Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

@JerryHubbard looks like aggy thinks Foster is in the bag looking at the comments.  Aggy tears to come??

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Texas-AM-Aggies-football-recruiting-2021-OL-Bryce-Foster-wants-to-return-to-AM-soon-and-connect-with-Josh-Henson-130260097/

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@JerryHubbard looks like aggy thinks Foster is in the bag looking at the comments.  Aggy tears to come??

According to mom (who is an Ag), Bryce has been locked in to UT since he went to Mack Brown camp several years ago. It’s recruiting, so standard disclaimers apply, but he loves coach Hand and talks to him regularly.

His brother walked on at A&M, but is not pushing him that way either. Mom is also good with UT as his choice.

The kid is a man-child with great feet from his shot/discus training. 

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

I know the kid.  He was college ready at age 12 and I'm not exaggerating.  Freakish.  He's a straight up beast now.

Sounds like you need to step in as the “uncle” who’s knowledgeable about the recruiting process and help out the young man in this crucial step of his life. Purely out of concern for the kid, of course.

Bonus points if you bang his mom.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, it will. That being said, there's no way at all the strategy you're describing could ever backfire, right? 

Herman gonna Herman, just have to hope that it works out the vast majority of the time, and when it doesn't, that he'll cover with contingencies 

3 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

I am very confident he's going to offer at the Spring game and Pops knows. At least that's what i hope happens

I'm very confident Kate Beckinsale and friends are going to fuck me till I go blind, and my wife isn't even going to care. At least that is what I hope happens.

Yeah, no, I don't think that is how those two works work together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joeycovers said:

I am very confident he's going to offer at the Spring game and Pops knows. At least that's what i hope happens

I think you're probably right. I realize Herman comes across as pretty autistic sometimes, but I just refuse to believe he is so short-sighted that he is going to let the Brockermeyers get away because he's seemingly ignoring what's going on in their recruitment. Surely he and Blake are on the same page with this.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 9:24 AM, Fud said:

I think Herman wants to do it on his own terms and not give the appearance of being pressured by other offers. It'll come eventually. 

I agree.  I think he probably told blake that james will be offered.  as a prospect he is a kid whose development the staff would monitor as he gets older but right now he’s not someone herman would offer this early, and doing so would imply it was based on getting his larger brother.  so he tells all this to blake and says that james needs to keep working his tail off to get better, and the silver lining is that more schools will think the twins are available and james will get showered with offers and be able to enjoy the recruitment process.  and then of course, in the end, they will both commit to UT.

this is all based on nothing other than my own speculation.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Is blackshire supposed to be a LB?  Because he looks like a college ready DE as a 16/17 year old.  

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

He'll be a DL, like Sav'ell Smalls will be a DL

Yeah. Blackshire is already 250+ in his sophomore year. He's a DL all the way, which is freaky because he moves very well at this size. He's an absolute freak.  Just look at him in that picture. Ja'Quendin is usually the one dwarfing other prospects, but here, Blackshire makes him look tiny.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah. Blackshire is already 250+ in his sophomore year. He's a DL all the way, which is freaky because he moves very well at this size. He's an absolute freak.  Just look at him in that picture. Ja'Quendin is usually the one dwarfing other prospects, but here, Blackshire makes him look tiny.

Early, but could you imagine a haul of Blackshire. L. Jackson, J. Sanders, Adeleye, and Jordan Thomas?  That'd be Bama'/Clemson like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Early, but could you imagine a haul of Blackshire. L. Jackson, J. Sanders, Adeleye, and Jordan Thomas?  That'd be Bama'/Clemson like.

We're looking extremely good on the lines for 2021.  With the results on the field I expect to see the next couple years, we'll be pulling in Bama/Clemson like classes for the foreseeable future. Starting in 2020, we're already going to have one of the 5 most talented rosters in the country, and that's not going to change for a long time. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Walker no

DJack is wearing an Ohio State pullover?

Damn.  Episcopal's headmaster must have really lightened up in the past few years.  I heard back in 2017 that you could only wear college t-shirts instead of the uniform if it was finals week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

DJack is wearing an Ohio State pullover?

Damn.  Episcopal's headmaster must have really lightened up in the past few years.  I heard back in 2017 that you could only wear college t-shirts instead of the uniform if it was finals week. 

Nothing like a good laughcry at the end of a long day.

I hear Walker was back at Episcopal filming his still committed video, a sequel to his wildly popular commitment ceremony video.  It’s a feature length film that chronicles his earliest projects in art school and explores the intricacies of his familial relationships and how that is reflected in his workout routines preparing for football.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Richter said:

I hear Walker was back at Episcopal filming his still committed video, a sequel to his wildly popular commitment ceremony video.  It’s a feature length film that chronicles his earliest projects in art school and explores the intricacies of his familial relationships and how that is reflected in his workout routines preparing for football.

Blocking off 10 hours on Sunday to watch it. 

On 3/26/2019 at 5:59 AM, texifornia said:

From IT

DL Maason Smith, Terrebonne HS (Houma, LA) (2021) - The 6-foot-4, 300-pound interior monster is really something to watch. With offers from Alabama, LSU, Florida, and OU among the group, he's not a secret in the tiny oilfield town. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas offered this weekend.