Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

18 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

for those without instagram, this is the Harold Perkins story on twitter:

Four seasons. I don’t see how any recruit could be put up there and see Austin and then really be interested in living in Norman or College Station.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wiz wit is correct, anyone who orders provolone is a self-hating fancyboy.

It could be worse; such as when John Kerry ordered his with Swiss cheese... and made national headlines in a bad way.

"

Then-Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry was stumping in Pennsylvania in August 2004 when he stopped by Pat's King of Steaks in Philadelphia to enjoy one of the city's iconic cheesesteaks. But Kerry quickly stepped in it when he asked for his sandwich with Swiss cheese instead of cheese-whiz.

"Gasp!" wrote Philadelphia Inquirer restaurant critic Craig LaBan. " Swiss cheese, as any local knows, is not an option. The Massachusetts Democrat may as well have asked for cave-aged Appenzeller. But even when Kerry was given a proper cheesesteak hoagie, he made matters worse by delicately nibbling at it as if it were tea toast. Not a cool move for the Boston Brahmin trying to prove he can hang with youse guys down at Ninth and Wharton."

The incident went viral, and it was generally regarded as a missed opportunity for Kerry, one of the Senate's wealthiest members, to connect with ordinary voters. " Even the bluest blood can suddenly become more human to the masses if he emerges from this two-fisted trial of appetite with a swagger and some juice on his loafers," explained LaBan. "If not, well..."

Compounding Kerry's faux pas, a stream of customers seized the opportunity to crack Swiss cheese jokes to the unfortunate staff at Pat's for several days after the incident. "This isn't funny anymore," one employee warned, according to the Inquirer. "Somebody's gonna get hit."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

Yep.

Reminds me of the instructions at Seinfeld's Soup Nazi.

Never appreciated the self-importance of those dudes. Preferred Geno's. Boys a Lee's would put real cheddar, fried onions, and jalapenos on mine bc I was a Tuesday regular.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Wiz wit is correct, anyone who orders provolone is a self-hating fancyboy.

I resemble that remark.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Four seasons. I don’t see how any recruit could be put up there and see Austin and then really be interested in living in Norman or College Station.

UT use 4 seasons

OU's got motel 6

It's math, dude GAME OVER

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I resemble that remark.

Fucking Norman morphs your taste into Jersey trash. Who would have known. When you’re comparing Golden Corral/Red Robin/Fudrucker’s, the Geno’s experience of neon and merch must represent some sort of irresistible forbidden fruit. The steak is garbage. Your opinion is wrong.
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Fucking Norman morphs your taste into Jersey trash. Who would have known. When you’re comparing Golden Corral/Red Robin/Fudrucker’s, the Geno’s experience of neon and merch must represent some sort of irresistible forbidden fruit. The steak is garbage. Your opinion is wrong.

Thanks for the tip!

IDK which damn mixer you go to, but I assure you, the ones I go to do not have barrels of wine.  The barrels and bright gaudy sign is all Nashville.  Those look like whiskey barrels.

Ok, have seen a couple of wineries that use barrels as tables, but usually with some sort of accutrement on top.

You don’t think wineries have barrels around? They making wine in the toilet or somethin?
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Does he get an offer? Or is he the second choice after Robert Gunn III (RGIII)? Recall that Sideshow Bert Auburn ('21) should be on campus to back up Cameron Dicker. 

Sounded like he got a pretty nasty injury. With a kicker, we can afford to wait and see if he gets back to 100%.

Nothing to add but I heard today that if the new proposed 12 team playoff were instated the last 10 years, Texas would still not make it in even one time. I have faith in Sark to turn this shit around post haste. All gas no brakes bitches

spacer.png

11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

IDK which damn mixer you go to, but I assure you, the ones I go to do not have barrels of wine.  The barrels and bright gaudy sign is all Nashville.  Those look like whiskey barrels.

Ok, have seen a couple of wineries that use barrels as tables, but usually with some sort of accutrement on top.

you’re a moron. 

3 hours ago, utexas8 said:

My brothers fraternity is having a party and he texted me saying there are a lot of recruits there. I asked if arch was there he said no. He said they got a defensive tackle to commit. I asked who, he said idk.

That’ll be 9.95.

rashan gary?

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

His OV is next weekend.  Looking at the visit list we don't have any DT's visiting this weekend, unless it's a 23' guy.

Based on the frat bro bro's response, you probably should look at anyone on the DL or even LBs

Edited by KYHorn

5 hours ago, utexas8 said:

My brothers fraternity is having a party and he texted me saying there are a lot of recruits there. I asked if arch was there he said no. He said they got a defensive tackle to commit. I asked who, he said idk.

That’ll be 9.95.

Your brother is Mike Roach and the player is Moro Ojomo

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Nahlin on Anthony Jones

Spoiler

Anthony Jones from La Vegas (Liberty) is more open to playing OLB than we recently heard.

This makes sense given he was committed to Washington and Pete Kwiatkowski is recruiting him.

Jeff Banks is also recruiting him but that might be just to be safe.

Jones has been to Miami and they’re recruiting him for TE.

At this time we like where Texas is in the recruitment. If he plays defense, UT will be tough to beat.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting