cabowabo

The Watch Fanatic Thread

I added my first full Swiss (a lot of my Germans have Swiss movements, both ETA & Sellita) to my brigade of German watches.  It's the Oyster Perpetual 39 in Rhodium.  Really understated watch that doesn't scream "look at me" like so many Rolex do.

Op-39.jpg

group-32020.jpg

On 11/14/2019 at 12:46 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well the trend has been bigger, so there's that.  But, yeah there are stoopid big watches out there that just look cartoonish.  My go to size is 43-44, but I have a 48 mm Nav B Uhr reproduction of a 1941 Luftwaffe pilots watch, that doesn't read stupid huge at all IMO of course.

Here is my Laco bronze 45mm Nav B Uhr sitting on a print I found & framed of the original spec's (originals were 55mm).  I've got 8" wrists so it sits well on me.

Laco-bronze-eng.jpg

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Whitman said:

Here is my Laco bronze 45mm Nav B Uhr sitting on a print I found & framed of the original spec's (originals were 55mm).  I've got 8" wrists so it sits well on me.

Laco-bronze-eng.jpg

Wearing my Nav B Uhr today. One of my favorites. 7.5" wrists (fapping has paid off over the years).

IMG_7920.JPG

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Holy shit Whitman is alive.

Some days more than others, but life is still pretty damn good even with a son at VaTech, a basketball team with no guards, and a football team with no quarterback.

On 3/3/2020 at 6:31 AM, Whitman said:

I added my first full Swiss (a lot of my Germans have Swiss movements, both ETA & Sellita) to my brigade of German watches.  It's the Oyster Perpetual 39 in Rhodium.  Really understated watch that doesn't scream "look at me" like so many Rolex do.

Op-39.jpg

This is absolutely stunning. Well fucking done.

Just curious - am I the only one who has gained a newfound appreciation for each of my second hands while washing my hand hands these past few weeks?