So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

I enjoyed the end of today’s game with this absolute dumbfuck of a human. USF is down 48-21 and there’s a tackle on 3rd down. Chuckles calls a timeout with :14 left with the ball outside of the red zone. His qb of course winds up getting sacked on 4th down and SMU has to run a play to end the game. Of course this stupid fuck had timeouts left and of course he’d do something like that. There is not a single plausible concept that could explain that bush league shit. 

I continue to hope that this rube is too expensive to fire and that he brings USF to Austin next year. 

• Like 1

Lets bump some old P posts! 

On 12/3/2018 at 8:47 AM, Thatguy said:

I don't care what you think or about crowdsourcing. It's a message board and I am entitled to my opinion. The fact of the matter is that this board was salivating at the thought of Charlie losing and angry about him walking right into another head coaching job. So many of you guys were saying how he was gonna lose last year. People were in full on "Charlie Watch". The board had USF game threads on it where people were actively rooting against him.

My point is, USF went 17-3 over the first 3/4's of the last two years until their starting QB got hurt. We should probably just tip the cap, quit hating, and move the fuck on. We are like some angry EX-Girlfriends hoping our EX fails and checking his instagram pics to see who his new girlfriend is. It is Aggy as hell and embarrassing. So if people like that are going to crowdsource me then so be it.

Of course, Charlie was on a roll and only got derailed because of that devastating (2 game) QB injury . Surely he’ll get back on track with that very same starting QB who is now a senior. Any week now! Us haters just gotta tip our caps to this great coach and move on...

PSYYYYCH!  “Charlie Watch” is BACK ON, boys!

On 12/3/2018 at 8:28 AM, Thatguy said:

Remember when you said that Shane was going to be a good QB under Herman and it was Charlie who couldn't develop him? How did that turn out?

How about when Shane led SMU to its best start in 30 years and was beating Charlie 34-0 in his own stadium at halftime? lol.  This strawman aged well...

• Like 4

I still cant believe how anybody could have been fooled by Strong so completely in 2014, I wanted him gone by week 2 and got a negrep ban because people are emotionally blind and unstable. One day I should just change my name to Cassandra.
Why wait Cassandra?

1 minute ago, Paco said:
16 minutes ago, linux said:
I still cant believe how anybody could have been fooled by Strong so completely in 2014, I wanted him gone by week 2 and got a negrep ban because people are emotionally blind and unstable. One day I should just change my name to Cassandra.

Why wait Cassandra?

Cause it is a useless gesture.

ShaggyBevo was about 50/50 on Strong or Briles and those that were on the Briles train were fine with Strong as a plan B. I don’t recall anyone being vehemently against Strong on this site. 

Strong was the hot upcoming coach that just beat the snot out of a sec team in a BCS bowl. After the stench that Diaz left with our defense, We wanted a defensive guy and Strong was considered the best out there. 

This is revisionist history bullshit at its finest

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I would take Strong over Muschamp.  Both are bad.  Strong is just so bad and makes so many obvious boneheaded mistakes, he’s easier to get rid of quicker.  

I'm just glad we didn't get Muschamp because we would have had a setback on the Herman sweepstakes. Bless Strong for his intellectual disabilities. 

16 hours ago, victory88 said:

Imagine if we didn't lose to Kansas.  This fraud of a coach may still have been here for another year or two.  Steve Patterson should never be allowed to be in charge or any team, company, or organization.  Now it makes sense why every fucking AD passed on Strong after he interviewed.  It's because he's a fucking terrible coach and I'm sure anyone with half a brain saw that he was going to be way in over his head.  But not Steve fucking Patterson.  He gave him 25 mil.

Us losing to Kansas is lowkey the best thing that could’ve ever happened to this program. Herman would’ve been at LSU cleaning our clock on recruiting. We’d likely be dicking around with Fuente or Fleck or some average at best coach.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Us losing to Kansas is lowkey the best thing that could’ve ever happened to this program. Herman would’ve been at LSU cleaning our clock on recruiting. We’d likely be dicking around with Fuente or Fleck or some average at best coach.

Right I imagine a shitty search a year later culminating with a Chip Kelly, Fuente, or Taggart. 

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I enjoyed the end of today’s game with this absolute dumbfuck of a human. USF is down 48-21 and there’s a tackle on 3rd down. Chuckles calls a timeout with :14 left with the ball outside of the red zone. His qb of course winds up getting sacked on 4th down and SMU has to run a play to end the game. Of course this stupid fuck had timeouts left and of course he’d do something like that. There is not a single plausible concept that could explain that bush league shit. 

I continue to hope that this rube is too expensive to fire and that he brings USF to Austin next year. 

Even if he gets fired, which is almost certainly going to happen now he will have left USF in such shambles that it should make for an easy home win . 

ShaggyBevo was about 50/50 on Strong or Briles and those that were on the Briles train were fine with Strong as a plan B. I don’t recall anyone being vehemently against Strong on this site. 

Strong was the hot upcoming coach that just beat the snot out of a sec team in a BCS bowl. After the stench that Diaz left with our defense, We wanted a defensive guy and Strong was considered the best out there. 

This is revisionist history bullshit at its finest

Any optimism here quickly went away after Watson was announced.

As someone who didn't know much about Watson, the tone on the threads here led me to believe we'd be better off bringing back gdgd instead of hiring Watson.

They were right, too.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

As someone who didn't know much about Watson, the tone on the threads here led me to believe we'd be better off bringing back gdgd instead of hiring Watson.

They were right, too.

Exactly. I took a homerish, misguided “wait and see” stance since I don’t know dick about schemes or X’s and O’s. I also don’t follow Texas recruiting very closely so I didn’t grasp the negative impact of switching to some hack pro scheme. But plenty of more knowledgeable posters were apoplectic over the hire and called it a disaster from the start.

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Exactly. I took a homerish, misguided “wait and see” stance since I don’t know dick about schemes or X’s and O’s. I also don’t follow Texas recruiting very closely so I didn’t grasp the negative impact of switching to some hack pro scheme. But plenty of more knowledgeable posters were apoplectic over the hire and called it a disaster from the start.

I try to admit whenever I was wrong about something and I was wrong about Charlie Strong. He was a bad hire and I’m glad he’s gone, even if it took me a while to figure that out. 

• Like 1

The animosity against him baffles me. It's not like he came in and tried to shit up the program. And by the way, he way over-achieved in recruiting. Ultimately, it didn't work out. The results on the field weren't there. But the internet rage against this guy is kind of weird.

Totally agree. I pretty much said the same thing up in the thread. We sound like aggy how obsessed we are over this guy and keep rehashing the same shit over and over again. He’s no longer our problem. Let it be. Of course I got attacked as a Charlie homer.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, victory88 said:

Imagine if we didn't lose to Kansas.  This fraud of a coach may still have been here for another year or two.  Steve Patterson should never be allowed to be in charge or any team, company, or organization.  Now it makes sense why every fucking AD passed on Strong after he interviewed.  It's because he's a fucking terrible coach and I'm sure anyone with half a brain saw that he was going to be way in over his head.  But not Steve fucking Patterson.  He gave him 25 mil.

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Thujone said:

The animosity against him baffles me. It's not like he came in and tried to shit up the program. And by the way, he way over-achieved in recruiting. Ultimately, it didn't work out. The results on the field weren't there. But the internet rage against this guy is kind of weird.

He didn’t overachieve in recruiting.  He recruited at what our floor should be and he had a new coach bounce.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Thujone said:

PTSD is real man. Really, I think it's just more validation that we absolutely did the right thing -- regardless of what the Herbstreit's and Hayes' of the CFB press were saying -- in cutting ties when we did. And complete astonishment the way his teams keep getting embarrassed week after week after week.

1 hour ago, Thujone said:

I think that a lot of people look at Charlie and think he’s just a coach, chill it didn’t work out. 

Bit it’s a bit more. It was globally a piss poor job of finding a coach and locally a strait con job. If Patterson was half a competent administrator he would have gone out and gotten Peterson who was the only decent choice success and fit wise by a mile. Would he have worked out? Who knows, but you go get him and bring him to Austin in a chariot of gold. 

There were many who didn’t like the hire for very legitimate reasons like his assistant choices were horrible and he had ties to street agents and assistants with past recruiting violations on their resume.  Lots of them were shouted down and there was some heat there in the beginning with a lot of ridiculous racist insinuations and downright accusations. 

Sorry but there’s gonna be some posters who are going to love reading a big fat “I told you so” every so often.

Edited by Doc Reeves
Derp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

They were right, too.

This. I tuned in to watch a Louisville game when Bridgwater was there, and wondered what kind of hot garbage I was watching on offense. Then Watson’ s name was mentioned. Oh. Now I get it. 

I knew Chuckles was in trouble when he decided to bring that tard to Austin to run a West Coast offense in college. I’ll never forget Watson saying out loud in a press conference that it would only take players 3 years to run the plays exactly as they’re drawn up. In college. Where the roster churns over every 3-5 years.