Ingram should starts

EvilCaseMcCoy

9 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Ingram looked like he got up a little gimpy close to the end. Texas went empty the next play and then Watson came in. Anyone see what had happened to him?

He got dinged up on the play where Humphrey was in the wildcat formation. It appeared to be a head injury, but I hope I am wrong

He got dinged up on the play where Humphrey was in the wildcat formation. It appeared to be a head injury, but I hope I am wrong

I saw him take the shot to the head and worried about it when he was slow to get up.
In the presser last night they said he tweaked his knee. Was definitely limping. 

I didn’t see the presser.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want some continuity and rhythm in our offense. I'm afraid when he is back we will just split up the PT too much and lose our rhythm. Decide on the top guy and go with him. Decide on the second guy and bring him in occasionally. Bring in the other guy in the second half after the game is won.

same with the receivers. There is no excuse to have a first down at the opponents 40 and not have our best receivers (LJH) in the field. Get some action for the other guys later. Ride your best players.

Edited by po elvis

Man i'm glad to hear this. Even if he only gets 7-10 touches, he can bust one for a TD with that Jamal wiggle and speed. Mix him in with a heavy dose of wheel routes with Watson and Young pounding the rock up middle and short yardage. Of course Beck has to prove he can call a game like SC against a better opponent a week later. 

Ligaments are like ropes. They get frayed and then, if they are put under more stress, they snap. And he's not gonna have the same burst or moves right now he had pre-injury. He will on down the line, but not if he tries to make a sharp cut or takes an awkward hit. 

Rushing him out there for this game runs the potential of killing the goose that lays the golden egg next year. It's just not worth it to trot him out there at 80 percent when you are risking setting him back a whole year. 

Newton Watson and Young have run pretty well. Along with Ehlinger, that's good enough. Or fuck, run LJ out of some Wildcat. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
Confusing my Tre's. Getting old.

58 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

^Old guy here. I never understood the trend towards minimalist knee pads. I know it looks cool and I guess it might make you a hair faster, but it would seem to me the pain and risk of injury would cause one to err on the side of old school. I think every player ought to have something like this:

006274297final.jpg

I actually agree with this, we should be inventing dyneema gel pads or something.  

You know, science and shit   Some kind of pads that are soft and fluid but will harden on impact and perhaps even encase joints to help prevent lateral damage   

The tech is out there, just needs to be implemented in a functional way  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

^Old guy here. I never understood the trend towards minimalist knee pads. I know it looks cool and I guess it might make you a hair faster, but it would seem to me the pain and risk of injury would cause one to err on the side of old school. I think every player ought to have something like this:

006274297final.jpg

I agree. That's the shade of Burnt Orange it should always be and anytime anyone fucks with it, off with their heads.

6 hours ago, Treefidy said:

I actually agree with this, we should be inventing dyneema gel pads or something.  

You know, science and shit   Some kind of pads that are soft and fluid but will harden on impact and perhaps even encase joints to help prevent lateral damage   

The tech is out there, just needs to be implemented in a functional way  

that's it, im going to be a billionaire selling Oobleck sports pads

Not that I am an expert or my opinion matters but just rewatched the TCU game and slowed down every carry by Ingram.  What I saw was a guy with not good but elite feet and vision his jump cut is very impressive.  Ingram will be an elite RB at Texas if he stays healthy.

Some guys in the recruiting forum were angsting about not landing a higher rated 5* RB in the '18 cycle. I tried telling those fools what I saw with my own eyes at the state championship game in 2016...Ingram pretty much single handedly took over the game when it looked like his team was gonna get blown out in the first half...both running and catching the ball as well.

He's good, and in some ways better than the last 2 true 5* RB's we've had.

• Like 1