GhostOfTomJoad

What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

6 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

There's a website selling vintage jerseys from the 30's and 40's wool jersey era. They have a bunch of Big 12 teams but no Texas; if/when they get one I'm all over that shit. For the two weeks where it's actually sweater weather in Austin.

I guess I could just buy a burnt orange sweater and sew some numbers on it, but then it wouldn't be licensed.

https://www.ebbets.com/collections/collegiate-football-jerseys

Ebbets does good stuff! UT has such a shitty licensing agreement - we don't get 47, Homefield, or any of these other great boutique suppliers.

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ebbets does good stuff! UT has such a shitty licensing agreement - we don't get 47, Homefield, or any of these other great boutique suppliers.

Well.  The Patterson-era license agreement ditched CLC for "Learfield Sports" and Jerrah's 289c, which licensed itself to produce most of the gear that isn't Nike.

Then CLC bought Learfield (or vice-versa, merger something), and somewhere along the line I thought 289c was shitcanned (could have sworn this happened, but can't find any proof).  Texas stuff appears on the front page of the 289c site, but is not shown on "our brands."  There is probably a big of wrangling going on with 289c and freeing up apparel for licensing to better vendors.

EDIT: Clarity on CLC.  CLC apparently has been owned by IMG since 2007.  Learfield is/was mostly a media deal, and the licensing deal with them and 289c was kind of a bastard thing (Learfield using 289c to provide licensing "horsepower" it didn't have and 289c using it's licensing ability to license itself), typical of Patterson.  

IMG acquired Learfield in 2018, permitting the Learfield deal to be "reassigned" back to CLC.  But, because 289c is not part of Learfield, probably still has some rights that are being thrashed out, hopefully resulting in termination sooner rather than later.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 9/16/2020 at 3:56 PM, Etexhorn13 said:

My coaches polo came in the mail today... this shirt feels like cheaply made dog shit that I’ll be returning. Looks pretty good but it’s made of a fabric that you can actually hear when you crumple the shirt together. No bueno. 

Ended up going with the Columbia polo. I had one of these in black that I seem to have misplaced, but wanted to go with white anyway. I will never make the mistake of purchasing one of the Nike shirts again. 

04D6A7D1-8AF8-478D-86ED-99A57E88EC54.jpeg

I got this shirt as well last year and would recommend. My only question about it (compared to all my other shirts of that style): why so many buttons?

15 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

At least Sitka has their shit together.  Can't decide....#whynotboth

sitka_80020_RU_18.jpgLowland-Jacket-Rust.jpg?v=20180807112405

Color seems a little muted. Kind of pumpkiny. Wonder what it looks like in person. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Color seems a little muted. Kind of pumpkiny. Wonder what it looks like in person. 

"Rust" is what they call it.  

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Looks more like burnt orange than most stuff out there nowadays.