Oregon Governor sends state police to capture runaway senators

XYZ

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

So did they just use an old picture? Or was the whole thing a lie and there wasn’t even an armed group to begin with? I’m confused on how many lies need to be tallied here

Oh, there's an actual militia or two claiming to protecting the 11 GOP senators, and they claimed to show up at the capital.

The old picture was used by the Oregon GOP to show the militias meant business, but the picture had nothing to do with militias.

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, there's an actual militia or two claiming to protecting the 11 GOP senators, and they claimed to show up at the capital.

The old picture was used by the Oregon GOP to show the militias meant business, but the picture had nothing to do with militias.

I almost can't believe that their strategy was  to use a fake heavily armed mob to claim that Democrats were inside cowering in fear (to use their term), like the rest of the world wouldn't figure it out in 2.3 seconds. Almost. 

It's stupidity on a staggering level. 

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I almost can't believe that their strategy was  to use a fake heavily armed mob to claim that Democrats were inside cowering in fear (to use their term), like the rest of the world wouldn't figure it out in 2.3 seconds. Almost. 

It's stupidity on a staggering level. 

It isn't meant for us. Like everything the GOP does, it's for their base stuck inside the matrix.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

What the hell is your point you stupid fuck?

They still hold basically 1/3rd of the Oregon House, 40%of the Oregon Senate and a U.S. House Seat but cOnCeDeD

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

What the hell is your point you stupid fuck?

oregon.gop isn't The Republican Party.

here is the address listed on the website for oregon.gop .  Its a fucking insurance agency and dental office.

ttps://www.google.com/maps/place/752+Hawthorne+Ave+NE,+Salem,+OR+97301/@44.9402282,-122.9923278,74a,35y,65.03h,45.04t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x54bffedc6d94de27:0x5d8f09c1c3e23b92!8m2!3d44.9405844!4d-122.9915497

Not exactly the halls of power.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

oregon.gop isn't The Republican Party.

here is the address listed on the website for oregon.gop .  Its a fucking insurance agency and dental office.

ttps://www.google.com/maps/place/752+Hawthorne+Ave+NE,+Salem,+OR+97301/@44.9402282,-122.9923278,74a,35y,65.03h,45.04t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x54bffedc6d94de27:0x5d8f09c1c3e23b92!8m2!3d44.9405844!4d-122.9915497

Not exactly the halls of power.

It's Trump's main target for a flip in 2020.

This is pretty much a case study in the state of current politics:  The GOP flees the state to prevent a Climate Change bill vs. the Texas Dems fleeing the state 15 years ago to prevent themselves from literally being redistricted out of existence.

Edited by Bateshorn

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

This is pretty much a case study in the state of current politics:  The GOP flees the state to prevent a Climate Change bill vs. the Texas DEMS fleeing the state 15 years ago to prevent themselves from literally being redistricted out of existence.

I see you re-thought that post. LOL

• Fuck You 1

I thought it was pretty clear that was a joke. That’s obviously not a militia in the pictures. They’re not armed at all. In fact, they first tweeted the pic titling them as “protestors.” And if you look through their recent tweets, there’s multiple to the effect that there never was any militia, supposed “scary people” outside, etc. They’re mocking Dems.

Now, that doesn’t make it a GOOD joke.  (And it seems they might have misrepresented what they were protesting to begin with.) It’s definitely in poor taste.

Edited by formermav43
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I thought it was pretty clear that was a joke. That’s obviously not a militia in the pictures. They’re not armed at all. In fact, they first tweeted the pic titling them as “protestors.” And if you look through their recent tweets, there’s multiple to the effect that there never was any militia, supposed “scary people” outside, etc. They’re mocking Dems.

Now, that doesn’t make it a GOOD joke.  (And it seems they might have misrepresented what they were protesting to begin with.) It’s definitely in poor taste.

"haha you fell for our gaslighting" makes it a troll

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

"haha you fell for our gaslighting" makes it a troll

I guess so. I never would have expected anyone to fall for that if it weren’t for numerous examples on this page. It read as a bad joke to me from the beginning.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I guess so. I never would have expected anyone to fall for that if it weren’t for numerous examples on this page. It read as a bad joke to me from the beginning.

it is the official account, despite @Incredulity's protestations otherwise (see website and twitter address listed on the national party's website):

https://www.gop.com/leaders/states/OR

so, it's not a troll account.  it is a troll by the official republican party's twitter in a state where the republican party may be a joke, and this is the bad place.

Edited by elfenix

21 minutes ago, elfenix said:

it is the official account, despite @Incredulity's protestations otherwise (see website and twitter address listed on the national party's website):

https://www.gop.com/leaders/states/OR

so, it's not a troll account.  it is a troll by the official republican party's twitter in a state where the republican party may be a joke, and this is the bad place.

I’m not really disagreeing with you. I just thought it was an obvious bad joke from the start rather than a “troll.” Even a cursory glance at that pic showed it wasn’t an armed militia. But I agree that it’s not really appropriate for an official account to joke like that, especially given how many gullible people there are out there (#bothsides evidently).

13 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I’m not really disagreeing with you. I just thought it was an obvious bad joke from the start rather than a “troll.” Even a cursory glance at that pic showed it wasn’t an armed militia. But I agree that it’s not really appropriate for an official account to joke like that, especially given how many gullible people there are out there (#bothsides evidently).

i'm not disagreeing either, i'm trying to provide some clarifying context in the thread (especially after incredulity mucked it up).  not every reply is a counterpoint!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

Yeah, it was definitely a joke.  HOWEVA, being a southern moron, I associate any Rs from that part of the country with Ruby Ridge, so I can understand the confusion.

I saw an account by someone who decided to drive by the state Capitol building to see when this militia deal was going on and reported it might have have been 20 people total.  No disrespect to those protesting, but it was completely laughable.  A total farce in proportion to all the fanning going on.  No surprise an old photo from an unrelated protest is being used to mask the embarrassing lack of turnout by 'Oregon GOP' or whoever.

On 6/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, Parliament said:

Wisconsin's Legislature did the same around a decade ago.  Regardless of their political affiliation, it's cowardice.  

Abraham Lincoln did it too almost 200 years ago. Through an act of self defenestration. Obviously he was a coward because he let John Wilkes Booth kill him instead of ripping him apart with his superhuman strength that probably came from having literal bear arms. Also I just really wanted to use the phrase "self defenestration."

37 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Abraham Lincoln did it too almost 200 years ago. Through an act of self defenestration. Obviously he was a coward because he let John Wilkes Booth kill him instead of ripping him apart with his superhuman strength that probably came from having literal bear arms. Also I just really wanted to use the phrase "self defenestration."

If you kill as many vampires as Abe did it’s eventually going to catch up to you.