Texas Opens -20 Vs. Tulsa

Wally Pryor

Just like SJSt last year we’ll run the ball heavily in this game. Beat them by a bunch of points. There was no major upsets so maybe two weeks (Tulsa won’t change anything) of national media shitting on them will bring them back to Earth and light a fire under thier sorry asses. I’m not holding my breath though

Edited by A’Dam Psycho

3 hours ago, former alkie said:

It would take an outright dumbass to lay a dime on this comatose team.

I’d suggest giving your piss-away money to the homeless, and score points with the Jesus, instead of pissing it away on these dills.

How many points is Jesus laying?

• Haha 1

Tulsa ran for about 300 yards on Central Ark but lost 3 fumbles.  So I think UT gets a bunch of turnovers. They threw for about 200 for total yardage of 500. 

Cent Ark was 0-10 on 3rd down , only had about 250 total yards (half of Tulsa) , had 2 turnovers and still only lost 38-27.

Key was 3 TOs and about 100 yards in penalties by Tulsa. This means Tulsa is sloppy JUST LIKE TEXAS!   

the slop is worth 14pts in Texas favor. 

16 hours ago, former alkie said:

It would take an outright dumbass to lay a dime on this comatose team.

I’d suggest giving your piss-away money to the homeless, and score points with the Jesus, instead of pissing it away on these dills.

LOL

Pos rep but I cannot upvote any more.  

• Fuck You 2

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Exactly.  Herman will want a statement and there's nothing Tulsa can do to stop it.  I expect something like 52 - 14.

If Herman wanted a statement, why didn't he do that on Saturday?  If this team can't come out pissed for a revenge game to a team that embarrassed them last year, they don't give me confidence to think they'll come out pissed for this game.  I expect them to think they'll just show up and destroy Tulsa without putting in the actual effort.  I'm not going to assume we win any game this year from this point forward - the cockiness always gets us in trouble. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Just like SJSt last year we’ll run the ball heavily in this game. Beat them by a bunch of points.

Yes!  And then, we will use a judicious dosage of TH trickery to only run pass plays against USC.  "Watson, sit down son....they'll never see it coming!!!

6 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

So how do we think this will play out qb wise? Think this would be as good time as any to see what we got in the freshman. 

Whatever sounds reasonable, the opposite will happen. So, no, we will see Sam until he gets a concussion. Then will see Buchele and he will run the football instead of pass and also get an injury.

• Like 1

We are what our record says we are. Our record is .500, which is a shitty team. TH has too face the music and turn his shit product around. You cant tell me a decent coach couldnt do more with our kids. This is on the head coach and if he refuses to acknowledge that fact then hes just collecting a paycheck for the next 2 years.

We beat Tulsa, but in front of 75k and it wont make a fuck what the score is. My fear is that he really believes his own bullshit and wont change. Adapt and survive, or die.

While we can certainly come out of this game with a dominating win and no one will feel good about it, it'll beat the hell out of coming of of this game feeling like shit if we turn the ball over, offense sputters, sustain some injuries and win by 12 points.  Kick the shit out of Tulsa and learn some things that'll help out with other teams on the schedule.  Like to see a lot of Ingram, nothing of Porter, some of Rising and Shane.

Edited by Lhorn

Rewatched that abortion through a quarter and a half.  Takeaways:

1.  Several of our upperclassmen just killed us:

--It can't be understated how bad Beck's blocking was in the first half.  He gave us no chance when we went to his side. 

--Another guy who didn't block for shit was Colin Johnson.  Watching him try to block someone is like watching a mime trying to break his way out of a fake glass case.  Thanks for costing us five yards on the first play from scrimmage because of a uniform violation, dumbass.  There hasn't been more wasted potential on the 40 Acres since Taylor Bible.

--Can someone tell me what the hell Davante Davis has ever done other than disappoint?  I'd rather put Cook in over there and get him the experience.  Boyce didn't impress, either.  

--Kris Boyd.  Holy hell.  I can't.  Catch the damn ball.

--Charles Omenihu is a JAG.

--Hager isn't nearly as good as some on this board were stating before the season began.  

2.  The Cowart guy for Maryland had his way with our right tackles.  The kid was a five star out of college, and showed why against both Kerstetter and Cosmi.  

3Third downs on defense were a complete disaster.  We had them in third and 6+ so many times.  Pass interference calls (Davis, Boyd), eyes in the backfield (Boyd), bringing pressure at the absolute wrong time.  Over and over and over, they extended the drive on third and long.  Orlando isn't catching enough heat for how bad our defensive calls were in the first half.  Why the hell are we bringing pressure on a mobile quarterback who has questionable accuracy in third and long?

4.  Maryland held us all day on those jet sweeps.  Not that it matters, but they got away with so much holding.  I actually admire how they were able to do it just slightly enough to not get called, while highly affecting our ability to defend the play. 

5.  Punting.  Holy hell.  

6.  Sam was just awful.  Just terrible.  No accuracy at all, poor decision making.  He was worse than I remembered.  I don't know how much of that to lay on the wide receivers, but hell.  After the rewatch, I'm read to see Shane Rising. Even with the improvements on the offensive line, Shane would have to get out of trouble several times a game.  He'll self-sack out of instinct.  I understand why Tom doesn't want to put Shane in.  We are just screwed at quarterback.  

7.  The positives?  Stearns and Foster.  Keontay Ingram.  McCulloch played decent.  Gary Johnson is still a beast.  Brandon Jones on punt returns.  We didn't have to attempt a field goal.  Chris Nelson played well, and Taquon Graham did some good things.  Jamison is going to be good.  

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Like 2