Ingram should starts

EvilCaseMcCoy

3 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hmm, his decision making process doesn't compute.  Why would you leave for SC?  They are a dumpster fire.  Guess Naivar was big part of our recruiting here and Herman shouldn't have canned him.

You got something against Asian girls?

PS- Even he doesn't end up going pro in football, have USC Football Player on your resume never looks bad. Especially if you decide to stay on the West Coast and enjoy perfect weather and Boats & Ho's.

• Hook 'Em 1

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. LSU retard drop and its not even close. 
That was a blessing in disguise. We likely win that game if he doesnt drop that pass..really hard to fire the coach who managed to beat the otherwise undefeated National champs the year before, regardless of 3 losses the following year.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hate Herman almost more than anyone, but Herman didn't make Ingram miss a catch in the endzone, or fumble against TCU. That's all on Keontay. Best of luck to the kid, but he ain't making the NFL with a 4.75 40. 

ftfy

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, markstanco said:
4 hours ago, ChemicalHorn said:
Good luck Keontay emoji869.png

Sucks that two awful fuck ups is what he’ll be remembered for because he was pretty solid otherwise. Dude lost 2 fumbles his entire time here and that’s gonna be his legacy. 

1800 yards in 3 years rushing is not solid.

Exactly. It's average at best. As a starter for 3 years, it's pretty pathetic honestly. 

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Exactly. It's average at best. As a starter for 3 years, it's pretty pathetic honestly. 

Huh? At best he started for ~1.5 years: he never once led the team in carries and in 2/3 seasons he wasn’t even the RB with the most carries.

That aside averaged well over 5 yards a touch and scored every 23 or so touches with Sam hawking all the goal line TDs (MENSA!). Fumbled 3 times total (2 lost) in >400 touches. I get it, dude monumentally fucked up against LSU, TCU. Again, if you can get past that he was a solid player. If we were getting him from USC we’d be pumped here. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Good luck Keontay 🤘

Sucks that two awful fuck ups is what he’ll be remembered for because he was pretty solid otherwise. Dude lost 2 fumbles his entire time here and that’s gonna be his legacy. 

When did this story drop? I feel like the UT social media dept. dropped the ball on this one.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

600 yards per season (775 per season and over 5 yards per carry his first two years) is the textbook definition of “solid.” emoji2369.png

Per Sports Reference stats:

2018 - 127th in total yards, 133rd in YPC

2019 - 49th in total yards, 49th in YPC

2020 NA because he was too far down the list.

Your solid is my average.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, markstanco said:
15 hours ago, ChemicalHorn said:
Good luck Keontay emoji869.png

1800 yards in 3 years rushing is not solid.

Stanco with the counting stats.  A 5.5 ypc is very solid.

Just to be real, no one here hates Keontay. We all want the best for him. His best and our best is to go separate ways and wish the other well. I'll always be happy we got him on NSD after flirting with aggy. I'm still happy he was on the team, but he carried the ball like a loaf of bread and never learned. I hope whoever is coaching RB's at USC makes him understand the if he fumbles he won't see the field. 

He'll have to compete with

Markese Stepp (4* SO);

Early enrollees -

Brandon Campbell (4* FR); Anthony Beavers (4* ATH FR)

Plenty of room to compete with zero freaks coming in. He should adjust well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hate Herman almost more than anyone, but Herman didn't make Ingram miss a catch in the endzone, or fumble against TCU. That's all on Keontay. Best of luck to the kid, but he ain't making the NFL with fumblitis. 

Maybe, but he was yet another Texas skill player who was better as a FR than as a JR.

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I agree with this, but how the hell did he regress so damn much?

I don't know. Eliminating unlikely possibilities leaves me with coaching and conditioning.  That's on Herman.  Especially when it's not just him.

That "regression" thing was a Mack Brown RB trademark too.  It's like Herman learned only the wrong things from him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Huh? At best he started for ~1.5 years: he never once led the team in carries and in 2/3 seasons he wasn’t even the RB with the most carries.

That aside averaged well over 5 yards a touch and scored every 23 or so touches with Sam hawking all the goal line TDs (MENSA!). Fumbled 3 times total (2 lost) in >400 touches. I get it, dude monumentally fucked up against LSU, TCU. Again, if you can get past that he was a solid player. If we were getting him from USC we’d be pumped here. 

My recollection is that he arrived weighing 190 and even though he played in every game, he seemed to get dinged up a lot. People said he needed more muscle before he could handle the load. So, Yancy put 30-35# on him, taking away his twitch. Maybe adding 15# would have been a good compromise. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I have a feeling he does well at USC. I think he was criminally mishandled by Herman. 

I agree with this.  He will be remembered here for his fuck ups, but he is a very solid RB.  If he stays healthy and gets enough carries to  get in a rhythm, I think he will be very good for USC. 

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My recollection is that he arrived weighing 190 and even though he played in every game, he seemed to get dinged up a lot. People said he needed more muscle before he could handle the load. So, Yancy put 30-35# on him, taking away his twitch. Maybe adding 15# would have been a good compromise. 

Yes, this was a general issue under Herman. Lots of players needed to add "armor" to build up against injury prevention, which also led to players losing some speed and explosion.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, Ingram is not a transfer that I will begrudge any success. Couldn’t be happier with Bijan and RoJo leading our backfield next year and I hope Ingram gets his mind and body right and has a great year and gets an NFL shot. 

I might get worked up if all of a sudden Orlando pulled his head out of his ass but that clip looks familiar enough that I feel pretty safe on that front.   

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

He's lighter... and going against an Orlando defense 😂😂😂

I fully expected the ball to go flying about 3 times there. Keontays issue didn’t seem to be talent, it seemed to be in his head. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• 5 months later...