he slowly moves down the rankings. While others have arrived on the scene such as Chris Marshall, only a negative return from a season ending knee injury could change IT’s thoughts on the Austin area star.

EN: He’s a complete receiver. He could be an outside home run threat, or if he wanted, a slot who is impossible to cover with safeties. I don’t think the knee injury will slow him down much with vertical routes being such a big component of his game.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8583464/Caleb-Burton

16 Malick Sylla, DE, Katy High (Texas A&M)

Position ranking: No. 3 DE

6-6, 230

GH: Sylla’s best football is way out in front of him. His combination of frame, length, initial quickness and reactive quickness are elite on a national level. Sylla can win in the backfield with initial quickness and disrupt passing lanes with length.

EN: I call him the Joseph Ossai version of Charles Omenihu. By that I mean he has Ossai’s freaky athleticism and wiry build but will need some time to develop while growing into defensive end, just like Big Charles. Sylla has tremendous pass rushing upside. I felt he was a bit more explosive as a sophomore.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13621744/Malick-Sylla

17 Derrick Brown, DE/OLB, Texas High

Position ranking: No. 4 DE

6-4, 200

GH: Brown played opposite Oklahoma signee Clayton Smith and flashed his upside potential all season. Not only is he long-limbed and quick with bend, but he also takes on and plays through contact in an impressive manner.

EN: Lower body strength to handle the point of attack is the biggest question. Lower body strength is the easiest thing to add. Ergo, this guy has very limited questions about him.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13333194/Derrick-Brown

18 Jaydon Blue, RB, Klein Cain

Position ranking: No. 1 RB

5-10, 200

GH: Having seen Blue in person on the practice field and on Friday night this season, he has a special pair of hands for a running back prospect. He’s got the big play ability at running back, but it’s the versatility in the passing game with 10.6 100-meter wheels that makes him an elite prospect.

EN: I love a pinball back who bounces and darts his way to open grass. Add in his quality hands and slot receiver movement skills, and he’ll have coaches adding a few pages to the playbook.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4707942/Jaydon-Blue

19 P.J. Williams, OT, Dickinson (Texas A&M)

Position ranking: No. 2 OT

6-5, 240

GH: Williams may have the highest ceiling of any offensive lineman in the state. The frame has plenty of upside, the feet are those of a basketball power forward, the wingspan is 84 inches and the hands are over 10 inches. College coaches absolutely love to develop tackles like Williams.

EN: I’ve always been a fan of the grow ‘em template for offensive tackles. That is, find an athletic blank slate like Williams, and don’t even worry about weight because that’s the easiest thing to add.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11720124/Patrick-Williams-Jr

20 Bryce Anderson, S/N, Beaumont West Brook (LSU)

Position ranking: No. 1 S

5-11, 185

GH: Anderson was dabbling with the idea of trying to play QB at the next level last summer, but his upside is at defensive back and that is where his focus will be long term. This is a tremendous football player, period. He has DB versatility. Playing quarterback in a spread scheme at West Brook will only help him maximize as a defensive back.

EN: Versatility in the back end, specifically being able to cover at all five positions, has tremendous value. Anderson might have the ability to play corner which means his coverage skills anywhere else in the secondary would be a plus.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10584880/Bryce-Anderson

21 Bryan Allen Jr., S, Aledo

Position ranking: No. 2 S

6-0, 180

GH: The Aledo staff that has had many nationally recruited players come through over the years believes that he is elite. IT agrees. Allen is smooth in his pedal, closes on the ball quickly, possesses long arms and good timing for leaving his feet to make a play on the ball.

EN: I’ve likened him to Michael Huff because he can cover or close from depth in a hurry. He can star in any scheme.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6605887/Bryan-Allen-Jr

22 Kelvin Banks, OT, Summer Creek

Position ranking: No. 3 OT

6-5, 290

GH: Banks is an impressive technician with a very good frame and ideal 81-inch wingspan. He impressed in a loss to North Shore with his ability to mirror. Banks is a physical run game finisher away from being elite nationally.

EN: He’s come a long way since I first saw him as a freshman. As he continues to physically mature he’ll become more consistently dominant. He plays with good bend and movement skills on the pull and in space.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11699844/Kelvin-Banks-jr

23 Jamarion Miller, RB, Tyler Legacy

Position ranking: No. 2 RB

5-10, 185

GH: While Blue has the best hands and is the fastest of the in-state running back prospects, Miller has that East Texas toughness and has also shown the ability to line up at receiver and make plays this season. He should have 25+ offers at this point.

EN: Has similar versatility to Blue but he’s not quite as well known. That will probably change over time, or at least it should.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11809687/Jamarion-Miller

24 Kam Dewberry, OG/T, Atascocita

Position ranking: No. 2 OG

6-4, 315

GH: Dewberry was the first OL name many heard about in the 2022 class as a freshman on a team with Texas A&M star Kenyon Green. While others have proven to have more upside to this point, Dewberry is a solid guard prospect with the length to play right tackle.

EN: Dewberry has a high floor and will be a multi-year starter wherever he goes. I think his NFL ceiling is at guard but he could be a good college tackle.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10990841/Kam-Dewberry

25 Josh Hoover, QB, Rockwall-Heath

Position ranking: No. 2 QB

6-2, 205

GH: I stopped by Rockwall-Heath a year ago to see other prospects and the staff went on and on about their young QB. They were spot on, as Hoover has the arm talent, feet, the feel and football pedigree to develop into a quality signal caller at the next level. The offers don’t yet match the talent level.

EN: This kid has a calm, smooth delivery but somehow powers it all over. You can tell when he wants to speed things up and really lay into it, he can. I’m a big believer in Hoover, in large part because of his quick thinking and quick actions in the RPO game to go with that arm. He’s a QB1 take for just about anyone.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11295501/Josh-Hoover

26 Cade Klubnik, QB, Austin Westlake

Position ranking: No. 3 QB

6-3, 178

GH: Cade is a solid QB prospect with arguably his best skills being improvising and reacting to pressure. He’s more than a functional athlete at the position, but not a designed run play signal-caller. Can’t underrate his toughness either. Sees the middle of the field well. Wish his stroke was more compact.

EN: I’m more bullish on him on designed runs to the outside where he can slide or hit the sidelines. Coaches will want to scheme some value out of those legs. His delivery is a little long and needs to sync up with his decision making which seems pretty quick. Natural leader and tough kid, exactly what you want at the position in those regards.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11576876/Cade-Klubnik

27 Trevell Johnson, ILB, Arlington Martin

Position ranking: No. 2 LB

6-0, 200

GH: Decent size, but makes up for lack of ideal measurables with long arms and foot quickness. This is another physical defender for Bob Wager at Martin. Physicality, motor, intelligence and long arms is a really good combination for a linebacker.

EN: I think he’s a more athletic Terrell Bernard who is perfectly suited to defending the modern game. He’ll gladly stick his nose in between the tackles but plays with speed and pursuit to the sidelines as well.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11725090/Trevell-Johnson

28 Connor Weigman, QB, Bridgeland

Position ranking: No. 4 QB

6-1, 195

GH: The two-sport star led Bridgeland to phenomenal regular season with the ability to make plays with his arm and feet. He possesses more than functional athleticism at the position, and the arm talent to fit the ball in between safeties and corners. The offers have been rolling in as more game tape has hit HUDL.

EN: I like baseball players because of the quick syncing of the lower and upper half — quick feet, quick release. They’re also used to throwing off balance or from different arm slots. Weigman has those goods along with middle infielder athleticism and ‘it’ factor.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11377860/Conner-Weigman

29 Landon Hullaby, S, Mansfield Timberview

Position ranking: No. 3

6-0, 185

GH: Flat out love Hullaby as a football player. He has defensive back versatility dependent on scheme. He could play corner in the right scheme, but is a better long term safety with the ability to cover like a nickel. Don’t sleep on Hullaby’s ability as a pass rushing DB. He has a little Kenny Vaccaro look to his game and frame.

EN: He played corner quite well as a sophomore but this year he made the move to safety where he again looked good. He has a solid frame but is still fluid in coverage. In time he could grow into a hybrid defender who retains coverage skill.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11274381/Landon-Hullaby

30 Kristopher-Ryan Ross, DT, North Shore

Position ranking: No. 3 DT

6-3, 265

GH: Ross was a brand new name for many when IT released the initial top 50 for the 2022 class, and his junior tape backs up his ranking. I fully expect there to be 20+ offers in time after having watched him play in person vs. Summer Creek. Ross checks all the boxes when talking about frame, foot quickness, flexibility, arm length, physicality, academics and ability to be coached hard by a tremendous North Shore staff.

EN: With the return of Bear and the emergence of Bledsoe and Ross, the interior D-line class has some high upside potential. I’m a fan of Ross’ ability off the ball in combination with his arm length. He gets on O-lineman quicker than Joe Wickline.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11322720/KristopherRyan-Ross

31 Matthew Golden, WR, Klein Cain

Position ranking: No. 6 WR

6-0, 180

GH: Golden is one of the better football players I watched in person this season. He’s a natural, sure handed, confident and tough-minded receiver that also returns punts, plays some wildcat QB and dabbles punting the ball. Golden should have 15+ offers by now, and it’s frankly ridiculous he doesn’t.

EN: GH has sold me on him. Golden uses all of his 6-foot catch radius to effortlessly catch the ball even if the pass is inaccurate. If he had one more gear he’d have every offer in the country, but by no means is he slow. Natural mover, natural hands.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11298734/Matthew-Golden

32 Nicholas Anderson, WR, Katy High

Position ranking: No. 8 WR

6-4, 190

GH: Anderson is rising up the rankings as IT predicted prior to the season. Not only does he possess very good feet and quickness for his size, but he’s arguably the most physical receiver in the class. Every step he makes is with purpose. Displays very good body control and ability to adjust to the ball. The younger brother of Rodney Anderson will rack up offers soon enough.

EN: Urgency is an underrated trait off the line of scrimmage. Purpose, urgency, same thing, and Anderson plays with it. I think his greatest value would be in the slot. Rare is the receiver who will do the dirty work.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11658115/Nicholas-Anderson

33 Jaylon Guilbeau, CB/N, Port Arthur Memorial (Texas)

Position ranking: No. 3 CB

6-0, 180

GH: Playing boundary corner, the Texas commit doesn’t get as much action as many other defensive backs in the class. The size and hands are there, as is the confidence. What we don’t get to see is make up speed and consistently being challenged to cover and run. Plenty of upside here though.

EN: Guilbeau spent a lot of time on the island and looked good doing it. He shows quick feet and the ability to turn and run with fast receivers. His change of direction and physicality, which I did like for nickel, also translates at corner. My previous eval leaned heavy towards nickel. That may still be in the cards but it’s more dependent on how the rest of UT’s class shakes out rather than him being a questionable fit at corner.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12085629/Jaylon-Guilbeau

34 Jaylen Early, OT/G, Duncanville

Position ranking: No. 4 OT

6-4, 275

GH: Arguably the best athlete among the OL prospects in the state in the class. Early is quick off the ball, following with a quick second step, needs only weight/strength to move defenders in the run game, and shows the ability to mirror in pass pro. He looks tiny lined up next to teammate Cameron Williams, but he’s not undersized for his age. Playing guard this season keeps him from shooting up the rankings.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11957436/Jaylen-Early

35 Jarred Kerr, ATH, Lexington

Position ranking: No. 1 ATH

6-0, 180

GH: Kerr shined at the July elite Underclassmen Showcase that had a number of top 2022 skill players in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. He’s a wiry strong playmaker that could fit on either side of the ball long term due to high level ball skills and COD.

EN: I have him as a safety where his change of direction and ball skills will be best utilized, but he does have some plant-and-go to his running game.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11402963/Jarred-Kerr

36 Cristian Driver, WR/ATH, Liberty Cristian

Position ranking: No. 7 WR

6-0, 180

GH: The son of Donald Driver looked like a national recruit at defensive back as a sophomore, but he prefers to play wide receiver at the next level. Driver has the physical tools to play WR and there is little doubt will develop with an advanced understanding of how to play the position.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10159024/Cristian-Driver

37 Armani Winfield, WR, Lewisville (Texas)

Position ranking: No. 9 WR

6-2, 180

GH: Another smooth and natural at the position in the class. He can really track a ball in the air. Sneaky fast vertically. Can be a bit of a body catcher on vertical routes, which will be tested at the next level.

EN: Throw it out there and he’ll run underneath it. He should become a devastating route runner with deceptive speed. There’s some Charleston Rambo to his skillset but you’d like to see the production to match.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9977527/Armani-Winfield

38 Kobie McKinzie, LB, Lubbock Coronado (Oklahoma)

Position ranking: No. 3 LB

6-3, 227

GH: Terrific size, arm length and frame allows for two options for success — OLB or DE. A physical player on contact, but not a “play is over” player on contact. The motor appears to be there to be a quality defender in major college football.

EN: Where he plays will make all the difference. If they try and shoehorn him inside it will go poorly. If they play him on the edge, he could be special. He’s a striker with real shock power.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11480164/Kobie-McKinzie

39 Marcus Scott II, CB, College Park (LSU)

Position ranking: No. 4 CB

6-1, 170

GH: A 400m runner that is also quickly developing into one of the top cornerback prospects in the Lone Star State due to a combination of height, long arms, reactive quickness and very impressive recovery speed.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10286949/Marcus-Scott-II

40 Chace Biddle, S, Garland

Position ranking: No. 4 S

6-0, 190

GH: Really solid in run support with the ability to tackle one on one and pop from the safety position. Understands leverage, and run force technique. Speed is evident reactive to seeing the ball and closing on a ball carrier. Would like to see more plays on the ball, or opportunities to make plays on the ball.

EN: I love Biddle’s raw athleticism and range in the secondary. He should be a zone ballhawk, or in man coverage, difficult to mismatch in the passing game. But he is more athlete than football player at this point.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11568704/Chace-Biddle

41 Jay Fair, WR, Rockwall-Heath

Position ranking: No. 10 WR

5-11, 175

GH: Fair came out of nowhere this season to become one of the state’s top playmakers with a combination of initial quickness and legit 4.45 speed. We bet on speed and ability to separate at the WR position here at IT. His junior year production rivaled that of J.J. Henry at the same age.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11318323/Jay-Fair

42 Bobby Taylor, CB, Katy High

Position ranking: No. 5 CB

6-1, 180

GH: The son of former Longview, Notre Dame and Eagles star Bobby Taylor doesn’t lack confidence. He has the feet, smooth pedal, reactive quickness and physicality to play corner at a high level. He also has the height and wingspan.

EN: I’m not 100% sure but I’m decently confident Taylor can remain at cornerback in college. I think he moves well enough on top of the length and genes.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11444696/Bobby-Taylor

43 Cole Hutson, OG Frisco High

Position ranking: No. 3 OG

6-5, 300

GH: Very good size and frame for a guard, only lacking an elite wingspan. Will hold up at point of attack and look to hit and move defenders in the run game. Will add quite a bit of strength in the coming years.

EN: I think he has some tackle traits but the build screams guard. He should fare well whether in a zone or gap scheme. There’s some real upside here.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11950081/Cole-Hutson

44 D.J Allen, WR, Gladewater

Position ranking: No. 11 WR

5-11, 190

GH: Welcome in yet another talented wide receiver in the class. Allen has as much suddenness as any outside of Evan Stewart. A strong lower half provides the ability to run through arm tackles.

EN: Not quite as long as fellow East Texan Tevailance Hunt, but he’s similarly explosive and also showing up on the scene out of nowhere. There’s some real upside here and he wouldn’t look out of place on any Big 12 roster.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11597013/DJ-Allen

45 Donovan Green, TE, Dickinson (Texas A&M)

Position ranking: No. 1 TE

6-4, 220

GH: Green has been the name at tight end in the class of 2022 for well over a year, but there will be others that push Green for the top spot. Green is more than a pass catching threat, as he has shown the willingness to get physical in the run game.

EN: He’s known as an athletic receiver but his want-to as a blocker could be what truly differentiates him from most tight ends. Junior year wasn’t as strong as his sophomore year but he could return to form as a senior.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11721798/Donovan-Green

46 Jeremy Patton, ILB, Tenaha

Position ranking: No. 4 LB

6-2, 205

GH: After stopping by Tenaha to see Patton early in the season, he was a no brainer for the top 50. A legit 6-foot-2 with long arms, big hands, the frame to carry 230 pounds and the understanding that linebacker is his best position long term. This small school #bEastTexas playmaker is sure to see the offer list continue to expand in the future.

EN: Ten or twelve years ago, Patton would have ended up starring at Missouri. We’d all wonder how he flew under the radar, especially after his Zapruder highlights were shown on a college telecast. He’s the quintessential East Texas kid. As a prospect he’s miscast as a wide receiver, but if you view him from a defensive standpoint, he’s a no-brainer four-star linebacker.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11229732/Jeremy-Patton

47 Dillon Bell, ATH/OLB, Kinkaid

Position ranking: No. 2 ATH

6-2, 200

GH: Bell shines the brightest on offense for the Houston area private school, but the few snaps he plays on defense and special teams show just how good he could project as an outside linebacker.

EN: Love the way he snatches the ball away from his body and looks to get north and south. His top-end speed is rare for that classification.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11339996/Dillon-Bell

48 Julian Humphrey, CB, Clear Lake

Position ranking: No. 6 CB

6-1, 185

GH: He may test well and run on the track faster than he reacts and plays on the football field. With that said, love the frame, length and upside here. And by the way, his father John Humphrey (Galveston Ball) is still one of the best pure football players the Houston area has ever produced.

EN: Love the speed and build, but is he going to grow into a safety, and if he does, will he bring the physicality necessary for that position? I think he’ll stick at corner, rendering those questions moot, but it’s something to consider.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11463905/Julian-Humphrey

49 Stephon Johnson, WR, Lancaster

Position ranking: No. 12 WR

6-1, 175

GH: When talking to Margin Hooks about the many top flight receivers he trains, he always mentions Johnson within his top group. On tape, it’s easy to see why. Johnson flashes good initial quickness and can stick his foot in the ground and burst to create separation. Where Johnson is better than many other receivers in this class is after the catch with burst and stop/start ability to maximize YAC. Snatches the ball out of the air with arms extended.

EN: He scores a couple of times on plays he had no business finishing standing up. Aside Stewart in the open field, Johnson may be the most dangerous outside receiver with the ball in his hands.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10190062/Stephon-Johnson

50 Cameron Williams, OT, Duncanville

Position ranking: No. 5 OT

6-6, 320

GH: Easy to get overshadowed playing on an offensive line with Savion Byrd and Jaylen Early, but Williams is very good in his own right. He has the best size/frame of the trio and has the mentality to push in the run game and create initial pop in pass protection.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12775268/Cameron-Williams

51 Kip Lewis, LB, Carthage

Position ranking: No. 5 LB

6-1, 205

GH: Lewis may not be the best looking linebacker physically, nor will he put up elite testing numbers, but he lives around the football. He’s instinctive, physically tough, reacts and gobbles up tackling opportunities. He will be effective in coverage as well. A torn ACL caused Lewis to miss his sophomore season and slowed down his recruitment.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12684250/Kip-Lewis

52 Michael Ibukun-Okeyode, DE, Rowlett

Position ranking: No. 5 DE

6-5, 235

GH: After stopping by Rowlett to see the latest DE from the Garland area school, placing him into the top 75 was a no-brainer. The frame is there to carry 275 pounds in time, and the Rowlett coaching staff believes he is ahead of Charles Omenihu at the same age.

EN: In Charlie Strong’s first class an obscure recruit named Charles Omenihu forced his way to the offer table. The same could happen for Ibukun-Okeyode, who is also from Rowlett but more advanced than Omenihu at the same point. If he has the same chip on his shoulder, he’ll be an NFL player too. His best football will be played 45 pounds and four years from now.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12721922/Micheal-IbukunOkeyode

53 Alvin Ebosele, OT, Coppell

Position ranking: No. 6 OT

6-6, 285

GH: Has gone from 6-5, 245 as s sophomore to nearly 6-6 and 285 currently. On tape, there is elite arm length present, along with impressive foot quickness, knee bend, agility and flexibility. This upside OT should develop into a top-notch pass pro tackle.

EN: Christian Jones-ish, though more advanced at the same stage as an offensive tackle.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13091495/Alvin-Ebosele

54 Justin Medlock, LB, Manvel

Position ranking: No. 6 LB

6-1, 210

GH: Medlock plays the game with terrific vision and reactive quickness. There are bigger and faster linebackers, but this Houston area defender gets to the ball just as quick as any ILB in the class. Plays faster than he will likely test. Physical on contact. Closes on the ball under control.

EN: I’m a fan. I think he has RB-ish movement skills as well as good diagnosis and patience. He’s sort of the inverse of a running back. Beyond the No. 6, he reminds me a bit of UT’s Juwan Mitchell from a fit and movement standpoint.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12596027/Justin-Medlock

55 Tre Emory, DT, Mount Pleasant

Position ranking: No. 4 DT

6-2, 295

GH: TCU defensive offers stand out to IT, and Emory has one. His quickness and agility at 295 pounds stands out, and it showed up in testing at Elite Underclassmen Camp in July. Has the coveted speed to power ability from the defensive tackle position.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10237460/Tre-Emory

56 Ollie Gordon, RB, Euless Trinity

Position ranking: No. 3 RB

6-2, 205

GH: Big back with RB vision and instincts. Not going to win foot races to the edge or vertically, but he will maximize runs in every other way. Frame to carry 225-230 pounds.

EN: Good speed and subtle movements in the open field. Might not be a creator but if the lane is there he’s going to hit it. He won’t be fun to tackle when running downhill at 225 pounds.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11846811/Ollie-Gordon

57 Cody Mladenka, TE, College Park

Position ranking: No. 2 TE

6-5, 240

GH: After watching Mladenka work out at College Park on Wednesday, the decision was easy to get him into the top 75. Size, foot quickness, flexibility, long arms but plenty of strength, big hands and Ivy League academics. This will be a 6-6, 260-pound athletic TE in a couple of years. Baylor was the first of plenty of Power 5 offers headed his way.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3086220/Cody-Mladenka

58 Noah Thomas, WR, Clear Springs

Position ranking: No. 13

6-5, 180

GH: Solid prospect that doesn’t jump out as doing anything exceptional other than being a very solid big WR. Will have to get in position and win a lot of 50-50 balls to maximize his ability unless he makes gains in quickness and speed. Max effort player after the catch. Shows toughness.

EN: I’d love to see some speed times on Thomas. I think the long strider might surprise. He’s an easy mover at that length.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13869284/Noah-Thomas

59 Austin Jordan, CB/DB, Denton Ryan

Position ranking: No. 7 CB

5-11, 185

GH: Jordan is another versatile DB prospect in the class with good size and speed combo. Has DB versatility, which makes him attractive five as a prospect if he doesn’t stay at corner long term. Like the majority of Denton Ryan defenders, he plays with toughness.

EN: Originally on the radar as a corner but he looks like a good safety prospect to me. I’m not seeing the pure coverage ability you need for the island.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11398605/Austin-Jordan

60 Ish Harris, ATH/OLB, Pilot Point

Position ranking: No. 3 ATH

6-3, 190

GH: Plays running back mostly at Pilot Point. Long limbed athlete with adequate long speed, but has the quickness and flexibility college coaches covet. Some colleges project Harris as an LB at the next level.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11676792/Ish-Harris

61 Dylahn McKinney, CB, Colleyville Heritage

Position ranking: No. 8 CB

6-1, 175

GH: So much to like about McKinney. The step-brother of Texas DB Anthony Cook has very long arms, a CB frame, quick feet, reactive quickness, will finish plays on the ball and can be a special teams wiz blocking kicks. He appears to lack only elite recovery speed.

EN: Really good coverage traits — feet, balance, arm length. He’s aggressive with his hands at the catch point.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3759173/Dylahn-McKinney

62 Jadarian Price, RB, Denison

Position ranking: No. 4 RB

5-11, 185

GH: Price tests well and runs hard. He may not do anything as a RB prospect on an elite level, but he’s a solid all-around back with intelligence.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10918226/Jadarian-Price

63 Jadon Scarlett, DT, Coram Deo Academy

Position ranking: No. 5 DT

6-2.5, 265

GH: A fast twitch DT that can win with initial quickness. Tough to keep blocked at the high school level due to his reactive quickness. Where his twitch really shows up is when he gets off a block and closes on the QB or ball carrier. More of a disruptor than run stuffer.

EN: Scarlett’s ability off the ball is very good and he shows the ability to breakdown and re-gather in space to make the play.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13069303/Jadon-Scarlett

64 Hunter Erb, OG, Eaton

Position ranking: No. 4 OG

6-6, 305

EN: If he can keep his pad level down he has the potential to be a really good guard. He’s actually not all that far from remaining at tackle because of surprising comfort in his kick-step, but his overall body quickness is better suited for guard.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11317713/Hunter-Erb

65 Zach Evans, RB, Rockwall-Heath

Position ranking: No. 5 RB

5-10, 190

GH: Evans has all the RB instincts college coaches look for. He has patience and very good feet in the hole. He will drop a jump cut and skip cut on the defense, and has subtle moves with quick feet in space. Returning to top form from a partial ACL tear in the playoffs will move Evans up the list next season.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11295452/Zach-Evans

66 Owen Pewee, OLB, Cy-Park

Position ranking: No. 7 LB

6-3, 190

GH: Long limbed, rangy and physical with wide receiver feet places Pewee in the top 75. The offers don’t line up to the talent yet, but they will in time. Pewee’s best football is way out in front of him. Playing opposite Harold Perkins at Cy-Park is going to get a lot more eyes on him, and his performance on the field

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10318838/Owen-Pewee

67 Johnny Dickson, OG, Flour Bluff

Position ranking: No. 5 OG

6-3, 295

GH: When he wants to move people in the run game, he certainly can. There is a lot to like about the Corpus Christi-area prospect as a guard, including his knee bend and overall flexibility to win leverage battles and create initial pop on contact.

EN: There’s some nimbleness to him when on the move but he should excel as an interior drive blocker.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12683724/Johnny-Dickson

68 Kelsey Johnson, TE, Red Oak

Position ranking: No. 3 TE

6-3, 220

GH: A very impressive all-around tight end prospect. Is more than a willing blocker with versatility. Needs to add strength/weight, but his willingness to play physical will translate. Solid mitts and will play in traffic in their passing game.

EN: His strength is as a receiver where he catches the ball effortlessly away from his body and does well after the catch, but he’s more than willing to mix it up as a blocker. He can become a really valuable player in the right scheme.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11464686/Kelsey-Johnson

69 Jordan Crook, LB, Duncanville

Position ranking: No. 8 LB

6-0, 220

GH: Solid all-around linebacker prospect that has the motor college coaches covet. Will bring some pop on contact with a very strong lower body. Better player than athletic tester.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11690979/Jordan-Crook

70 Phaizon Wilson, WR, South Oak Cliff

Position ranking: No. 13 WR

6-3, 215

GH: Wilson is a better prospect than No. 70 in the state on physical talent and upside ability. Now it’s time for him to go begin maximizing his potential.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12762805/Phaizon-Wilson

71 Terrence Carter, TE/ATH, Harker Heights

Position ranking: No. 4 TE

6-4, 240

GH: Caught the attention of IT on junior video with a combination of size, frame, ball skills and physicality. Could be a TE but could also grow into and project as a plus athlete type DT long term if he’s willing to develop as a trench player.

EN: The baseline traits are that of a player who isn’t out of place on any roster in the country but you’d like to see him doing more than playing wide receiver. He could be a sensational defensive end.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11663001/Terrance-Carter

72 Curlee Thomas IV, DE, Nolan Catholic

Position ranking: No. 6 DE

6-4, 230

EN: Quality defensive end prospect who will be quick enough to get after the quarterback but also big and strong enough to play the run on the strong side. Seems to play with good awareness. Once he learns to use his hands consistently, he’s going to be a good one.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14863073/Curlee-Thomas

73 Emeka Megwa, ATH/ILB, Timber Creek

Position ranking: No. 4 ATH

6-0, 220

GH: Megwa is tough to project. As a RB or ATH, he doesn’t project as well as some others in the state. If he decided he wanted to play linebacker only, his projection is higher.

EN: I think he can stay at running back if his heart is set on it, but I still view his ceiling at linebacker.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11370716/Emeka-Megwa

74 C.J. Nelson, WR, Richland (TCU)

Position ranking: No. 15 WR

6-0, 175

EN: Every year TCU is early on an electric athlete and this year it’s Nelson. We’ll see if they can hold on to the player who might become 2022’s J.J. Henry.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11461080/CJ-Nelson

75 Kyron Chambers, CB/N, South Oak Cliff

Position ranking: No. 9 CB

5-11, 180

GH: The South Oak Cliff staff is very high on Chambers, and IT can understand why. Strong frame for a CB with the feet, reactions and eyes to excel.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12772471/Kyron-Chambers

• Hook 'Em 6

40 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

In our 2010 spring game DeSean Hales caught a post from Garrett Gilbert where he split the safeties for a td that I was sure was the beginning of the most dynamic qb/wr tandem in the country. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Its actually weird how many prospects I know this cycle. I know Neto (somewhat) we hung out in the same place a lot this past summer. He loved Alabama and cited the OL coach as the reason because he simply produced OL and its Bama. Haven't talked to him since summer, nor did I know he would blow up like he has. His friends are a bunch of degenerates though. Not get him in trouble stupid but a lot of them are white trash. He's a good guy but a little slow. 

tldr: no idea if Neto likes us now but he loved Flood when he was at Bama

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting