Ingram should starts

EvilCaseMcCoy

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

He should be playing at about 205 pounds, and instead we fattened him up to 230.  Herman and Drayton are just weird dudes.  I almost think they want their RBs to be slow so they’re more “patient”.    It’s the classic dumb coach thinking he’s smart by being contrarian.  “No, only the stupid plebeians would think you want a RB who, you know, runs fast.  Real football men know it’s really all about [insert pretentious bullshit here like patience or big toe flexibility].” 

You see it every year in recruiting, too.  We lock up Jonathan Brooks when his only offer is Texas State and his tape shows him getting constantly walked down by 3A kids - and this was before everything went to shit when we were still appealing enough to get commits from guys like Ewers - but we’re hot and cold on Camar Wheaton and don’t even offer a few other guys who run below 11.0 in the 100m with size and who should be targets.  Whatever.   Can’t have RBs hitting the line of scrimmage too quickly.  That would defeat the purpose of all the precise Mensa level run game scheming if some fast dude just breaks one on his own. 

Yeah he looked ridiculously talented as a freshman when he had some burst. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Some harsh words here.  He was still pretty good at times this season.  Hope he changes his mind and sticks around.  

We're all pissed at Herman and the team has been an abortion, but I agree with you. I hope he does stick around. But I also think he should be a backup to either Rojo or Bijan. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

What does this tweet mean??

He also tweeted 16 with handshake after Dixon scored so I’m guessing the original tweet came after RJ pin balled for a TD, and Ingram is just showing his respects

Edited by taybo20

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Is he really 1 or 2 on USC's depth chart?

Yeah man, he was pretty fucking good. Play design wasn't good for him, and those 2 fumbles and the dropped TD were what sticks out, but he wasn't really that mistake prone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah man, he was pretty fucking good. Play design wasn't good for him, and those 2 fumbles and the dropped TD were what sticks out, but he wasn't really that mistake prone.

He was better than Kyle Porter, but let's not get carried (fumbled?) away.

If he gets his head on straight and slims down, he has a chance.

If not, he can come back and cheer on his half-brother.

• Hook 'Em 2