Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Prepuce of Doom

Fuck DirecTV in the goatass.

47 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Needing to do something about my DIRECTV bill. Paying quite a bit more than advertised $69.99/month pricing for Xtra package. Anybody have any recent luck getting pricing reduced by substantial amount? I keep telling myself to consider cutting the cord and going all streaming but haven't gotten there yet.

What the fuck are you waiting for?  Just get a Roku and use the free trial periods on about every streaming service till you find one you like better than Directv.  I promise you it won't take long.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:33 PM, C-Man said:

Needing to do something about my DIRECTV bill. Paying quite a bit more than advertised $69.99/month pricing for Xtra package. Anybody have any recent luck getting pricing reduced by substantial amount? I keep telling myself to consider cutting the cord and going all streaming but haven't gotten there yet.

Finally canceled DirectTV today after contemplating it for a couple years. Customer service rep congratulated me on being with them 7 years and of course tried to get me to stay. I was a couple whiskeys in so it was easy to cut him off and do the deed. Took about 5 minutes.

Monthly bill was around $206.

Thinking about streaming YouTube TV, already watch a lot of Prime and Netflix.

Damn I feel free!

5 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Finally canceled DirectTV today after contemplating it for a couple years. Customer service rep congratulated me on being with them 7 years and of course tried to get me to stay. I was a couple whiskeys in so it was easy to cut him off and do the deed. Took about 5 minutes.

Monthly bill was around $206.

Thinking about streaming YouTube TV, already watch a lot of Prime and Netflix.

Damn I feel free!

That is right around where our bill was last year when I finally jumped ship. 

YoutubeTV, Hulu, HBO Go and Disney (for the kids) we already had Netflix and Prime. 

Still use my parents DirecTV log in for MTV reality shows but saving over $100 a month and don't miss dealing with DirecTV at all. 

Count me in bitches, I told 'em to fuck off this week myself.  We all manage to get by without 'em in Beaumont and Zapata so we'll mange in Freeport too.  

I'm forced to stick with them for now. My internet is shit and satellite net is expensive. I'd wind up paying the same or more. Maybe someday Centurylink will run fiber optic out here, but I'll be dead long before that happens.

It’s what, about 16 months since I told em to f off? 

YouTubeTV’s DVR is the bomb, it doesn’t make you watch commercials if you watch within a reasonable time, or it defaults to the respective network’s video on demand service, but shit, just about everything current is available. I also have the Christmas special basic Hulu for $2 a month because why not.

I use mom’s cable account to access LHN. And with an assortment of Roku’ and Fire devices spread around the house, we have it all in every room, not a separate receiver taking up space. So much better than that shitshow Genie and “clients” that never worked.

10 hours ago, RPM said:

I'm forced to stick with them for now. My internet is shit and satellite net is expensive. I'd wind up paying the same or more. Maybe someday Centurylink will run fiber optic out here, but I'll be dead long before that happens.

Similar situation. Plus, I'm just tired of chasing the next big thing in home viewing just get bait-and-switched for mediocre at best viewing. Even if I had great internet, I'm not gonna get sucked into the streaming bullshit rabbit-hole of having to subscribe to fifty different things to get the four regular programs i would actually watch.

The best part about YouTubeTV is that right now I have it off with sports in hiatus and my DVR will be exactly how it is when I turn it back on in August or whenver sports come back. 

So what are the option for LHN?  I'm done with DirectTV.  My bill jumped from $100 to $170.  I called to get it lowered two weeks ago.  First, they try to talk you out of whatever plan package you currently have.  The lady asked me which channels I watch.  I was all, "Like 100 of them.  I don't have time to name each one."  So then she tried to talk me into lowering my bill by getting rid of the sports channels that I have because, "Did you know that there aren't any sports going on right now?"  Effing seriously?  First there are some sports going on and, second, what's the point of lowering my bill for 4 weeks until sports return?  

Anyway, I've got Prime, Netflix, and Disney Plus (SIL).  Looking into YouTube.  Everything syncs up except for LHN.  

Got a letter today saying I get the full Sunday Ticket package free. That would be nice if the NFL plays football.

Bill was $190. I called to cut the cord and told them I was laid off. They offered me $100 off for 6 months. If you want a short term discount it’s worth a shot.

I cut the cord anyway however.

Well they finally killed off Audience Network (formerly The 101). I used to watch it quite a bit for Dan Patrick, Mad Men and a lot of concerts.

We were getting an employee discount even though my wife hasn’t worked for AT&T for four years. I guess the Bob’s finally figured this out, and bill went up to over $250 today. Canceled service right when we realized. 

What is the best streaming service when football starts back up?  

16 minutes ago, YoungCounty said:

We were getting an employee discount even though my wife hasn’t worked for AT&T for four years. I guess the Bob’s finally figured this out, and bill went up to over $250 today. Canceled service right when we realized. 

What is the best streaming service when football starts back up?  

Your local cable company.