"it's time for hunters to leave the NRA"

Gil Bang

5 hours ago, Your Mom said:

What a fucking stupid argument.  Do you teach a 3 year old about respecting the cars in the street by having them drive one?  

You've never let a kid sit in your lap and hold the steering wheel while you drive through a neighborhood or pasture? Nobody is just handing a three year old a rifle and telling them to have fun and be safe.

42 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oof.  When I was a kid, Marlin and other .22 manufacturers advertised in Boy's Life (the scout magazine), but not in such a flippant way.  And Scouting was all about responsible gun ownership back then, as was the NRA.

There weren't any Punisher logos or hello kitty skulls in those ads.

Yeah, the advertisement is definitely done in poor taste. Sounds like it's a pretty cheaply made gun compared to some of the classic contemporaries, so I guess they have to try to appeal to those of lesser intelligence. 

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

When I was 10 or 11 my grandfather would let me roam the farm in Robstown with a .22 lever action rifle and a little box of cartridges.  The best thing to shoot was empty aerosol cans since they would pop and jump into the air.

Amazingly, nothing went wrong.  

H0011-L203889828_original.jpg

My kids started supervised shooting (BB and .22lr) at 7-7-6 respectively.  Oldest moved to centerfire hunting at 10.   I grew on the same path as you, age wise.   I'm pretty sure mine won't get unsupervised shooting until 14 or so, or they join the 4-H team.   The marketing on the JR-15 or whatever it's called is dumb af.  There's been a video of it from the SHOT show posted on here before.  IIRC, the safety was pretty well done. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aidos, motherfucker

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/05/nyregion/wayne-lapierre-resigns-nra.html

On the eve of a legal battle in New York, Wayne LaPierre told board members on Friday that he would step down as the longtime chief of the National Rifle Association.

Mr. LaPierre, 74, has led the organization for more than three decades. But his resignation came as he faced his gravest challenge yet, a corruption trial in Manhattan amid a legal showdown with New York’s attorney general, Letitia James. Jury selection has already begun and opening arguments were scheduled for early next week.

The announcement, which is effective on Jan. 31, is not part of a deal with the attorney general’s office. Andrew Arulanandam, Mr. LaPierre’s longtime spokesman, will become the interim chief executive. The development was first reported by The Wall Street Journal.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

On the eve of a legal battle in New York, Wayne LaPierre told board members on Friday that he would step down as the longtime chief of the National Rifle Association.

Mr. LaPierre, 74, has led the organization for more than three decades. But his resignation came as he faced his gravest challenge yet, a corruption trial in Manhattan amid a legal showdown with New York’s attorney general, Letitia James. Jury selection has already begun and opening arguments were scheduled for early next week.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2024 at 2:36 PM, YGIFS said:

We could start a legal defense fund for Wayne with just the stupids on this website alone, and walk off with a million dollars before anyone knew anything about it.  

“AOC is introducing legislation to criminally convict the family members of gun owners. A lot of evidence says Nancy Pelosi is behind this.  Look at your little angel of a grandchild. Now imagine her behind bars. Would you please help us support the persecuted NRA and prevent the woke liberals from winning…did I mention most of the jail guards are Negroes?”

< ‘in the arms of the angels’ plays in the background>

• Rage+1 1