Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

25 minutes ago, Fud said:

Per Joe Cook who's visiting Manor today, Princely Unamananaman is currently 6-4.5, 260

Damn. That’s impressive. He carries the weight well. Kinda reminds of Sweat, in that he’s not super explosive but if he retains this level of athleticism at 290-300 lbs in college, he can be really valuable piece lining up at all 3 spots on the DL. 

his technique is rough and he stands straight up out of his stance a lot, but he looks like he has the flexibility and athleticism to fix that’s with better technique. One thing I noticed is that he lines up with his feet too far under him in his 3 point stance a lot of the time, so all he can do is stand up instead of explode forward. He had a few plays where he was feet were further back where he looked much more explosive. 

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/02/open-post-weekend-february-15th-17th/

2020 Weekend Visitors | Who’s Coming & Who Isn’t? 
– The Football Brainiacs

***2020 OT Cedric Melton (Klein Cain) – no Texas offer yet.

***2020 CB Joshua Eaton (Aldine MacArthur) – I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks up an offer this weekend. Eaton is a DB I really like who has seen his offer list blow up recently…

***2020 DB Myles Slusher (Broken Arrow, OK) – Slusher is the top defensive back out of Oklahoma. He holds a Texas offer and it sounds like the communication between Texas and Slusher has ramped up a bit.

***2020 RB Sevion Morrison (Edison – Tulsa, OK) – Electric running back who holds a number of offers. No Texas offer yet.

***2020 CB Ryan Watts (Little Elm) – Watts is a legit 6’2 cornerback. He has picked up a number of offers lately including a recent offer from Texas.

***2020 CB Dwight McGlothern (Trinity Christian School) – Holds a Texas offer.

***2020 WR JJ Hester (Booker T. Washington – Tulsa, OK) – Great wide receiver out of Oklahoma. Holds offers from Ohio State, OU and others.

***2020 WR Mookie Cooper (Trinity Catholic – St. Louis, MO) – Says he will visit this weekend with his former teammate and Texas signee, Marcus Washington.

***2020 DE Martez Poynter (Trinity Catholic – St. Louis, MO) – No Texas offer yet but will accompany Mookie and Marcus to Texas this weekend.U2020 4-star DB, 

*** Bryson Washington (C.E. King) also says he will be at Texas this upcoming weekend.

*** 2020 QB Hudson Card (Lake Travis) TEXAS – Don’t know how we missed putting this one on the list

*** 2020 WR Kieth Miller III (Colony) Right now his best offers are Texas Tech and Colorado, but it is early and he’s showing signs of being promising.

*** 2020 OL Smart Chibuzo (Fort Bend Hightower) TEXAS A&M – While he is committed currently to Texas, he will be in Austin this weekend for an unofficial visit.

*** 2020 OL Bradeon Nutter (Tomball Memorial)

*** 2020 BLB Robert Wooten (Stafford) Seems to be an early target for the Longhorns. He plays both defensive end and outside linebacker, so he’d likely be a B-Backer at Texas.

*** 2021 QB Preston Stone (Parish Episcopal) – The best quarterback in the 2021 class at this time. Has offers from everywhere. Looks the part on tape.

*** 2021 WR Shadrach Banks (North Shore) will be in Austin. Banks has offers from everywhere and it’s pretty obvious why that is when you turn on the film. May be the top receiver in the state fighting with…

*** 2021 WR Latrell Neville (Willowridge) – at 6’4″ 190-pounds, the dude is built like a prototypical receiver and has bunnies for feet.

*** 2021 OT Hayden Conner (Katy Taylor) – Might be the best offensive line prospect in the 2021 class at this time

*** 2021 DE Landon Jackson (Pleasant Grove) – at 6’5″ and 230-pounds, his film and frame sell him to be a very high ceiling defensive end.

*** 2021 DL Tunmis Adeleye (Tompkins) – Adeleye is a high profile target for the Texas’ defensive line in the 2021 class. He’s got the size, speed, and frame to play on any defensive line and succeed. His name also reminds me of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

*** 2022 DT  Jaydon Wannstedt (Lutheran Of St Charles – St. Louis, MO) – Another St. Louis boy headed on down to Austin. When you are 6’2″ 285-pounds and can squat 600 pounds as a freshmen, schools like Texas will open their doors.

*** 2020 OL Akinola Ogunbiyi (Kempner HS, Sugar Land, TX) Current Texas A&M commit will take an unofficial to Texas this weekend

*** 2020 DE Jason Harris out of Arizona will be in town all weekend. Have a write up about him posted.

*** Also, Texas DB offer, Xavion Alford plans on being in town as well.

Grad Transfer & JUCO Offensive Linemen Visiting
– Charlie S

*** As we mentioned previously, Virginia grad transfer RJ Proctor will be taking his official visit to Austin this weekend. I touched base with Proctor this morning and he confirmed he will be in Austin this weekend.

Proctor (6’4/335) saw the field for all 13 of UVA’s games during the 2018 season. He started five of those, three at right guard, two at left guard. The versatile lineman will be eligible to play immediately in 2019 as a graduate transfer.

Proctor has interest in Ohio State and Florida State and following his visit to Texas this weekend, he will visit OU on March 8th and should have a decision soon thereafter.

Willie Tyler’s Background | A Commitment Possibility
– Super K

*** JUCO Willie Tyler (Iowa Western CC) will be in Austin as well this weekend.

Tyler has an interesting story. He was a defensive lineman in high school who came out in the 2017 class. He went off to play defensive line at Garden City Community College in Kansas. But after growing two inches right out of high school, he was flipped to offensive line.

Tyler decided, immediately, to leave Garden City and didn’t play football that first fall. In the spring he went to Iowa Western where he not only came to terms with playing offensive line but decided it was time to really take his God given abilities seriously.

“My mentality changed. In high school I didn’t really take things as seriously as I should have. But I started listening to the people back home telling me about all the gifts and ability I had.”

This led Tyler to buckle down in school. On a normal two year track to graduate from Iowa Western he would be a December 2019 graduate. He made his mind, however, that he would finish earlier.

”I wanted to finish really fast. So, I stacked classes and set it up where I can finish in three semesters instead of four”.

This is, perhaps, the biggest reason Tyler has gone under the radar. It seems schools are only now beginning to find out that the 6’7 330 lb left tackle is going to be available to enroll somewhere this summer.

Recruiting

In his short recruitment, Tyler has, thus far, only take one official visit which was to Louisiana Tech. Tech offered Tyler while he was on the visit.

His relationship with Texas began back in December in some ways by mistake.

”Jake Langi started talking me on twitter. He liked my film and he said he was going to talk to the staff about me. The thing is, he thought because I was a December grad that I was about to graduate right then. Then when he realized I was supposed to graduate next December he said we need to slow things down”.

But then, when it became clear that Tyler would be able to graduate in May, Texas’ offensive line coach, Herb Hand started communicating with Tyler.

Tyler says coach Hand came out to see Tyler this past January.

Wherever Tyler ends up, he’ll have plenty of time to play. He will have four years to play three.

I asked Tyler, should Texas offer this weekend if a commitment was possible.

”If it has that at home feeling, I feel like I would definitely commit. I feel like nothing is set in stone there at the tackle spot. I know they have their right tackle but their left tackle left. I think there is an opportunity there for me to win a spot”.

Notebook | Finn, Dorbah, Brennon Scott, Princely
– Super K

*** Earlier this week Texas quietly hosted 2019 WR, Finnegan Corwin (Highland Park). Finn is a teammate of Prince Dorbah.

Finn is an incredible slot wide receiver that, for some reason, didn’t pick up offers. But a number of programs seem to believe he can come in as a PWO and earn a spot.

I’ve seen him play basketball and been out to a football game as well. I described him to Charlie as a cartoon-like player. He’s doing things instinctively and athletically that make opponents look silly.

Slot guys need to have a good sense of space in traffic and know how to adjust their routes. He does just that.

Lincoln Riley at OU and Chad Morris at Arkansas have been personally recruiting Corwin.

He’s already taken his visit to both OU and Arkansas. He took his visit to Texas yesterday and will announce his decision soon.

Before the Texas visit, it seemed a forgone conclusion that he’d en up at OU or Arkansas. He has siblings that go to OU. His quarterback at Highland Park is the son of coach Chad Morris.

But the Texas visit surprised him, “I had a blast. It was fun I wasn’t really expecting that”.

On his decision timeline, Finn says, “I’ll probably take a week to soak everything in; make sure I’m making the right decision in what best fits me”.

Corwin is the type of player who could legitimately earn a spot. I think coaches in the area are realizing it and are recruiting him like any other scholarship player.

Take a look for yourself… https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7932125/5c08300c042886177076d7e5

***Speaking of Prince Dorbah, I stopped by the school last week to see both him and Finn. Dorbah is clearly very high on Texas right now. He said Texas is outrecruiting a lot of the other big schools that have offered him.

I’ll need to go through my notes to get you all a full update. But I wanted to note that I came away from that conversation feeling good about where Texas is currently.

There is still a ways to go in this one though.

***I also stopped by to see 2020 LB, Brennon Scott (Bishop Dunne). I think it’s probably safe to say that Texas is the leader in this one.

I got the sense that it was an OU vs. Texas battle but the latest I’ve heard on the OU side is that they may be looking at some other prospects.

***2020 4-star defensive lineman, Princely Umanmielen (Manor) tells me he be at Texas this weekend for the junior day.

Princely was on campus last month as well and all these visits are probably a good sign for the Horns.

***A guy who keeps a pretty low profile but is an incredible athlete is 2020 WR, Quentin Johnston (Temple)

To get an idea of how low key Johnston is, he doesn’t even report his offers.

247sports lists him with six offers: Duke, Houston, Oklahoma, TCU, Tulsa and Virginia Tech.

He holds more than that but just doesn’t make it public. In fact, Temple High School’s Recruiting coordinator tells me that Texas has offered him.

Johnston is a two-sport guy. He’s an elite football and basketball player who will likely end up playing football.

Johnston tells me that he will visit Texas this weekend.

4-Star DE Jason Harris Visiting Texas
– Super K

This weekend, Texas will host 2020 4-star defensive end, Jason Harris out of Arizona (Higley HS).

Harris is a massive defensive end at around 6’7 or 6’8 and weighing around 220 lbs. He’s a two sport guy. Harris being courting by division one programs as both a basketball and football player.

His father, Sean, who played linebacker in college, was a third round draft pick out of Arizona to the Chicago Bears. His older brother is currently the starting OLB at Arizona. And, his mother was a starter on the basketball team at Arizona.

It may sound like Harris is destined to end up at Arizona. But that is certainly not a forgone conclusion.

I spent some time with Jason and Sean on my recent trip to Arizona and it was made pretty clear that they while the in-state programs have their attention, the family would like to see Jason at a school more known for their football programs, fan base, support and tradition.

Three out of state schools to keep an eye on in this battle are Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma.

The plan is to take unofficial visits to all three schools, Sean tells me. “Right now just trying to visit schools to see what he likes about the school, the staff and the scheme. It’s not going to be an easy decision but if he can get a feel for some of these schools and the environment, it’s goin to make his decision a little easier”.

This weekend’s Texas visit will be followed by an unofficial visit to Texas A&M and Oklahoma in April.

After that, looks for the family to narrow things down and either make a decision in the summer or set up official visits for the fall.

The family plans to arrive in Austin on Friday night and they’ll head back to Arizona Sunday afternoon. So, they’ll have plenty of time to really get a feel for the campus and the university.

33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/02/open-post-weekend-february-15th-17th/

*** Earlier this week Texas quietly hosted 2019 WR, Finnegan Corwin (Highland Park). Finn is a teammate of Prince Dorbah.

Finn is an incredible slot wide receiver that, for some reason, didn’t pick up offers. But a number of programs seem to believe he can come in as a PWO and earn a spot.

I’ve seen him play basketball and been out to a football game as well. I described him to Charlie as a cartoon-like player. He’s doing things instinctively and athletically that make opponents look silly.

lulz.  I played at highland park and I love the team but finn corwin is just another overachiever who is white as a sheet and runs a 4.7 forty at 160 lbs.  carbon copy of what HP has had for decades.  he could probably play in the ivy league.  writing about him on a recruiting website is fucking comical.  

1 minute ago, futureman said:

lulz.  I played at highland park and I love the team but finn corwin is just another overachiever who is white as a sheet and runs a 4.7 forty at 160 lbs.  carbon copy of what HP has had for decades.  he could probably play in the ivy league.  writing about him on a recruiting website is fucking comical.  

So he's a great PWO candidate and a teammate of one of our priority 2020 targets? Seems worthy of mention to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

Wow. Sounds like you think Finnegan's a Jake.

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

sure.  let’s just write articles about every white, lunch-pail type PWO candidate teammate of all our targets.

Do we need to conserve electrons or something? Anybody the coaches are thinking of bringing on a team I am interested in hearing about regardless of how offensive you find their Melanin levels.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Do we need to conserve electrons or something? Anybody the coaches are thinking of bringing on a team I am interested in hearing about regardless of how offensive you find their Melanin levels.

he’s 5’9” 165 and runs a 4.7 on his best day

and he’s white

he's completely and totally irrelevant.  he doesn’t factor into dorbah’s recruitment.

18 minutes ago, futureman said:

he’s 5’9” 165 and runs a 4.7 on his best day

and he’s white

he's completely and totally irrelevant.  he doesn’t factor into dorbah’s recruitment.

He might be. Most of what we discuss on this board turns out to be completely and totally irrelevant. But we did host him on campus and he might end up on the team next season, good enough for me to at least be aware of him. The coaches might see something in him we don't.

But yeah unless he and Prince Dorbah are best friends and/or their dads were roommates in college I don't think Dorbah is going to be influenced by where this Finnegan dude goes to play.

Edited by Valmy77

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

Welp, Finnegan just got murdered. Anyone know when the wake is? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He might be. Most of what we discuss on this board turns out to be completely and totally irrelevant. But we did host him on campus and he might end up on the team next season, good enough for me to at least be aware of him. 

But yeah unless he and Prince Dorbah are best friends and/or their dads were roommates in college I don't think Dorbah is going to be influenced by where this Finnegan dude goes to play.

Completely agree.  Love the focus on the PWO program and enjoy reading the news on anyone and everyone contributing to the program.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I’m not on-board with going after Preston Stone unless he somehow changes his name. Preston is too boarding school. Stone doesn’t have any pizazzz. Preston Stone is too repetitive. No Heisman in his future. Fix it. Fix it now.

Lets see if you can get on board with not going after the #1 QB in the country because his dad is a fuckstick. 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

*** 2022 DT  Jaydon Wannstedt (Lutheran Of St Charles – St. Louis, MO) – Another St. Louis boy headed on down to Austin. When you are 6’2″ 285-pounds and can squat 600 pounds as a freshmen, schools like Texas will open their doors.

So, not Dave's kid?

DorH3wkU8AAF12P.jpg

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

***Speaking of Prince Dorbah, I stopped by the school last week to see both him and Finn. Dorbah is clearly very high on Texas right now. He said Texas is outrecruiting a lot of the other big schools that have offered him.

I’ll need to go through my notes to get you all a full update. But I wanted to note that I came away from that conversation feeling good about where Texas is currently.

WTF???!?  Does this guy not realize that he's a professional writer?  OR should at least be trying to act like one?

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m not on-board with going after Preston Stone unless he somehow changes his name. Preston is too boarding school. Stone doesn’t have any pizazzz. Preston Stone is too repetitive. No Heisman in his future. Fix it. Fix it now.

I don't think we're only focused on him. Plenty of QB prospects and time at this point, so nothing's pressed on stone.

Edited by KYHorn

IT

Texas will have a number of prospects on campus both Saturday and Sunday. We'll have you taken care of with as much coverage as the school will allow.

Joe and I will also be at what looks to be a loaded Under Armour camp on Sunday.

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (Austin, TX) TEXAS: The quarterback for UT's 2020 class is starting to assert himself in the recruiting community. He's a likable dude with elite mechanics, who will only climb rankings after a spin on the camp circuit. He has already identified must-get guys - Evans, Lindberg - and will be a fine players rep this weekend.

QB Cameron Peters, Stafford (Stafford, TX): Stafford has a few guys coming in.

RB Tahj Brooks, Manor (Manor, TX) - TULSA: The three-star tailback from down the road holds offers from Colorado, Boston College, Duke, and Tulsa. Teammate and UT target Princely Umanmielen will be with him. Could be a RB2 for Texas or a RB1 for someone. Good player.

RB Mookie Cooper, Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO): The four-star all-purpose everything from St. Louis will return to Austin this weekend. Cooper openly admits his admiration for the Texas and he'll have UT signee Marcus Washington riding along with him. It's the beginning of the Trinity Christian pipeline. Ohio State looks to be an early threat for the Longhorns. Great to see Washington make the trip.

RB Kendall Milton, Buchanan (Clovis, CA) – February 23rd: One of the nation's top running backs, Milton is looking east like a lot of the top prospects out west. Texas, OU, and a few SEC schools will likely get visits. Great balance of speed and power with offers from almost everyone.

RB Sevion Morrison, Edison (Tulsa, OK): The best way to associate the IQ of Edison within the state is to name a school after him. A tier-one running back for tie-two schools if that make sense. Holds telling offers from Arkansas, Iowa State, Baylor, and Utah. Long-speed is evident. Just good enough to catch your attention as a visitor.

RB D’Aunte Prevost, Bowie (Arlington, TX): Good back but in a loaded class.

WR Troy Omiere, Fort Bend Austin (Missouri City, TX) - March 9th: The 6-foot-4, 205-pound wideout is one of the state's best for a reason. His size and stride are prototypical, he attacks the ball, and he owns just enough speed to leave you. His 28 offers - Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, LSU, and Ohio State - speak for itself. It looks to be a UT-A&M battle with the Ags holding the edge. UT has a plan to pitch him, let's see if it works. Good to get him back on campus.

WR Quentin Johnston, Temple (Temple, TX): Newly minted with an offer, the hyper-athletic wideout will make the short trip this weekend. I'd be fine with a drama-free recruitment similar to that of his high school quarterback, Jared Wiley.

WR Javian Hester, Booker T. Washington (Tulsa, OK): The best way to associate the IQ of Washington within the state is to name a school after him. Celebrated Valentine's Day with a Georgia offer. Natural with good size. Offer that man.

WR Caleb Medford, Henderson (Henderson, TX) - March 9th: Silky smooth athlete with speed and quickness for days. Good overall athlete, plays basketball and runs track, and his confidence grows by the day too. At 6-foot-3, 185, this guy would fit right in with the Big 12 cast of receivers. Don't let him go to TCU or Oklahoma State. To settle a debate, Eric actually asked him what his best round of golf is. 74.

WR Keith Miller, The Colony (The Colony, TX): The state produced some big wide receivers for the class and Miller is another example. At 6-foot-4, 200 pounds, he's sure-handed in his highlights and a mismatch to most he faces on Friday nights. Washington State, Kansas State, Colorado, and Texas Tech have offered already.

TE Shamar Thomas, Kountze (Kountze, TX): The small town athlete excels in all sports at the basketball-first school. At 6-foot-2, 200+, he's got some ability and potential playing tight end, but I'm not sure if he's not a defensive player on the gridiron.

TE Bayne Tryon, Cy-Fair (Cypress, TX): On the smaller side which means he's a good receiver. Solid blocking mechanics.

OC Braedon Nutter, Memorial (Tomball, TX): Kid could easily play at Texas but the staff already has two center candidates committed. Timing is poor for Braedon. I'm a fan.

OL Smart Chibuzo, Fort Bend Hightower (Missouri City, TX) TEXAS A&M: The future college guard is an imposing figure at 6-foot-5, 320 pounds, who plays with good pad level and strength. He committed to Texas A&M last June when Jimbo decided to load up on sophomore guards and will be attending along with fellow Aggie o-line pledge Akinola Ogunbiyi. (read below)

OL Cedric Melton, Klein Cain (Houston, TX): The staff likes the raw upside here but like with Nutter, numbers make it tough.

OL Akinola Ogunbiyi, Fort Bend Kempner (Sugar Land, TX) TEXAS A&M: Another early commit to Jimbo Fisher last summer, the four-star is talented and also a future college guard. Good feet, he's just a couple of inches from being a really good tackle prospect.

OL RJ Proctor, Virginia grad transfer: At 6-foot-4, 326, Proctor suffered a knee injury last fall and missed the season opener. He did start six games including the Belk Bowl victory over South Carolina. Proctor is looking for the basics: Specific culture, starting job, and opportunity to play in the NFL. He "loves everything about coach Hand." "We talk fundamentals all the time," said Proctor. "I got introduced to his technique my junior season and have been using it ever since. Smart guy, good coach, and better person. He knows the game," Proctor gushed about the Texas OL coach. He'll see Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Florida State over the next few months. But his focus is on Texas this weekend. We believe Texas would take Proctor and Parker Braun if they can get them. Braun would be a sure-fire starter and Procter would likely start as well.

OL Willie Tyler, Iowa Western C.C: The 6-foot-7, 330-pound project from Iowa Western via Racine, WS has four years to play three and seems more like a contingency for how the grad transfer market shakes out or potential surprise attrition later in the spring.

DT Caleb Fox, The Woodlands (The Woodlands, TX): Hmmm. A true nose is probably an every-other-cycle take for this staff which means they may want one this cycle. This kid is going to be a good college player.

DT Sawyer Goram-Welch, Longview (Longview, TX): It was only a matter of time before SGW started getting noticed. His growth at Longview was obvious, physically and mentally. He was an anchor on the d-line for the 5A state champs. Texas Tech, Baylor, La Tech, and Kansas have offered in the last two weeks. That list will grow. With the staff working on an ideal class it's hard to know where he fits on the priority chart for the DL.

DT Kendall Johnson, South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX): Solid player but lack of length will be a killer for his recruitment.

DE Martez Poynter, Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO): #66 looks funny on a defensive lineman but Poynter can play. Good contingency option.

DE Devin Grant, Antonian Prep (San Antonio, TX): #28 on a defensive end? This class is out of control. If he's legitimately 6-foot-4, 245, this dude is one to watch.

DE Jason Harris, Higley (Gilbert, AZ): Profiles as an edge bender. UT normally takes interior-types for d-end but Harris knows how to get to the quarterback. Texas is trying to make moves in Arizona. Give him something to think about.

DE DeSanto Rollins, Trinity Episcopal Day School (Natchez, MS): He's already been invited to the spring game too. Another upside player.

DE Princely Umanmielen, Manor (Manor, TX): One of UT's most intriguing targets in 2020, the defensive line prospect has size (6'4, 245) with room to hold down multiple spots in Orlando's defensive front. He's close too, which I think helps Texas fighting off OU, Arkansas, TCU, and Colorado among others.

DE Robert Wooten, Stafford (Stafford, TX): Violent, explosive football player. He brings hat every snap and uses every ounce of his 6-foot-3, 233-pound stature to inflict pain on opponents. The three-star ranking and sparse offer sheet - A&M, Vanderbilt, Syracuse, Texas Tech - are misleading. But more schools (Alabama, Florida, LSU) coming around and beginning to think he's a take. "Man, it's been crazy lately. I always loved Texas and am really looking forward to seeing them," Wooten said. He's also running the 400 and 300 hurdles, while throwing the discus, thus the @malaise wow. Coach Orlando and coach Giles stay in touch with the B-backer.

LB Corey Flagg, Galena Park North Shore (Houston, TX): Throwback linebacker in the Rashad Bobino mold, maybe a little quicker. Not sure if Texas would be his spot ultimately, but he'll play at the next level and likely succeed there. They keep requesting he visit so they like him.

LB Jeremiah Harris, Shadow Creek (Pearland, TX): Had this to say about where he lives: "What the f*** is a turnbo?" Pretty athletic 'backer with good early offers. Numbers will be tough.

LB Adrian Johnson, Fort Bend Ridge Point (Missouri City, TX): Classic ILB with tons of pop in his hips. Similar to to Chad Bailey from the 2018 cycle. Same school.

CB Joshua Eaton, Aldine MacArthur (Houston, TX): One of the best kept secrets in Texas won't be for long. The 6-foot-2, 195-pound corner is close to the total package; premium size/speed at a premium position with a premium work ethic. He'll have 30 offers (OU, TCU early) before Thanksgiving, and Texas will likely be one in the next 24-48 hours. Eaton is even arriving today for some extended time before the JD weekend kicks off Saturday morning. "I've been having these great conversations with coach Washington for weeks now. He's my main man at UT," said Eaton about the Texas CB coach. But no matter what happens, he's "staying in the lab, keep working on my craft and technique". He'll be in the running for state's top corner for 2020.

CB Dabari Hawkins, Stafford (Stafford, TX): Stafford never lacks for athletes. 6-foot-3 with a bit of twitch and a Vanderbilt offer. Kid has a lot going for him.

CB Jalen Kimber, Mansfield Timberview (Arlington, TX): One of the better corners in-state, Kimber has some enticing tools and a 6-foot-1 frame. His offer list suggests he's better than his three-star ranking - Alabama, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Michigan among the 20+ invitations. Such is the premium on loose hips and good feet. Texas liked him enough to offer, but unsure how much they're pushing right now. Hearing Texas A&M looks good here early, so there's that. Don't sleep on TCU.

CB Dwight McGlothern, Trinity Christian (Cedar Hill, TX): The long, lanky defensive back is traveling with the Fast 7 group to Austin. Though there's ability here, I can think of many others with more upside and take-ability; Josh Eaton, Kelee Ringo, Jaylon Jones, and Ryan Watts, come to mind.

CB Myles Slusher, Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, OK): One of the more versatile defensive backs that holds a Texas offer, Slusher came on the scene last spring with strong Under Armour and satellite camp showings. I'm thinking nickel would be his ideal spot.

CB Ryan Watts, Little Elm (Little Elm, TX): Big corner with with good upside. Texas recently offered and he's hyped up for the visit. He'll also visit LSU this weekend.

S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek (Pearland, TX): After seeing Alford up close at the 5A state championship it was obvious that he played all over the secondary with relative ease. He lined up at corner, nickel, and safety on occasions, and that versatility is why his offer sheet - 30+ offers like Florida, LSU, Michigan, Penn State, and A&M - ignited in the last two months. He's a safety in burnt orange and his 6-foot-1, 190-pound frame is almost Dakari Pearson-ish.

S Abner Dubar, Anna (Anna, TX): Solid player. The depth of this class is head-turning.

S Bryson Washington, C.E. King (Houston, TX): He's big, bad and plays the safety position the right way; like a junkyard dog. At 6-foot-2, almost 200 lbs, the four-star has really caught UT's attention. Co-DC, Safeties coach Naivar has seen this guy multiple times already in 2019 and I don't see that slowing down. The 20 offers - Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State - only tell part of the story. He's got special athletic traits, Tyler Owens-like. He's also got a decision timeline; July 4th. UT will be in it until the end and hopefully Naivar has an extra reason for shooting fireworks that night.

ATH Kitan Crawford, John Tyler (Tyler, TX): Crawford does many things at John Tyler HS and he does them all fast. Home-run type tailback, good hips at corner, and does damage on the track. The 6-foot-0, 190-pound athlete has only recently started getting noticed, with Texas his biggest offer by far. The UT staff likes him at cornerback.

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

From the look of his picture today, I don't see why it can't mostly be 

I saw the same picture. I suspect (hope) that his playing weight come fall will be lower.

Regardless, McKnight should cut it down / build him back up in the off-season. I just don't see what there is to be excited about him having already shot up to 260 in mid-February, from a playing weight of 240 lbs as a junior last December.

Edited by satyanash
  • Fuck You 3