Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

13 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

This is Leah Knight's chance to learn about landing a top 3 class from BC

Lets see if he can manage to not be misogynistic, condescending and sexually offensive to the ladies in attendance. I know this seems like an impossible task if you're Jim Turner, but I'm confident Carrington is up to the challenge.  

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lets see if he can manage to not be misogynistic, condescending and sexually offensive to the ladies in attendance. I know this seems like an impossible task if you're Jim Turner, but I'm confident Carrington is up to the challenge.  

What's the problem?

Texas-AM-Football-.jpg

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Kimber is pretty polished and reads routes well, but I have questions about his overall athleticism. 

Agreed. that dude can play CB right now, really good technique and has a lot of value in being able to play right away but I am worried about his frame. He's so slight and his shoulders are very narrow. His recruitment is going to be very interesting. 

23 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

It remains unbelievable to me that less than five years ago that slideshow was (1) created, (2) okayed, and (3) presented to a roomful of strangers.

And was uniformly defended on Texags.  Women in the past thought it was funny. Like they could distinguish uncomfortable laughter from guffawing.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

IT/Nahlin: 2020 Vision Part II: Names (SIAP)

Reveal hidden contents

Now that we have an idea of what kind of numbers the staff is working with for the Class of 2020, let's take another look at the current names pinging the radar the hardest.

Remember, tier one in-state athletes and tier one out-of-state athletes are the staff's mindset. We saw how aggressively they recruited outside of the state's borders last cycle and we're seeing a continuation of that. This cycle will differ from the last, however, in that many out-of-state pursuits won't be out of necessity, it will be out of practicality.

Below you'll get an idea of the current big board. It's not set in stone, rather it will evolve throughout the spring. This is a huge couple of months for the staff as they try to make excellent first impressions with first-time visitors, while also solidifying the school at the top of the wish list of those who are already on a first-name basis.

Texas hosted an Elite Day in late January that gave us a clear picture of the top targets. This weekend they'll host more of a cattle call, though numerous priorities will attend with some new ones likely emerging.

Here's how I view the main targets at this early juncture.

(Refer to the Prospect Board if interested in the school a particular player attends)

QUARTERBACK: 1-2

In-state: Texas is thrilled to have a commitment from Hudson Card but numbers could dictate the need for another take. For now, the staff is set on recruiting talented athletes, Ja'Quinden Jackson and Michael Henderson as 'quarterbacks first.' It's a good plan and because of the versatility of Jackson and Henderson, all three players would tuck neatly into the class.

Out-of-state: After landing Bryce Young's favorite target in Bru McCoy, I would stay involved in that recruitment if he's at all interested. He's committed to USC, which as it turns out doesn't mean a whole lot these days. It's a solid little place-holder school, imvho.

Comment: Texas will keep tabs on numbers and needs at the position throughout the cycle but right now its intentions are pretty clear.

(Prediction: Hudson Card will continue rising up the ranks and it will be blamed on media conspiracy when really it will be about people understanding that beautiful release and arm)

RUNNING BACK: 2

In-state: All commentary at the position begins with someone we've been talking about for over a year: Zachary Evans. He's the belle of the ball and the nation's No. 1 composite player. It will be a hotly contested recruitment that won't conclude until the end of the cycle. Because of that and because of needs, Texas has to recruit this position strategically. Options are too good both in-state and nationwide for Stan Drayton to not land an elite running back.

Jase McClellan is another five-star feature back the staff has interest in. Tom Herman spent a lot of time personally recruiting McClellan during Elite Day. Despite his commitment to OU, I hear he has legitimate interest in Texas and that was certainly the case prior to his commitment to the Sooners.

Seth McGowan is another talented runner with an offer but UT failed to make his top eight. I basically called this scenario when he was offered. Texas would have to recruit him like a #1, but because they didn't view him that way it wasn't going to happen. He's too good to be put in the corner, but not good enough to put in the spotlight.

Ty Jordan is both a complementary back and one who could shoulder a bigger load. He's explosive and well-built and would make a fine RB2 in the class. It remains to be seen just how hard the staff will press. This is the type of class that should see them looking for an elite RB1 and a very good RB1 at a minimum.

Out-of-state: Despite the talented roster of in-state prospects the staff is looking East to West.

Five-star Kendall Milton is supposed to make the trip from Fresno to Austin within the next week. He'll also visit Norman which will surely remind him of home. Texas has a chance to make some headway here. (No, I don't see UT landing two five-stars in the class)

Other runners from beyond the border who will visit in the coming months are Sam Adams, Bijan Robinson, and Jo'Quavious Marks. Adams is an Aggie legacy but he grew up in Washington. Robinson and Marks are from two areas where UT is trying to expand its footprint: Arizona and Georgia respectively.

More running backs who hold an offer may visit but those are the ones I've heard will make the trip.

Comment: Landing any of the five-stars makes the class a success but Evans is the No. 1 RB1. Land a five-star and everything else is a bonus.

WIDE RECEIVER: 2-3

In-state: The class is loaded at the top with Demond Demas and Troy Omeire, but things get a little lonely for those two after that. I, like many others, am fond of Temple's Quentin Johnston but he hasn't been offered.

Demas is committed to A&M and looking 10 months ahead I think that will hold, sort of like Javonne Shepherd but in favor of the black hats.

Troy Omeire is one the staff views as a great fit to replace Collin Johnson, but he's leaning A&M at this point too. At some point the staff will apprise him of the fact Devin Duvernay was about as productive as A&M's leading wide receiver in 2018. @stringsays will say that's because A&M accrued half of its season's passing yardage and points on a short field versus LSU but I think it's deeper than that.

Beyond Demas and Omeire there is a handful of receivers the staff likes but doesn't love, and in a small class, they're going to take their time and look nationally.

There is also Ja'Quinden Jackson who could potentially end up as an LJH-type slot. The staff has also offered Keaontay Ingram's brother, Kelvontay Dixon, who could be a wide receiver or defensive back. I like him at Z.

Out-of-state: Recall the 2018 cycle when the staff ambitiously pursued tight end Mustapha Muhammad. I mentioned at the time that UT had everything going for it except 'usage on display'. Since Herman's arrival, his staff has put together good usage of every single position on the field (some more than others). The more players that experience success at a position, the easier it is to sell that position to recruits. It makes it even easier when a prospect being recruited is presented with immediate opportunity.

That preamble is directed towards five-star Southern California receiver Johnny Wilson. It's cliche to compare Player X to UT Player Y, but damn if he isn't eerily similar to Collin Johnson. Wilson is supposed to visit in March. Hope that Bru McCoy is loving his time in Austin because that sure won't hurt. UT is in Wilson's top five along with Ohio State, Washington, UCLA, and Oregon. This recruitment is certainly winnable but he doesn't plan to announce until late in the cycle. That's fine, if the staff can be selective that means the staff can be patient.

St. Louis' Mookie Cooper can be considered a running back or receiver but I think he's clearly a slot receiver in the eyes of the staff. UT has been in a good position for him dating back to last summer. He's expected back on campus this weekend.

Comment: Texas can afford to be selective and so far has only extended seven offers at the position. The goal should be to find a clear fit at each spot. X and H already have clearly defined targets.

TIGHT END: 1-2

In-state: The aforementioned Michael Henderson is being recruited with TE/H-back in mind in case quarterback doesn't work out. Expect UT to be judicious at this position as well to allow time to turn over every rock. There are plenty of guys to evaluate.

Out-of-state: Stud Washington product DJ Washington says he intends on visiting but doesn't have a date set yet.

Ryan King from Kenyatta Watson's high school has an offer. He's listed as a wide receiver but could grow into a tight end.

Comment: Texas doesn't lack for numbers or young talent so the patient approach is wise. Based on my familiarity with evaluating senior film the last ten years, they'd have no trouble finding a very good in-state option late if need be.

OFFENSIVE LINE: 5

In-state: Texas has an ideal class for the taking, with Logan Parr and Jake Majors already committed. Two down, three to go and Texas is in good standing with Jaylen Garth, Chad Lindberg, and Damieon George. 

Helping matters further, should Texas miss on George there are a number of viable back-up plans in-state and elsewhere. Many are even better options but he comes with special considerations.

UT needs to close the deal with Garth and Lindberg. I feel great on Garth but will have to wait and see how much Lindberg enjoys his trip to Stanford next month. For now I remain optimistic but I'll be curious how that visit goes.

Out-of-state: Texas has already hosted Chris Morris and him taking an official visit wouldn't surprise me. A visit from Seth McLaughlin, should the staff push, wouldn't surprise either. Recently the staff targeted Arizona once again by extending an offer to Tosh Baker. His mother attended UT. He'd be an intriguing tackle take and who doesn't like those.

Comment: Offensive line recruiting is currently running on schedule.

DEFENSIVE LINE: 4

In-state: It may not be the ideal class, simply because Arizona's Jason Harris is a monster, but UT could land four from in-state and live happily ever after.

Vernon "It's Already Been" Broughton is probably going to end up a five-star and UT is right there for his services. A&M has entered the picture and I'm still trying to figure out just how genuine of a threat the Ags are. I've written a ton about him and I don't think he goes far from home. He can play anywhere on the d-line. He's special.

Prince Dorbah would be the slicing, dicing, edge rusher for the class. He's seen as a Texas/Oklahoma battle. Recently he told a reporter that OU hasn't been recruiting him as hard since the hiring of Alex Grinch. I'd love to know the reasoning. My lone concern with Dorbah has been whether or not he's a fit for a three-man front. Texas has no such concerns so you shouldn't either.

Alfred Collins is a Longhorn legacy and the ideal 4i defensive end. He's explosive for the position but also has the desired length. UT looks good but he's another one where A&M is hanging around.

Princely Umanmielen is what I'm talking about when I say the staff prefers to grow their interior prospects. He's the T'Vondre Sweat of the class when it comes to fit and projection.

Out-of-state: Jason Harris from Arizona is visiting UT next weekend. Given UT's scheme I imagine the sell will be for B-backer in order to highlight his arc-running abilities.

Comments: Land Broughton and Collins and the d-line is guaranteed to earn an "A" from me.

LINEBACKER: 2-3

In-state: Slim pickings in-state, but what's new?

Texas has offered Brennon Scott who I'm a big fan of. He can do pretty much whatever is asked of him. If something sinks him as a player, it won't be lack of physicality or movement skills. He's visiting this weekend and that's pretty big. UT has some momentum here. I hope they get him.

Texas likes, but doesn't love Cy Creek's Josh White. 

One to watch is Stafford's Robert Wooten as a B-backer. He could emerge as someone who is too good to pass on.

Out-of-state: Justin Flowe is the best linebacker in the country unless you talk to our friend who resides just outside of the country. He'll visit along with his highly rated younger brother later this spring. With USC caught in the undertow anything is possible here.

Texas will also receive a visit from Seattle's Sav'ell Smalls. Right now I have him as a B-backer because that's how you recruit him. He could grow into a 4i which would suit his movement skills better.

Comments: Like with wide receiver the plan here is to be selective and take the temperature of primary targets. After guys like Flowe and Smalls visit the staff will have a better idea of how to attack the cycle.

One thing to remember is the myriad prospects who may best project to linebacker but don't currently play the position in high school. Those players come with risk but having just landed four linebackers the staff can roll the dice if it comes down to it.

DEFENSIVE BACK: 5

In-state safety: Probably the hardest number to manage in the cycle is safety. Reasons for that are two-fold: there are a lot of them, and some may be linebackers long term.

The staff is recruiting Bryson Washington like he's a priority and if that continues they're the favorites. He has great size and speed and could fit a number of roles. He looks the part of the current Texas safety.

Chris Thompson is another priority. He played a linebacker-ish role this past season for the State runner-ups but still looks like a safety in college. Thompson just got back from Clemson and will make a number of visits before a possible summer announcement. He hasn't been on campus in a while and the staff needs to address that. Of course they'll have the pulse of this recruitment.

The staff recently offered Xavion Alford who probably had the best safety tape in the state. He's the owner of some serious twitch and coverage skills making nickel a possibility. He's visiting Austin this weekend. A&M is the early perceived leader but let's see how the next couple of days go.

Highly rated Dwight McGlothern will visit on Saturday. The staff's pursuit of him doesn't entirely reconcile with his rating but Craig Naivar was recruiting him dating back to when McGlothern was attending New Caney.

My feeling is the staff has backed off Darius Snow. Clean fits matter and he doesn't have one. It would be different if he said he was fine playing linebacker but that isn't the case. He would be too one-dimensional as a box player if he remained at safety.

Out-of-state safety: The staff should be able to load up at home, but just in case...

Arizona's Lathan Ransom is the main safety target from outside of Texas. He's a less twitchier Caden Sterns, meaning they can line him up in a number of roles. Ransom is naturally bigger, too. He'll visit this spring and his father has a close friend who lives in the area. Hopefully its Matthew McConaughey. Each Arizona kid helps with the next, and with Ransom being friends with Kelee Ringo you try and build a consensus with players from the state. Put Jake and Brayden and the rest of the lacrosse team on them.

Clark Phillips plays corner but would be a nickel for Texas. Tellingly, Craig Naivar has been recruiting him. Phillips left UT out of his top twelve but that's mainly a function of being later to offer. He says he'll visit and that's all that matters.

In-state corner: It's a down year for the position in-state, which means there are only numerous solid options rather than great ones.

Texas will host new offers Ryan Watts and Jahari Rogers this weekend. Watts seems very high on UT and would serve as the true-corner version of Jaylon Jones. Rogers is an electric athlete but is also an OU legacy.

Another player who should make it in is Jalen Kimber, who profiles similarly to Marcus Banks at this same time last year. He's high on A&M.

I like each but none blow me away. Watts would probably be my preference of this group, but the staff is looking hard out-of-state and getting positive feedback.

Watch for Aldine MacArthur corner Joshua Eaton to potentially receive an offer. He may have more upside than any corner in the state and he's been on an offer-tear.

Out-of-state corner: Absent an elite in-state talent, the staff is looking across the entire panorama for a lead corner.

Five-star Kelee Ringo has visited twice and Texas will get an official visit. That's about all you can ask for in a recruitment like that. It doesn't hurt having Bryant Westbrook for a high school coach. Westbrook of course was not a Texas native either, which helps the pitch.

Oklahoma four-star Myles Slusher is expected on campus this weekend. Pulling him from that territory would be difficult but get him to campus and see what happens.

Jason Washington has been on two high upside Florida corners in five-star Fred Davis and future top-1oo Jahquez Robinson. While I bet they visit, especially Robinson, I don't see Texas as legitimate threats at this point.

The staff also went back to Buford, Georgia, the school they signed Derrian Brown out of in 2019. T Lee is currently committed to Arizona State but will visit campus.

CLOSING

If I didn't list a player it doesn't mean the staff isn't recruiting him, but this is my view of the Big Board from the outside looking in.

How many times did I write the term 'five-star'? Indeed, this should be an exceptional class but the staff has a ton of work ahead of it. There's no time to start like the presen

It's a good write-up. I'll throw out some thoughts.

1) Here's a live look-in at Hudson Card: 

tiny-hands-alt-640x533.jpg

2) The search for a TE isn't over, for sure. There's a potential guy out of Arkansas as well. I think this is one where if they can't get a true bad ass, they take on a raw materials guy in the fall that shows up on the radar late. I'd love for Henderson to be groomed into Anthony Beck's role, as he'd be a fit and more athletic/fast in that spot.

3) Broughton is a Slick Willie Lyles special. The $9.95ers should ask around and confirm, but I'm pretty certain at this point. Does that mean Texas won't get him? No. Does that mean this won't be a straightforward recruitment? Yes. While he may stay in the vicinity of home, do not count out vists to SEC shitholes, Oregon, Illinois and Ohio State. Magically Baylor could get an unofficial. I'm not pessimistic here, but for those who haven't been around as long as a lot of us, just dropping in some expectation setting.

4) Josh White is a damned good football player, but apparently isn't yet worth an offer because an inch shorter than presumed. I am not critical of this staff's evaluations, but this one is irritating to me as a recruitnik. Give me some guys that can play and want to go to Texas first and foremost. I don't want to hear about 35 guys in the transfer portal every winter. 

5) Take this FWIW, but one of my good friends with no Texas affiliation but in this kind of business does not really like Smalls, at least at the 5 star level. He probably winds up on the line and the 4 DLs in-state that Texas likes are all high potential guys for having championship physical dimensions and they can all play. 

6) Conversely, supposedly Clark Philips is a perfect fucking NB/return man. He's not 6 foot, but who gives a fuck with his explosiveness? He's close enough to it. Believe the hype, apparently. 

7) Collins has a close relative working inside the AD. He's a legacy. This guy should already be a public commitment. I'm guessing that other staff members have to step in and help out eventually, per the Giles usual. Ridiculous. But hey, he'll continue to sky rocket in the rankings until he commits. 

8 ) I don't think anyone has a fucking clue what the plan is at CB besides going all-in on Ringo. It wouldn't shock me if we saw a commitment this weekend, and it also wouldn't shock me if not a single CB in attendance this weekend ever receives a major push to commit from Texas. 

9) If they want a commitment or two coming out of this, I have to believe Dixon gets a push. 

10) Speaking of Dixon, I think he's the only in-state WR Texas lands this cycle unless they crack the code with Omeire. 

Edited by closetojumping
fucking image shit
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Here's a live look-in at Hudson Card: https://goo.gl/images/xVQpiM

2) The search for a TE isn't over, for sure. There's a potential guy out of Arkansas as well. I think this is one where if they can't get a true bad ass, they take on a raw materials guy in the fall that shows up on the radar late. I'd love for Henderson to be groomed into Anthony Beck's role, as he'd be a fit and more athletic/fast in that spot. 

3) Broughton is a Slick Willie Lyles special. The $9.95ers should ask around and confirm, but I'm pretty certain at this point. Does that mean Texas won't get him? No. Does that mean this won't be a straightforward recruitment? Yes. While he may stay in the vicinity of home, do not count out vists to SEC shitholes, Oregon, Illinois and Ohio State. Magically Baylor could get an unofficial. I'm not pessimistic here, but for those who haven't been around as long as a lot of us, just dropping in some expectation setting. 

4) Josh White is a damned good football player, but apparently isn't yet worth an offer because an inch shorter than presumed. I am not critical of this staff's evaluations, but this one is irritating to me as a recruitnik. Give me some guys that can play and want to go to Texas first and foremost. I don't want to hear about 35 guys in the transfer portal every winter.  

5) Take this FWIW, but one of my good friends with no Texas affiliation but in this kind of business does not really like Smalls, at least at the 5 star level. He probably winds up on the line and the 4 DLs in-state that Texas likes are all high potential guys for having championship physical dimensions and they can all play. 

6) Conversely, supposedly Clark Philips is a perfect fucking NB/return man. He's not 6 foot, but who gives a fuck with his explosiveness? He's close enough to it. Believe the hype, apparently. 

7) Collins has a close relative working inside the AD. He's a legacy. This guy should already be a public commitment. I'm guessing that other staff members have to step in and help out eventually, per the Giles usual. Ridiculous. But hey, he'll continue to sky rocket in the rankings until he commits. 

8 ) I don't think anyone has a fucking clue what the plan is at CB besides going all-in on Ringo. It wouldn't shock me if we saw a commitment this weekend, and it also wouldn't shock me if not a single CB in attendance this weekend ever receives a major push to commit from Texas. 

9) If they want a commitment or two coming out of this, I have to believe Dixon gets a push. 

10) Speaking of Dixon, I think he's the only in-state WR Texas lands this cycle unless they crack the code with Omeire.  

Illinois going all-in on Texas bagmen is one of the funniest running storylines in recruiting.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We eventually got around to deciding Gbenda was worth it (and Dashaun White, although by the time we did, it was too late).  Maybe/presumably/hopefully the staff will here, too, unless it thinks it will hit on better can't-miss prototypical LBs?

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Holy shit, Machinator.  Creep, much?

I'm passing information on that I read elsewhere. That's considered creeping, now?

To clarify, Collins told Super K that he's taking the SAT.

Broughton and Collins are both attending the camp mentioned in one of the articles posted here.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I'm passing information on that I read elsewhere. That's considered creeping, now?

Broughton and Collins are both attending the camp mentioned in one of the articles posted here. 

I think he's just teasing you, man

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Agreed. that dude can play CB right now, really good technique and has a lot of value in being able to play right away but I am worried about his frame. He's so slight and his shoulders are very narrow. His recruitment is going to be very interesting. 

Nahlin comped him to Banks, and I can see it 

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Here's a live look-in at Hudson Card: 

tiny-hands-alt-640x533.jpg

Nahlin and Ian Boyd are all fucking in on Hudson Card, so this will be a fun difference of opinion to follow.

im sure @closetojumping would ageee with me that we need a real insider who can get close enough to Card to get some comparison photos and maybe even just pull out a fucking measuring tape on the spot in order to settle this. I’m thinking @Longhorn94 is the man for the job. 

I don’t give a fuck if Lyles, Ro Simon, and FWK all have their hands out in Broughton’s recruitment. He’s a must have. We’ve missed out on too many elite DL over the last few years. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:
5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think he's just teasing you, man 

Definitely just teasing, dude.  Everyone appreciates what you bring to this site (which is why you're easily the #1 member on the site). 

With that being said, feel free to PM me Drew Mehringer's SSN.  You know all this other shit, so I know you know it, too, you cyberhacking motherfucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Nahlin and Ian Boyd are all fucking in on Hudson Card, so this will be a fun difference of opinion to follow.

im sure @closetojumping would ageee with me that we  wed the insider of a real insider who can get close enough to Card to get some comparison photos and maybe even just pull out a fucking measuring tape on the spot in order to settle this. I’m thinking @Longhorn94 is the man for the job. 

I don’t give a fuck if Lyles, Ro Simon, and FWK all have their hands out in Broughton’s recruitment. He’s a must have. We’ve missed out on too many elite DL over the last few years. 

Ketchum has him as the #3 prospect in Texas, which presumably means he's has him as a 5*. And now a large part of the Longhorns universe will think Card is a 5*. Absurd, but hopefully he turns out correct

Nahlin today said he'd probably have him in the 10-15 range, and then later said he'd have him as a .95 which generally puts you in the 15-18 range in Texas

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Definitely just teasing, dude.  Everyone appreciates what you bring to this site (which is why you're easily the #1 member on the site). 

With that being said, feel free to PM me Drew Mehringer's SSN.  You know all this other shit, so I know you know it, too, you cyberhacking motherfucker.

I’m still not convinced Machinator’s not a bot, but either way he brings a lot to the site and he’s pretty much the preimminent source for any data you could ever want to know related to recruiting.

Except for eerily personal info about EJ. @texifornia‘s got that corner locked down.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

im sure @closetojumping would ageee with me that we  wed the insider of a real insider who can get close enough to Card to get some comparison photos and maybe even just pull out a fucking measuring tape on the spot in order to settle this. I’m thinking @Longhorn94 is the man for the job. 

Card was literally at Pluckers last month and yet no one got a pic.

Also, here's a photo of him holding a child's-sized novelty football.  Yikes.  Problematic.

6bfc154c-2017-12-23_lt_vs_allen__-_5_720

BUT I have also learned that he has the ability to make footballs levitate, which alleviates much of the strain on his small hands and makes grip strength totally irrelevant.  Once Rivals rates him for his telekinetic passing ability, I expect he will gain his 5th star.

Hudson_Card.0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fud said:

Ketchum has him as the #3 prospect in Texas, which presumably means he's has him as a 5*. And now a large part of the Longhorns universe will think Card is a 5*. Absurd, but hopefully he turns out correct

Nahlin today said he'd probably have him in the 10-15 range, and then later said he'd have him as a .95 which generally puts you in the 15-18 range in Texas

I might have accidentally thrown Nahlin in too far on the Card bandwagon, but Boyd is pretty much already billing Card as the savior and said he thinks Card will beat out Roschon when the QB spot opens up after Sam.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m still not convinced Machinator’s not a bot, but either way he brings a lot to the site and he’s pretty much the preimminent source for any data you could ever want to know related to recruiting.

Except for eerily personal info about EJ. @texifornia‘s got that corner locked down.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I might have accidentally thrown Nahlin in too far on the Card bandwagon, but Boyd is pretty much already billing Card as the savior and said he thinks Card will beat out Roschon when the QB spot opens up after Sam.

Good to know, because Boyd's eval takes are generally retarded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

hahahaha no. im not that guy. i think all the hand size stuff for a college QB in a power spread offense is pretty silly.

i like Card a lot. but if Texas can grab another quality QB prospect for 2020 they should. as for Roschon vs Card, they are similar players and both fit Herman's offense really well. my favorite thing about Card is his competitiveness. he is a hard worker and doesnt get overwhelmed by the moment. i know i am known around these parts as an LT homer, but around LT im known as a UT homer. my loyalty lies with Longhorns first and foremost. the rest is just info i try to pass on whether from LT or UT sources.

• Like 3

very early days of the internet...Go Big 12 days still, I think, before Hornfans....there was a kid that flipped last minute from aggy to Notre Dame...I think he was a lineman or TE named "Morton" or something similar....anyway, this poor 17 year old had the temerity to want a world class education instead of aggy bullshit and his family got ROASTED by early aggy message board user.

It was crazy and they may have moved over the deal.  aggy can't help  but showing their true colors at some point in the game.  happens every fucking time.

Just now, TtomTerrific said:

very early days of the internet...Go Big 12 days still, I think, before Hornfans....there was a kid that flipped last minute from aggy to Notre Dame...I think he was a lineman or TE named "Morton" or something similar....anyway, this poor 17 year old had the temerity to want a world class education instead of aggy bullshit and his family got ROASTED by early aggy message board user.

It was crazy and they may have moved over the deal.  aggy can't help  but showing their true colors at some point in the game.  happens every fucking time.

Pretty sure that was the same class as VY so hornfans was around. And aggy’s rivals website was the board who roasted him.  And then his mom got on and responded.  That was back in the days of Alan Zepeda. Who makes Liucci look sane.