4 hours ago, Duval Street said:

"Shelby American" just dropped on Netflix, almost 2 hrs running time, same guys that did the 24 Hour War.  Well done documentary covering Shelby's entire life with appearances by two of his sons and one grandson, plus Gurney, Bondurant, Brock, Ford, Piero and plenty of others.  Peter Miles is featured briefly a few times, including describing his dad's accident (I was really hoping the movie embellished and that he wasn't actually present at Riverside).

Includes plenty of the GT40 story and footage.  New to me was his involvement with Toyota after his Ford days.  Also, great discussion on the number of wives Carroll had, apparently even Shelby himself wasn't quite sure.

This used a lot of footage, race and interview, from another doc on the ford war with Ferrari that I also watched on Netflix recently, during the fairly large portions in which there was story overlap. 

about to take the boys to the theater. In my ford. With a V8. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

I wish my father had lived long enough to see this movie. He was from Germany and was a gearhead and the best mechanic I will ever meet, by far. He was so dang good at what he did. He lost his sight due to a doctor's screw up and still fixed cars after that. 

He worked for the Bay Long dealership in the 70's and when he quit they were so mad that they did not give him his last check. True story. He did not like Ford vehicles, but would have loved this film.

Saw it last night and liked it.  I thought the human story lines stood up to the racing parts, which were terrific. 

One thing bothered me a little.  I think Bale is a great actor (and he's terrific in FvF), but I thought his mannerisms in playing Ken Miles were a little too reminiscent of the way he played Dickie Eklund in The Fighter.  But that quibble aside, he dominates just about every scene he's in, IMO.     

On 12/2/2019 at 1:46 AM, Carl Spackler said:

Saw it last night and liked it.  I thought the human story lines stood up to the racing parts, which were terrific. 

One thing bothered me a little.  I think Bale is a great actor (and he's terrific in FvF), but I thought his mannerisms in playing Ken Miles were a little too reminiscent of the way he played Dickie Eklund in The Fighter.  But that quibble aside, he dominates just about every scene he's in, IMO.     

This.   I saw it a couple of weeks ago.    

I actually thought Matt Damon played the role of the confident  and take no bullshit Texan real well.    Might have been one of his better performances???

I will say the movie kind of kicked started my interest in Formula One/ GP racing which is cool cause I need a diversion from football and college basketball.  

This.   I saw it a couple of weeks ago.    
I actually thought Matt Damon played the role of the confident  and take no bullshit Texan real well.    Might have been one of his better performances???
I will say the movie kind of kicked started my interest in Formula One/ GP racing which is cool cause I need a diversion from football and college basketball.  

Nice! Now go watch Drive to Survive on Netflix.

4 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Nice! Now go watch Drive to Survive on Netflix.

Will do.  With football season now over for me with my high school team ousted from the playoffs Saturday, my Netflix/ Amazon Prime catch up watching season  begins.  

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I agree.  I'm not the biggest Matt Damon fan, but I thought he was very good in FvF.