PilotsError

Dumb Question Amnesty Thread

Here’s a question that was first asked by the great philosopher, Beavis. I’ve never been able to figure it out.

Why do they call it “taking a dump” and not “leaving a dump”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, EP_Texican said:

Here’s a question that was first asked by the great philosopher, Beavis. I’ve never been able to figure it out.

Why do they call it “taking a dump” and not “leaving a dump”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Carlin beat Beavis to that one.

I know that when women of reproductive years get around each other for prolonged periods of time, mainly in the same dwelling or workplace...that their menstrual cycles can (and usually do) synch up after a few/several months.  We see it with women we are related to, in our own homes, etc.  

But my question, to which woman do the rest of the cycles look for synchronicity?  Is it the woman who has had periods the longest?  That's not necessarily the oldest woman.  Is it the woman who has most recently began her monthly period?  Is it the woman who nature knows is closest to the end of her child-rearing years?  Is it the woman who is most sexually active?  or the least sexually active?  Is the woman who is sort of the "leader"?  Say you have four women from ages 25-45 living together, some sort of blended family situation or what have you.  One may not be the oldest, but she's just a leader-type in all walks of life.  Do the cycles rally around her?  

I'm serious, we all see this happen.  But they don't all just suddenly rally around the 17th of the month, they sort of rotate around and around each other, but one force is more centrifugal than the others, and they kinda are drawn to that one.  But which?  

22 hours ago, Lobo said:

I know that when women of reproductive years get around each other for prolonged periods of time, mainly in the same dwelling or workplace...that their menstrual cycles can (and usually do) synch up after a few/several months.  We see it with women we are related to, in our own homes, etc.  

But my question, to which woman do the rest of the cycles look for synchronicity?  Is it the woman who has had periods the longest?  That's not necessarily the oldest woman.  Is it the woman who has most recently began her monthly period?  Is it the woman who nature knows is closest to the end of her child-rearing years?  Is it the woman who is most sexually active?  or the least sexually active?  Is the woman who is sort of the "leader"?  Say you have four women from ages 25-45 living together, some sort of blended family situation or what have you.  One may not be the oldest, but she's just a leader-type in all walks of life.  Do the cycles rally around her?  

I'm serious, we all see this happen.  But they don't all just suddenly rally around the 17th of the month, they sort of rotate around and around each other, but one force is more centrifugal than the others, and they kinda are drawn to that one.  But which?  

I've always assumed that this was the result of a sort of "hormone thunderdome" where the Highlander Uterus eventually strongarms the weaklings into compliance. 

Is there a site you can go to, not pinterest or buying a book, that has LEGO builders give step-by-step instructions on how to build big stuff from a LEGO Classic Set?  Daughter got one for Christmas and we've built the little stuff that the "IDEA" Booklet inside gave us.  It's 1500 pieces (humblebrag, ha!), and I "free-built" a little doggy day care center for her and her plastic doggies.  But I want to do something big and bold.  I'm pretty good with this stuff, but there are so many brilliant people out there with Legos and thought a step-by-step directions guide would help her (as well as me).  Any "rogue" lego sites where you just give them what pieces you have to work with and they can give you all kinds of cool and big stuff to build?  Surely, that exists off the darkweb.