Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, crum said:

Its actually weird how many prospects I know this cycle. I know Neto (somewhat) we hung out in the same place a lot this past summer. He loved Alabama and cited the OL coach as the reason because he simply produced OL and its Bama. Haven't talked to him since summer, nor did I know he would blow up like he has. His friends are a bunch of degenerates though. Not get him in trouble stupid but a lot of them are white trash. He's a good guy but a little slow. 

tldr: no idea if Neto likes us now but he loved Flood when he was at Bama

Neato

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, crum said:

Its actually weird how many prospects I know this cycle. I know Neto (somewhat) we hung out in the same place a lot this past summer. He loved Alabama and cited the OL coach as the reason because he simply produced OL and its Bama. Haven't talked to him since summer, nor did I know he would blow up like he has. His friends are a bunch of degenerates though. Not get him in trouble stupid but a lot of them are white trash. He's a good guy but a little slow. 

tldr: no idea if Neto likes us now but he loved Flood when he was at Bama

So, like Roach and Stewart. 

spacer.png

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see him behind Stewart, too. 

Hudson was the only surprise to me. Burton missed his entire JR year to the knee injury. His dad is a coach and he's been training with speed/agility and WR trainers for a long time. He has a really small/slight frame.  I'm not saying he's not good or worthy a really high ranking, he most definitely is - but I think there's some valid concerns. 

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I am fully prepared to take shit for this, but I would have Ty Kana ahead of Medlock. 

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Honestly I think Trevell Johnson is in that same group, maybe Treylin Payne as well. Not sure there's a huge variance between those guys. Martrell Harris is the wildcard in that ILB group and stands to gain the most during his SR year.  Wouldn't be surprised if they don't give a long look to Taariq Al-Uqdah. Washington was on him early and clearly did a good job on the eval. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm glad to see the notion that Perkins is pushing things back and looking to get educated better on his choices before committing to ATM. I view that as a win for the new staff. 

Regarding Julian Humphrey, I played against his dad when he was at Ball, back when Galveston was so loaded with talent that they eventually had more players in the NFL than any other high school. That is usually an honor carried by one of the Miami schools. The guy was a complete fucking badass. It was like watching a fucking racehorse when he got into the open field with the ball in his hands. God. Galveston Ball was such a brutal fucking place to play a football game. I was on their field getting pummeled 34-0 and 51-3 my sophomore and junior years for their Homecoming games. Also, Bobby Humphrey from Bama and the Denver Broncos is a close relative. 

Regarding Megwa, I guess they politely included him in there. I'll be cheering for the guy whenever he gets to commit to a school excited to take him.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I live on the island now. Galveston Balls fortunes on the field went down after Hurricane Ike hit and have never recovered. Alot of the families moved to LaMarque, Texas City and such and never returned after the hurricane.

I played football at Clear Lake in the late 70's. We were not very good with mostly physically limited NASA engineer type kid's . But, we kicked ass at regional science fairs and debate tournaments. I'm not sure why ,but our track team did very well in the region. I remember we were glad we sucked in football because we didn't have to face Galveston Ball in regionals. Those were some bad dudes.  

That dude will go to Iowa or Wisconsin and spend 12 years in the nfl before opening a chain on car dealerships in Eau Claire

Yeah. Offering large corn fed white boys with Scandinavian last names from the upper Midwest has a similar track record to offering DL with French last names from Louisiana.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting