Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

If we win this season, we will have a monster class.  Herman will “process” guys  if needed to take advantage of the talent interested in us.  Mookie and Garth would be great additions.  I expect us to lock up Collins, Princely, Umanienamanmanman.  For some reason I’m preparing myself for a gut punch on Broughton to aggy or another SEC team based on nothing.  Evans is the real prize and he’s visited us more than any school.  With our depth chart he’ll be getting caries day 1 here.

Edited by victory88

3 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

That has to be the shortest announcement text I have ever seen.

Also his 2/1 pinned tweet was: "recruitment completely open..." haha

I give it a week before people are worried about his pinned tweet and the fact he didn’t say he was 1000% committed 

TFB on Cooper:

I spoke to Cooper about his commitment and what it was about Texas that prompted this decision.

”I believe in the direction of the program and the production that I can see being made. Plus, I’d be getting one of the best educations and be developed as one of the best athletes in one place.”

Cooper also added, “I love Austin. It’s one of the best cities in America”.

Cooper credits the efforts of Tom Herman, Bryan Carrington, Drew Mehringer, and Rashaad Samples for the team effort in his recruitment.

He added that, “BC (Bryan Carrington) is my guy. He’s a coach to me but also like a big brother who can help me, you know, guide me the right way”.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigup2dahorns said:

TFB on Cooper:

I spoke to Cooper about his commitment and what it was about Texas that prompted this decision.

”I believe in the direction of the program and the production that I can see being made. Plus, I’d be getting one of the best educations and be developed as one of the best athletes in one place.”

Cooper also added, “I love Austin. It’s one of the best cities in America”.

Cooper credits the efforts of Tom Herman, Bryan Carrington, Drew Mehringer, and Rashaad Samples for the team effort in his recruitment.

He added that, “BC (Bryan Carrington) is my guy. He’s a coach to me but also like a big brother who can help me, you know, guide me the right way”.

Double this man's salary. And again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

So what is the next step for BC?  It's gotta be coaching.  And we have to keep him around.  

Does he/can he coach players during practice?

Next step is being the head man for a school on the recruiting front. Basically having Chang’s role somewhere. BC is being taken care of but like all good things, he won’t last at UT forever. He’s a very well known entity these days. 

Getting Mookie Cooper on board early is fucking tremendous. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Next step is being the head man for a school on the recruiting front. Basically having Chang’s role somewhere. BC is being taken care of but like all good things, he won’t last at UT forever. He’s a very well known entity these days. 

200.gif

I know he's gotten offers this year but I'm just hoping we money whip him for awhile longer. 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not to be a dick, but is there something that Chang does that BC can't do? Like actual scouting because BC has been pivotal and you really never hear about Chang.

14 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Not to be a dick, but is there something that Chang does that BC can't do? Like actual scouting because BC has been pivotal and you really never hear about Chang.

Chang has been mentioned numerous times by Herman as being vital to the recruiting dept as is BC.

12 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

CTJ probably can break it down better, but I see Chang as more of a logistics-type that organizes things in the background. Carrington is a personality who is, probably, best suited for his current role. He doesn’t have to give any attention toward game-planning and doesn’t go on the road recruiting.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

We hear about chang a lot. He coordinates everything behind the scenes. Research, scheduling, and i believe the top down coordination of the analysts. All the hard, ugly, unsexy but vital work that is necessary. Carrington builds the relationships and gets to be himself because of the things Chang does. Carrington might be able to run a whole department but we wont know till he does it. My own opinion is they function best as a team but im sure Carrington will want to be the man one day, and no one could fault him for that. 

• Like 1

Jesus, if we can overpay Oscar Giles for only doing half a job (coaching and not recruiting) we can pay Chang and BC enough to keep doing their respective roles. Make them Co-Recruiting Coordinators. 

Chang obviously is the best at logistics, organization, etc. and BC at building relationships. Give them whatever money and whatever title. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Jesus, if we can overpay Oscar Giles for only doing half a job (coaching and not recruiting) we can pay Chang and BC enough to keep doing their respective roles. Make them Co-Recruiting Coordinators. 

Chang obviously is the best at logistics, organization, etc. and BC at building relationships. Give them whatever money and whatever title. 

This.  Do it now.