impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Maybe, but Russia will still lose because it's what they do. All their policy is based around bringing others down rather than bringing Russia up. The southern states do the same internally. Neither are necessary to expand economic and social advancement globally. They are really just economic and social hindrances and have no desire to be anything more than that. You really think Russia is going to jump in and fill a trade gap with the EU, China, or Japan?  The west and east coasts will just pick up where the US left off. Russia has nothing to offer anyone. 
In a decade after a breakup, LA, MS, and AL would be the economic equivalent of Haiti.  I'm not sure why we keep letting them shit in our Cheerios. 
Russia = aggy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Can someone explain to me how impeachment efforts will guarantee Trump being reelected?  It’s all over the comments on FN, Reddit and occasionally here...I legit want someone from that line of thinking to explain the rationale here. 

1) It will likely rally the troops by painting it as a Dem attack against an elected President. Potential to create stronger Republican turnout.

2) The majority of the electorate doesn't pay attention to what is going on and independents will be susceptible to whichever side spins the impeachment process. Republicans are masters at spinning a narrative.

3) Democrats are pretty shitty at the game of politics.

I'm already down for it actually. And I'd even prefer a breakup over Senate or EC reform. We can do a lot more for civil rights in the South through external pressure and sanctions. Instead, as it is, we let them fuck up civil rights nationwide. 
We may need Trump to win 2020 to do it though because some state needs to nut up and be the first to want out.  The things he is trying against CA aren't sustainable. Eventually they'll file for secession if it goes to far and it seems like the disenfranchisement of large population states is never going to reverse. The northeast will follow suit. Nobody will do shit about it either. The south will remember it never wanted to be part of America in the first place. 
Texas will be pretty crazy in the short term after a breakup, but cooler and more liberal heads will prevail, and Texas would be in a position to bank as an intermediate nation between a new NAU and Mexico. 
An EU style union with the Northeast, Canada, and the West Coast would be an economic dynamo and would allow coastal US cities to finally join Canadian and European cities in quality of life ratings. You could pay for the entire desired welfare state with the money those states bleed to red states alone. Not to mention the savings on military spending. Nobody is going to attack shit since everyone will have MAD.

Sounds great on paper. But in reality you’re describing Putin’s wet dream of the collapse of the USA

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Hey your anti-American piece of shit, none of us believe impeachment will result in his removal from office. It’s the fucking principal of the matter. Trump doesn’t do anything for his constituents, he doesn’t do anything for America, and he doesn’t believe in anything this country stands for. Anybody in a position of power who stands by silently is a disgrace to everything we all believe in.

TLDR/ go fuck your own face. If you were actually born in this country, go fuck your fathers face and make sure he doesn’t breed another piece of shit like you.

technical difficulties since his username is FACEMASK.   I mean, how lucky can one be?

20 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Sounds great on paper. But in reality you’re describing Putin’s wet dream of the collapse of the USA

Who cares what Putin dreams about?  Russia is still going to be economic dogshit. He can jerk off to his dwindling population, high suicide rate, and economic shitshow all he wants.  Why not allow US states that want social and economic advancement have it? I do feel for the poor folks in the south who will have to live through a decade or two of handmaid's tale, but we can do more for them from the outside. Together, all we are doing is barely staving off handmaid's tale for everyone. 

But you are also wrong on what Putin jizzes about.  Right now, we are living Putin's actual wet dream. We have a buffoon President elected by the dumbest part of our electorate who is intent on collapsing our global economic might, not just for the south, but for every single one of us. Putin wants an America that locks children in cages and that is embroiled in race and trade wars. He is getting that. California, Texas, and the Northeast have long eaten Putin's lunch, and most of that is done by private corporations.  The same ones that Trump is trying to put in a bind.  He wants the Trump and Southern anchor still hung upon them. He certainly doesn't want a California that can keep all the money it sends to fund the US military and everything in the south.  That California might actually focus on Russia rather than fighting with the rest of the US over environmental regulations. 

Russia also certainly doesn't want a Texas run Exxon to deal with. Exxon can beat the entire Russian economy all by itself. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The south is getting a bad rap in this.  There are plenty of Trumpkin morons all over the place, to include giant swaths of the midwest, and upstate and western New York, for that matter.

No doubt. It's mostly about having big enough urban centers to counter rural Trump "bring everyone down with us" voters. But the south is the only true Evangelical region. They vote for handmaid's tale down there.  They did it long before Trump even.  Western NY votes to try to make NYC as shitty as Western NY, which sucks, but at least they aren't interested in being a forced Christian state like the south is. 

And at the end of the day, people that can leave Western NY for NYC, do leave. The real problem for the deep South is that their people have to leave their state for opportunity. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Stupid question amnesty: can someone clarify that the Senate vote to release the whistle blower complaint is really a vote for them to receive the complaint that was required by law to go to them directly anyway? Or to the congressional committee or whatever..... The White House isn't supposed to have this right now right? And in turn what is basically an advance notice of the shit storm to come..... Talk about a stacked deck (if I'm understanding this right)

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The south is getting a bad rap in this.  There are plenty of Trumpkin morons all over the place, to include giant swaths of the midwest, and upstate and western New York, for that matter.

yep--basically the rural areas of most states.  The densely populated cities is what saves the Democrat states aside from CA.  But stray from the densely populated urban areas in MD, VA, NY and other and you're likely to see a cultural shift.  

Just now, BurdineBandit said:

Stupid question amnesty: can someone clarify that the Senate vote to release the whistle blower complaint is really a vote for them to receive the complaint that was required by law to go to them directly anyway? Or to the congressional committee or whatever..... The White House isn't supposed to have this right now right? And in turn what is basically an advance notice of the shit storm to come..... Talk about a stacked deck (if I'm understanding this right)

They'll receive a version of it after the delays are done but it won't be the original.  

1 hour ago, Bevo Num1 said:
1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:
Maybe, but Russia will still lose because it's what they do. All their policy is based around bringing others down rather than bringing Russia up. The southern states do the same internally. Neither are necessary to expand economic and social advancement globally. They are really just economic and social hindrances and have no desire to be anything more than that. You really think Russia is going to jump in and fill a trade gap with the EU, China, or Japan?  The west and east coasts will just pick up where the US left off. Russia has nothing to offer anyone. 
In a decade after a breakup, LA, MS, and AL would be the economic equivalent of Haiti.  I'm not sure why we keep letting them shit in our Cheerios. 

Read more  

Russia = aggy

Russia won WWII more recently than aggy won a national championship.

9 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Hey your anti-American piece of shit, none of us believe impeachment will result in his removal from office. It’s the fucking principal of the matter. Trump doesn’t do anything for his constituents, he doesn’t do anything for America, and he doesn’t believe in anything this country stands for. Anybody in a position of power who stands by silently is a disgrace to everything we all believe in.

TLDR/ go fuck your own face. If you were actually born in this country, go fuck your fathers face and make sure he doesn’t breed another piece of shit like you.

Principle, I can understand why the Democrats in Congress would not be familiar with the proper spelling, or anything else associated with the word, but I doubt you are a member of Congress.

• Fuck You 2

10 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I'm already down for it actually. And I'd even prefer a breakup over Senate or EC reform. We can do a lot more for civil rights in the South through external pressure and sanctions. Instead, as it is, we let them fuck up civil rights nationwide. 

We may need Trump to win 2020 to do it though because some state needs to nut up and be the first to want out.  The things he is trying against CA aren't sustainable. Eventually they'll file for secession if it goes to far and it seems like the disenfranchisement of large population states is never going to reverse. The northeast will follow suit. Nobody will do shit about it either. The south will remember it never wanted to be part of America in the first place. 

Texas will be pretty crazy in the short term after a breakup, but cooler and more liberal heads will prevail, and Texas would be in a position to bank as an intermediate nation between a new NAU and Mexico. 

An EU style union with the Northeast, Canada, and the West Coast would be an economic dynamo and would allow coastal US cities to finally join Canadian and European cities in quality of life ratings. You could pay for the entire desired welfare state with the money those states bleed to red states alone. Not to mention the savings on military spending. Nobody is going to attack shit since everyone will have MAD.

That escalated quickly

10 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

If we want to further civil rights, we should get Trump to win in 2020.  ?

If we want to further civil rights and social reform, states should succeed.  ?

If civil rights and social reform are the goal,  suggest you push removing the GOP from the White House and senate as straightforward ends without introducing successionism/Russian talking points

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If the Senate had the votes to convict, they would force resignation.  

I feel like I'm the only one on earth that has thought this through. 

Theoretically, the Senate should never vote to convict a sitting president because the alternative of resignation is better for everyone involved. 

We are a day in to this and only the tiniest fraction of the facts are out.  That resignation can still be called for.  The information currently out there is what Trump wants out there and it's still damning as hell.  Something even more damning is going to come out.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hornmatic said:

Please let’s not turn this into the Geopolitical Realignment Thread 

Be careful with how you mention that word, we don't want those annoying BYU and UH posters showing up trying to desperately make a case for inclusion in the Big 12.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

schiff speaking now, "this is way worse than i even imagined.  i can't believe the white house released this transcript."

this is exactly the type of shit i (and many others) were hoping they would've said right after the mueller report.  time to start controlling the narrative.  for once.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

schiff speaking now, "this is way worse than i even imagined.  i can't believe the white house released this transcript."

this is exactly the type of shit i (and many others) were hoping they would've said right after the mueller report.  time to start controlling the narrative.  for once.

Exactly this.   And Schiff would have then, too, if not for Pelosi.  Yes, this scandal is more digestible on its face for the American public, but it's also more digestible than Hillary's emails or her connection to Benghazi, which were turned into scandals the public could understand by Republican messaging.   It may all work out because Trump just couldn't help himself from committing even worse crimes, but the Dems should have had this response when the Mueller report was released. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Exactly this.   And Schiff would have then, too, if not for Pelosi.  Yes, this scandal is more digestible on its face for the American public, but it's also more digestible than Hillary's emails or her connection to Benghazi, which were turned into scandals the public could understand by Republican messaging.   It may all work out because Trump just couldn't help himself from committing even worse crimes, but the Dems should have had this response when the Mueller report was released. 

they also need to start their response to "but this one phone call wasn't even that bad lol" bullshit that's already happening.

if the majority of the country doesn't know what the emoluments clause is all about by friday, then cnn and msnbc has dropped the ball.

two months ago, i posted this about the post-mueller presser that was a big, fat, nothing-burger.  the back half of the mueller report was far more scathing than this phone call, which is also plenty shitty.  maybe they're learning?

this should've been the scene today when they came out for their press conference:

all four walk out.  pelosi introduces everyone, then introduces schiff.

schiff : "it's been a long time coming, but today was everything we could've hoped for and more.  all the terrible crimes, all the obstruction, all the impeachable offenses, a virtual orgy of evidence.  i knew it would be bad for the president, but this was effing devastating.  it took everything i had not to burst out laughing and clapping during mr mueller's testimony, and i'm sure my fellow democrats feel the same way, as i'm sure many of you at home who love this country and are tired of the lies...therefore, nancy?"

pelosi: "we will be starting impeachment inquiries next week.  it will long and exhaustive, but it's what this country deserves.  i'd love to stick around and answer questions, but obviously, i have shit to do.  have a good afternoon, make sure to hydrate, it's hotter than hell out there."

mic drop.  walk out.  set the narrative, just like trump does every single fucking day.  put him and his idiots on the defensive.

most people really have no read on what actually happened today, who benefits from it, and who's affected by it.  so you know what you do?  you fucking tell them what happened.

then everyone who wasn't really paying attention would be forced to say, "well damn, i guess things really did go badly today for the president, i guess he's as dirty as they say."

the second they didn't do this ^^^^^^ was the second they lost this battle.  he's still incredibly unlikable, and he's still gonna have to pull off a magic act to work the electoral math (even though he'll probably lose by 6-8mm votes in the popular).  and btw, i would've had this speech written yesterday, and staged this scene regardless of what was said, short of mueller passing out in the first half-hour.

ridiculous, predictable, weak, and boring.

• Like 2

Don't see how dragging Biden and his family through the mud and disgraced is an upside. I don't want him to be the candidate, and I'd like to see him fall in the polls. But I don't like that this is the cause. Ideally, false allegations (which seems to be the case based on the actual facts) about his past work as VP and his son shouldn't be given enough weight to cause any significant change in polling. 

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The only upside I see to this inquiry is Biden and his family being dragged through the mud and disgraced.

i know this is all part of your bit, or whatever, but i bet this ends up being a positive for biden.  people who are considering biden already hate trump.  seeing trump abuse power to go after him would probably fire up this group (just like some think impeachment will fire up trump's base, which is something i disagree with).

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Principle, I can understand why the Democrats in Congress would not be familiar with the proper spelling, or anything else associated with the word, but I doubt you are a member of Congress.

I'm surprised to EMAW here--I thought he'd pop up only in the cartoon and meme threads from now on.

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Don't see how dragging Biden and his family through the mud and disgraced is an upside. I don't want him to be the candidate, and I'd like to see him fall in the polls. But I don't like that this is the cause. Ideally, false allegations (which seems to be the case based on the actual facts) about his past work as VP and his son shouldn't be given enough weight to cause any significant change in polling. 

Which allegations?  I would be shocked if Hunter did not obtain the job at Burisma without the help of his dad.