Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

IT on Charbonnet

Spoiler

Michigan transfer RB Zach Charbonnet is said to be down to two schools - Washington and UCLA. USC was in his Top 3, but after adding Keaontay Ingram, that spot is gone. If Texas wants to push, the time is now. We’re told Charbonnet's family are looking for a program where he's "the man.”

• Like 1

IT on Charbonnet
Spoiler

Michigan transfer RB Zach Charbonnet is said to be down to two schools - Washington and UCLA. USC was in his Top 3, but after adding Keaontay Ingram, that spot is gone. If Texas wants to push, the time is now. We’re told Charbonnet's family are looking for a program where he's "the man.”

This makes a lot of sense:

If Texas wants to push, the time is now. We’re told Charbonnet's family are looking for a program where he's "the man.”

He’s going to be the man here? lol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT on Charbonnet

Reveal hidden contents

Then he better go to Eastern Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT on Charbonnet

Hide contents

"We’re told Charbonnet's family are looking for a program where he's "the man.”

Ok Zach, head to the PAC 12 then...

giphy.gif

Trust the PK Fire. He actually knows this kid. He'd fit in good in a 3 man front if he spins down. Could also play linebacker like Cory Redding. Oscar Giles would lock this recruitment down if he was still here. Stars don't matter. Colt and Cosmi were 3 stars. Looks like a coach-on-the-field in the making.
You just know this kid is a baller.

37 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:
11 hours ago, Bevo14 said:
Trust the PK Fire. He actually knows this kid. He'd fit in good in a 3 man front if he spins down. Could also play linebacker like Cory Redding. Oscar Giles would lock this recruitment down if he was still here. Stars don't matter. Colt and Cosmi were 3 stars. Looks like a coach-on-the-field in the making.

You just know this kid is a baller.

But is he a shot caller?

22 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I’ve never been a coach but I did play in HS. From that experience I would say all of the recent info in this thread really sucks. 

23 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Couple updates from Hamilton (IT):

Uke will sign this week, he's down to three schools, Texas is one of them

Ibraheem is signing on Wednesday but apparently it's up to Del Conte/Hartzell on whether to take him

They better take Ibraheem in this class, with the right coaching, this kid can be a shutdown corner in two years.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

They better take Ibraheem in this class, with the right coaching, this kid can be a shutdown corner in two years.

I don’t get why it’s even a question. Let him sign and if it comes out he had more involvement than we think, don’t let him come. Pretty simple. There’s only upside for us in letting him sign.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

I don’t get why it’s even a question. Let him sign and if it comes out he had more involvement than we think, don’t let him come. Pretty simple. There’s only upside for us in letting him sign.

There’s downside in using a class counter on him if he potentially has to get kicked off the team for this 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Surly the admin folks have a pretty good idea what happened at this point.

I can’t comment on that, just pointing out that the common meme of “taking this transfer is found money” and “there’s no downside to taking this prospect” are innacurate 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

I can’t comment on that, just pointing out that the common meme of “taking this transfer is found money” and “there’s no downside to taking this prospect” are innacurate 

As the only sure corner in the class, I think the risk is worth it in this case. I think Johnson might end up at NB 

1 minute ago, LebongJames said:

Ibraheem was arrested for carjacking? Did he have a weapon? 

I believe the story we are going with at this point is that his friends stole/carjacked a car and he took a ride with them after the fact.  During said ride they were pulled over and errybody was arrested.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Fud said:

There’s downside in using a class counter on him if he potentially has to get kicked off the team for this 

How long would he count against it? Would it be a 1 year thing or 4? If it is 1 I still say go for it with the smaller class.

30 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I believe the story we are going with at this point is that his friends stole/carjacked a car and he took a ride with them after the fact.  During said ride they were pulled over and errybody was arrested.

Let me start by saying I know absolutely nothing about his case, but...

I rode in a stolen car once and had no clue until after when I got out and my “friends” asked if I wanted the tennis racket in the back seat. Found out later that they had some universal key for Nissans and would joyride them and ditch them. Never stole them was what they told themselves.

Water is wet, women have secrets and high schoolers do dumb shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

“How was my client to know the car was allegedly involved in a crime?

It’s egregious, preposterous, foolishly absurd and utterly ridiculous that he would know!”

Lawyer GIF by memecandy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

I rode in a stolen car once and had no clue until after when I got out and my “friends” asked if I wanted the tennis racket in the back seat. Found out later that they had some universal key for Nissans and would joyride them and ditch them. Never stole them was what they told themselves.

The Office Reaction GIF

6 minutes ago, jinx said:

Did it take months to figure out?  

because that’s where we are with the ibraheem situation if they still don’t know if they will take him. 

10 minutes ago, jinx said:

I know nothing about this case either, but I rode in a stolen car once as well. Knifed a dude to get it. Threatened his girlfriend. Grabbed some donuts and then drove it into a ditch.