Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

13 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Sounds like bait for a follow up to me

My account couldn’t possibly deliver his words the way they truly need to be delivered.  

Double posts, cache, dumb joke, carry on.  

Edited by fattyflattie

(Crossposting.)

(It's Wykoff)

247 / Steve Wiltfong / 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: OL to Texas A&M

Spoiler

247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: OL to Texas A&M

Steve Wiltfong

Logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Texas A&M for Magnolia (Texas) High offensive lineman Matthew Wykoff who in March narrowed his list of over 30 offers to seven schools.

The Aggies are battling the likes of Texas, Texas Tech, Arizona State, Auburn, Penn State and USC.

The 247Sports Composite ranks the 6-foot-5, 304-pound Wykoff as the nation's No. 33 offensive tackle.

Wykoff helped his team to an 8-4 record as a junior in earning first team All-District.

"Possesses very good size with a big frame requisite for the tackle spot at the high-major level," 247Sports National Analyst Gabe Brooks wrote about Wykoff in his evaluation. "Already 300 pounds but could hold more weight given frame potential. Strong in the phone booth, especially against speed-oriented defenders. Too big and strong for speed rushers. Plays hard with a consistent motor. Size to affect pass-rushers around the edge. Lower-body strength manifests in block-finishing ability. Ample right tackle experience and could slide inside if needed. Can improve hand placement and consistency. Foot quickness can get better to maximize pass pro against edge speed. Can improve initial punch power at the point of attack. Power Five-caliber offensive lineman who could provide position versatility and become reliable starter in college."

The Aggies currently have seven commits in the 2021 recruiting class.

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

(Crossposting.)

(It's Wykoff)

247 / Steve Wiltfong / 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: OL to Texas A&M

Hide contents

247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: OL to Texas A&M

Steve Wiltfong

Logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Texas A&M for Magnolia (Texas) High offensive lineman Matthew Wykoff who in March narrowed his list of over 30 offers to seven schools.

The Aggies are battling the likes of Texas, Texas Tech, Arizona State, Auburn, Penn State and USC.

The 247Sports Composite ranks the 6-foot-5, 304-pound Wykoff as the nation's No. 33 offensive tackle.

Wykoff helped his team to an 8-4 record as a junior in earning first team All-District.

"Possesses very good size with a big frame requisite for the tackle spot at the high-major level," 247Sports National Analyst Gabe Brooks wrote about Wykoff in his evaluation. "Already 300 pounds but could hold more weight given frame potential. Strong in the phone booth, especially against speed-oriented defenders. Too big and strong for speed rushers. Plays hard with a consistent motor. Size to affect pass-rushers around the edge. Lower-body strength manifests in block-finishing ability. Ample right tackle experience and could slide inside if needed. Can improve hand placement and consistency. Foot quickness can get better to maximize pass pro against edge speed. Can improve initial punch power at the point of attack. Power Five-caliber offensive lineman who could provide position versatility and become reliable starter in college."

The Aggies currently have seven commits in the 2021 recruiting class.

But are they battling us?

I don’t want them to get Wykoff because he’s a non-cube and could help them with their OT dilemma. Converted TE with a long lean frame. 

I don’t get it with Fatheree. At all. I just don’t see it. 

12 hours ago, golfclap said:

I don’t want them to get Wykoff because he’s a non-cube and could help them with their OT dilemma. Converted TE with a long lean frame. 

The Fatheree projection only makes sense to me if you think you can get him to like 370 pounds and just make him into a large Orlando Brown type who’s difficult to get around because he’s so big, and weighs enough to where he can anchor despite playing way too high 

Either way, he’s not contributing until his third year at the earliest, imo 

Spoiler

Watch Topic

Wykoff got fonged!

11,375 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by beerad12man

Liucci

7:19p, 5/14/20 

Staff

AG

While a couple of folks on here are BS'ing, Henson is going to end up putting together a very salty OL haul. It might not be too long before the Ags have Zuhn, Wykoff and Fatheree in the boat. If they can grab Foster and perhaps pry Connor Tollison(one of the most underrated OL prospects in the country) away from Mizzou, we're talking about a pretty special group.

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to 210 •  8:09p, 5/14/20 

Staff

210 said:

dude is a tackle.

While he does play tackle for Magnolia, I think what makes Wykoff so valuable is his versatility coupled with his high intellect. The kid is extremely academic and understands the game of football at an advanced level. He told me directly the last time we spoke that he's interested in playing center because he knows the value of having a good one on your OL. He's even begun working on snapping. 

Liucci

8:58p, 5/14/20 

Staff

AG

Wykoff is extremely versatile and has only begun to scratch the surface of his potential. He's already 6-5 and a shade over 300 pounds and is just a naturally strong dude who is really beginning to hit that accelerated phase of his development. He's VERY intelligent, as well, something that I feel like fans, recruiting services and sometimes even college coaches overlook all too often. This was one of the offers I was a big fan of coming out of the Super Bowl party.

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to WallStreetAggie •  9:34p, 5/14/20 

Staff

WallStreetAggie said:

Are we settling? Savion Byrd, and other better lineman prospects in the state. 

I always type out long snarky responses to these then delete them.

But yes, Jimbo Fisher is absolutely settling in recruiting. He's done it his entire career which is probably why he's struggled so much landing high caliber players, winning games, and putting guys into the NFL. He has a long history of making mistakes on evaluations which has led to his demise as a head coach. 

1 edit

Liucci

In reply to WallStreetAggie •  10:08p, 5/14/20 

Staff

AG

WallStreetAggie said:

Are we settling? Savion Byrd, and other better lineman prospects in the state. 

This is just asinine. They're aiming to sign five o-linemen in this haul. This is a guy they offered at the start of February and haven't wavered on since. He's 6-5, 305, can maul people and has only played OL for two seasons after moving from tight end. And offers from the likes of Penn State, Auburn, Notre Dame, Texas, USC, Tennessee and plenty of others. You're looking at the star ranking and not the size, tape and paying attention to the caliber of programs that are looking at him and who have committable offers on the table. This would be a very nice get for Henson and the Aggies.

Liucci

In reply to Aint Like It Ustabe •  10:51p, 5/14/20 

Staff

AG

Aint Like It Ustabe said:

That would be cute except for the miserable condition FSU's oline was in at the end of Jimbos tenure. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of Jimbos. I think he is doing a great job recruiting. I think we are in for a big year. However, this tautology that Jimbo's recruits are good because Jimbo recruited them warrants some skepticism at least on the oline. 

That o-line coach is the most bitter dude on the planet. He's the one who single-handedly delivered the FSU OL grad transfer to Bama over A&M because he's still so chafed that Fisher didn't bring him to College Station with him. Thing is, the guy should have been let go at FSU long before he was but the administration there wouldn't let him make changes. That was a big part of the issue of why he ultimately left when folks who didn't really understand how bad things had gotten in terms of Florida State being second-rate in terms of support and infrastructure couldn't comprehend why he'd leave Tallahassee.

Sometimes it helps to know these things.

21 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

That o-line coach is the most bitter dude on the planet. He's the one who single-handedly delivered the FSU OL grad transfer to Bama over A&M because he's still so chafed that Fisher didn't bring him to College Station with him. Thing is, the guy should have been let go at FSU long before he was but the administration there wouldn't let him make changes. That was a big part of the issue of why he ultimately left when folks who didn't really understand how bad things had gotten in terms of Florida State being second-rate in terms of support and infrastructure couldn't comprehend why he'd leave Tallahassee.

nothing here is true. 

First, Trickett wasn't even at FSU when Landon Dickerson transferred to Alabama, hell FSU had already canned Frey as well. Even if he did lead him to Alabama, would anyone in the world be surprised that he told the kid to go to Alabama over aggy? 

Trickett was making ~600k as an OL coach. FSU wasn't hurting for money. They had given the entire coaching staff 25% raises when Jimbo bithced that Clemson was spending more for their assistants. The admin had grown tired of Jimbo's yearly NFL/LSU flirtation bullshit and general shitty ass demeanor. You can't skip all the grip-and-grins or go to them and shit all over the people with the fat checkbooks. Jimbo's cover for FSU falling from unbeatable in the ACC to falling far behind Clemson was that it was all about a football only facility. Clemson's football only facility was clearly the gap between the two teams. Complete bullshit. 

• Like 4

Wiltfong on Fatheree 

(Hint - Lsulz could be on the horizon.)

Spoiler

The 247Sports Crystal Ball is all Texas A&M for Richmond (Texas) Foster Top247 offensive tackle Reuben Fatheree. In talking to a couple sources, LSU may actually be the program to beat for the No. 18 offensive tackle in this 2021 cycle. Oklahoma and Baylor are a couple other programs in the thick of it, but I'm close to logging a Crystal Ball in favor of LSU.

• Like 1

This is pure horseshit 😂 

Trickett had nothing to do with Landon Dickerson's transfer. Fisher had AMPLE opportunities to replace Trickett and the administration was not handcuffing him from doing so. Fisher's staff at FSU was Top 10 in total compensation. He just chose to distribute it poorly. That's not on the administration. That's on Jimbo.

Jimbo and Trickett had a strained relationship in the last few years he was there. Fisher wants yes men and he sets the tone for what his coordinators and position coaches run. 

Sometimes it helps to know these things.

Sometimes it helps if you don't attempt to speak about things you know nothing about fat ass

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Perroni on Fatheree.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

If Fatheree goes to LSU their board will be even more of a boxing fire fire than usual. It will be one of the biggest meltdowns we’ve seen in awhile. Part because he’s been pencilled in for over a year. Liucci has literally already said TODAY that the o line class is going to be special. This and then Foster going elsewhere and holy fuck. And you know what, I’m pretty sure them pressuring Wykoff to commit all of a sudden Isnt a coincidence. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If Fatheree goes to LSU their board will be even more of a boxing fire fire than usual. It will be one of the biggest meltdowns we’ve seen in awhile. Part because he’s been pencilled in for over a year. Liucci has literally already said TODAY that the o line class is going to be special. This and then Foster going elsewhere and holy fuck. And you know what, I’m pretty sure them pressuring Wykoff to commit all of a sudden Isnt a coincidence. 

Fatheree has been an LSU lock assuming they take him for awhile now. And his #2 has been OU. I think I posted that on here awhile back. A&M mods doing a shitty job. I'm shocked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, golfclap said:

Didn't know that about Wykoff.  Seems like the type of OL Herman and Hand like.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I wish I could talk more trash about Aggy OL class but Texas has Connor and nada. If we miss on most likely miss hanging on Brocks and Byrd, we also shit the bed 

Titter Tom is really fucking with my ability to enjoy my aggy sschaenfreude in peace

• Like 2

So Zuhn, Wykoff, and a couple of 3 star cubes. Sounds about right. No true OTs for the 3rd straight class. Ok, I guess if Shepherd can qualify that would be their 1 true OT prospect taken in a 3 year period. That would be some Charlie Strong level team building strategery.

Edited by HtownHorn

23 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So Zuhn, Wyckoff, and a couple of 3 star cubes. Sounds about right. No true OTs for the 3rd straight class. Ok, I guess if Shepherd can qualify that would be their 1 true OT prospect taken in a 3 year period. That would be some Charlie Strong level team building strategery.

Zuhn is absolutely a true OT prospect and Wyckoff likely is too, even if he’s not great. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

It's amazing to watch this play out exactly the way it played out at FSU. Blaming Henson for every element, when he just like Trickett before him, was a guy that preferred long, lean, athletic OL. Only the way stray aggy notes that it's a continuation of Jimbo's FSU years but he's lost in the Henson hate. 

tumblr_o681jkeJb01vseeauo1_400.gifv

Its amazing how Pepperoni is able to sell these rubes into their subscriptions. I manage a sales team and I tell them to "under promise and over deliver" daily..somehow this dude is able to put in crystal balls to A&M 3 years in advance to the top prospects in the state and even nationally and then when aggy isn't able to land those prospects he spins it as if 3*bread out of New Jersey is just as good as what he initially promised. Its honestly impressive but I dont think its actually him, its just who he is selling to..

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Imagine thinking that a traditional power having one of the worst position groups in all of FBS is NOT a reflection on the head coach.

The buck stops . . . somewhere else?

If you think that’s crazy, just imagine the level of cognitive dissonance it takes to be an aggy and think your football program is elite. 

• Like 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

Its amazing how Pepperoni is able to sell these rubes into their subscriptions. I manage a sales team and I tell them to "under promise and over deliver" daily..somehow this dude is able to put in crystal balls to A&M 3 years in advance to the top prospects in the state and even nationally and then when aggy isn't able to land those prospects he spins it as if 3*bread out of New Jersey is just as good as what he initially promised. Its honestly impressive but I dont think its actually him, its just who he is selling to..

I've always wondered what their churn rate is. There is clearly a texags loyal base, but then how many

giphy.gif

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I've always wondered what their churn rate is. There is clearly a texags loyal base, but then how many

giphy.gif

I guess when the aggy acceptance rate is over 70% there is always a new sucker to be had