Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Namath version is 100x better.

There were some good unis in the 80s (Pats, Broncos, Dolphins, etc.), but the Jets was not one of them.  They made a good move going back to the classic look.

Now if only the Broncos, Pats and Eagles would ditch the late 90s/early 2000s "muted color" look and go back to their classic look...

This:
0f04b19a779059dfe9c66f3193718d8a.png
Is better and more iconic than this imo:
ff_2517615_full.jpg&w=340
What's the point of the illegible NY or that weird roundish little football? And the old one at least references their mascot.

You thought the green one was the original and it isn’t. It also sucks. They should stick with the original that broadway joe won the big one with.

8 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

You thought the green one was the original and it isn’t. It also sucks. They should stick with the original that broadway joe won the big one with.

Yeah I was wrong. I still like the green helmet more though.

The Jets logo is the bad kind of old. It's way too busy - you have to be right next to it to read the "NY", and there's nothing fun, clever, or iconic about it.

Edited by texifornia

Count me in on the throwback jets.

the Throwback Bills are among the best unis in the League.

and damn if the 'throwback' Dolphin unis didn't kick ass ;ast year?

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Now if only the Broncos, Pats and Eagles would ditch the late 90s/early 2000s "muted color" look and go back to their classic look...

Yup - those teams should each go back to their full-on '80s look. Add the Rams, Chargers, Bucs, Falcons, Seahawks, Dolphins, Cardinals and Browns to that list as well.

The Bills and 49ers did this a few years ago...time for others to follow their lead.

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

Count me in on the throwback jets.

the Throwback Bills are among the best unis in the League.

and damn if the 'throwback' Dolphin unis didn't kick ass ;ast year?

How would you rank the NFL divisions if every team used their "best" uniform, past or present?

IMO:

AFC West - Oakland and KC are perfect. Chargers' powder blues might be my favorite NFL uniform, period. Denver's uniforms in Elway's prime years are so much better than what they wear now.

AFC East - All of the throwbacks are very good (Jets) to excellent (the other three teams).

NFC East - Cowboys' and Giants' current uniforms are classics. Eagles need to go back to Kelly green, which looked fantastic. The Redskins' throwbacks are relatively dull, but solid.

NFC West - Warren Moon-era Seahawks look so much better than what followed. 49ers' are classic, of course. Eric Dickerson-era Rams were great, and I hope they return to that. Cardinals' are clean and have remained relatively unchanged, but they're nothing special.

NFC North - Bears' and Packers' are also classics, but don't pop as much as those from some of the old AFL teams or the NFC East. Vikings' and Lions' are good, but a cut below the best.

AFC South - The excellence of the Colts and the old Oilers (technically associated with the Titans) singlehandedly propels this division out of the bottom two.

AFC North - Steelers, Browns, good. Bengals, Ravens, eh.

NFC South - I like the Bucs' creamsicles. Sue me. Otherwise, a whole bunch of meh.

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

How would you rank the NFL divisions if every team used their "best" uniform, past or present?

IMO:

AFC West - Oakland and KC are perfect. Chargers' powder blues might be my favorite NFL uniform, period. Denver's uniforms in Elway's prime years are so much better than what they wear now.

AFC East - All of the throwbacks are very good (Jets) to excellent (the other three teams).

NFC East - Cowboys' and Giants' current uniforms are classics. Eagles need to go back to Kelly green, which looked fantastic. The Redskins' throwbacks are relatively dull, but solid.

NFC West - Warren Moon-era Seahawks look so much better than what followed. 49ers' are classic, of course. Eric Dickerson-era Rams were great, and I hope they return to that. Cardinals' are clean and have remained relatively unchanged, but they're nothing special.

NFC North - Bears' and Packers' are also classics, but don't pop as much as those from some of the old AFL teams or the NFC East. Vikings' and Lions' are good, but a cut below the best.

AFC South - The excellence of the Colts and the old Oilers (technically associated with the Titans) singlehandedly propels this division out of the bottom two.

AFC North - Steelers, Browns, good. Bengals, Ravens, eh.

NFC South - I like the Bucs' creamsicles. Sue me. Otherwise, a whole bunch of meh.

Good list. I'd move NFC North up, but I love the old Vikings unis. 

Also, NFC South - some older Saints unis are great (below), and also liked some older Falcons. But yeah, today they are all meh. 

earl1_zpsxsdxge1k.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Good list. I'd move NFC North up, but I love the old Vikings unis. 

Also, NFC South - some older Saints unis are great (below), and also liked some older Falcons. But yeah, today they are all meh. 

earl1_zpsxsdxge1k.jpg

I'm shortchanging the old Saints' uniforms, you're right. The Falcons' old ones are merely decent.

NFC North is the definition of high floor, low ceiling. Don't mess with what works, and I don't blame 'em.

Edited by Machinator

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

DBB7_F587_EB0_D_4_B37_8_ACB_25420066_E50

The amount of posts people have spent complaining about the color of the jerseys when it hasn't actually changed is pretty astounding.

Right up there with the annual "wow *insert strength and conditioning coach* is really great. Look how jacked the players are" posts because guys have biceps and deltoids.

Edited by fellside
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not if you're more than 2 feet away. It's just visual noise.

I had no idea how much people liked those meh helmets. You are the ones who should feel bad!

If you cannot see that "NY" you need your eyes checked and besides if you do not know the Jets are from New York you are an idiot anyway.

18 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

The whole jets thing is dumb. Green and white is a bland color combination so most uniforms are going to look blah. Green's my favorite color but it needs a better accent color than white or in combination with white. 

Nothing bland about this, dumbass. 

2394d2175e30ab12b26818ca29b00502--footba

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Not if you're more than 2 feet away. It's just visual noise.

I had no idea how much people liked those meh helmets. You are the ones who should feel bad!

51550852.jpg?w=594&h=436&crop=1

If you think these putrid Mr. Yuck abominations are better than the Namaths, then you probably also believed Rich Kotite when he told a 1-8 team in the locker room "We're still in this!"

11 hours ago, fellside said:

The amount of posts people have spent complaining about the color of the jerseys when it hasn't actually changed is pretty astounding.

Right up there with the annual "wow *insert strength and conditioning coach* is really great. Look how jacked the players are" posts because guys have biceps and deltoids.

Same thing happens with OSU people.  People constantly complain about "all the different shades" even though the same Pantone color is used on everything. 

I really think there is something about the color orange that can make different shades look significantly different in different types of light, when used on different materials, etc.

As to the second point, totally agree.  One of the latest trends that's annoying AF is people posting and re-posting videos of players doing workouts on social media. It's like, "ZOMG! So-in-so can dead lift eleventy thousand pounds! We're definitely winning the CFP this year!!!"  STFU

13 hours ago, Machinator said:

I recall a time ... oh so long ago... 1990... The Whatever It Takes team.  We had not played in black cleats all year until ... it was announced that we would wear them in our bowl game that year. We were ranked in the Top 5 going into the Cotton Bowl. We were Texas. We were back. We wore black cleats. And then... on a miserably cold day in Dallas ... The University of Miami.

To this day, I still shudder a bit recalling the pain, the anguish from that day... and how jazzed the players were about fucking black fucking cleats.

Fuck.

I am still suffering from Charlie Not-So Strong PTSD recalling that horrible day.

7 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

I recall a time ... oh so long ago... 1990... The Whatever It Takes team.  We had not played in black cleats all year until ... it was announced that we would wear them in our bowl game that year. We were ranked in the Top 5 going into the Cotton Bowl. We were Texas. We were back. We wore black cleats. And then... on a miserably cold day in Dallas ... The University of Miami.

To this day, I still shudder a bit recalling the pain, the anguish from that day... and how jazzed the players were about fucking black fucking cleats.

Fuck.

I am still suffering from Charlie Not-So Strong PTSD recalling that horrible day.

I recall a time... a little less long ago... where we won the natty... while wearing black cleats at home...

• Like 1

The green Boomer Esiason era Jets uniforms are ok for a once per year throwback. 

Now the 80s Pats, Broncos, Dolphins, Rams, 49ers, Eagles, Falcons, and Saints uniforms should make a permanent comeback. I love the creamsicle Bucs uniforms, but it’s hard to take them seriously as a football team, and the red jersey with pewter helmets (late 90s) was a good change. 

If Houston won’t or can’t ever negotiate a return to the Oilers nickname, they should say fuck it and roll out columbia blue jerseys and white helmets with the Texans logo on the side instead of the oil derrick. 

Edited by Murfdogg21

If Houston won’t or can’t ever negotiate a return to the Oilers nickname, they should say fuck it and roll out columbia blue jerseys and white helmets with the Texans logo on the side instead of the oil derrick. 

Only thing that could ever make me give a fuck about that slapdick franchise.

7 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I never knew that raping women were such a popular deal with you people until Briles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it classy. Personally I think most adults don't find rape funny, nor mature to joke about.  

8 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

And I think most people adults don’t condone rape and the people who both commit and cover up rape 

Well, we agree. And I haven't, nor has any Baylor grad I know. So...

Edited by LTbear