Ingram should starts

EvilCaseMcCoy

55 minutes ago, ousux said:

Some guys in the recruiting forum were angsting about not landing a higher rated 5* RB in the '18 cycle. I tried telling those fools what I saw with my own eyes at the state championship game in 2016...Ingram pretty much single handedly took over the game when it looked like his team was gonna get blown out in the first half...both running and catching the ball as well.

He's good, and in some ways better than the last 2 true 5* RB's we've had.

Better than Malcolm Brown and J Gray for sure 

2 hours ago, ApocalyseTexas said:

Not that I am an expert or my opinion matters but just rewatched the TCU game and slowed down every carry by Ingram.  What I saw was a guy with not good but elite feet and vision his jump cut is very impressive.  Ingram will be an elite RB at Texas if he stays healthy.

Stopped reading right here. With as many experts as we have on Surly, why would I listen to you? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Better than Malcolm Brown and J Gray for sure 

There is no question. Better than either right out of high school (pre-injury). Perfect example of dumbass ratings. Ingram is our best back since JC and it isn’t really close. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I actually agree he has incredible potential, but the "it's not even close" bit is waaaaay too far given what D'Onta did.

I generally block out the Strong era. And I’m a fucking moron. 

D’Onta was damn good, but he’s lucky he played in the Charlie Strong era.

I could imagine him getting in the Herman doghouse real quick and not sure those 5-8 carries a game would’ve improved his draft stock. 

Edited by EZ$

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Possibly the most gifted player on the team and needs 20+ carries a game. Dude makes guys miss and can turn a no gain into 4 yards. 

I hope the lack of touches means therm is saving him for fair park.  2 out of 3 touches are good for 5 yards.  1 out of 5 touches are good for 10 yards.  He needs 20 touches and he's going to the house at least once.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I do agree with this. He is a bruiser who needs to be running north-south.

Yeah, That was a total neuron misfire (among many) to bring him in and run a play least conducive to his forte. Ingram, however,  should he have a healthy career, has the look of being very special for the next couple of years. He finds yards where most don’t know exist. Looking forward to following his career, especially if we can develop a better than average line to run behind.

It's maddening how badly Herman has managed skill position snaps on offense.  He's gotten better at it, generally speaking the right WRs get the most snaps...but man he still sucks at divvying up RB snaps.  Ingram is much better than all the rest.  He should get every snap if the game is in question unless there is a workload/injury concern.  Tre is solid but he just doesn't run as well as Ingram.  Young, at this point in the season looking at his body of work, should not get snaps unless the game is decided.  Porter should not get any more snaps until Senior day and then only if his parents are there.  NFI if we'll ever see CJ's brother or TC again.

3 hours ago, Hozz said:

It's maddening how badly Herman has managed skill position snaps on offense.  He's gotten better at it, generally speaking the right WRs get the most snaps...but man he still sucks at divvying up RB snaps.  Ingram is much better than all the rest.  He should get every snap if the game is in question unless there is a workload/injury concern.  Tre is solid but he just doesn't run as well as Ingram.  Young, at this point in the season looking at his body of work, should not get snaps unless the game is decided.  Porter should not get any more snaps until Senior day and then only if his parents are there.  NFI if we'll ever see CJ's brother or TC again.

Well, I’m 99% sure Ingram was limited yesterday due to injury. Didn’t want to use him up before OU. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ingram's carries:

Maryland - 6 rushes, 37 yds, 6.2 avg
Tulsa - 10 rushes, 64 yds, 6.4 avg
USC - DNP
TCU - 8 rushes, 38 yds, 4.8 avg
KSU - 10 rushes, 68 yds, 6.8 avg
OU - 13 rushes, 86 yds, 6.6 avg
BU - 19 rushes, 110 yds, 5.8 avg

It's clear the coaches are easing him into being the main guy. The bye week should be big for his recovery and development.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2