Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

16 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Nope. Has to be Andre Jones. High 4 star who not only was a criminal but corrupted and drug down Robert Joseph.  Hard to beat that combo of destruction. 

IIRC, Jones was (and probably still is) the only 5 Star to come out of El Paso.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Nope. Has to be Andre Jones. High 4 star who not only was a criminal but corrupted and drug down Robert Joseph.  Hard to beat that combo of destruction. 

I always heard it the other way around.  I have family in PA and they love Jamaal.  Didn’t have anything nice to say about R.J.

I still feel like Taylor Bible is up there for busts.  What a waste!

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I always heard it the other way around.  I have family in PA and they love Jamaal.  Didn’t have anything nice to say about R.J.

I still feel like Taylor Bible is up there for busts.  What a waste!

He is, but if you look strictly at recruiting numbers, it's Tray Allen. There was another DL guy in Bible's class that also ended up being a royal bust name De'Aires Cotton.

Joseph corrupted Jones. Pretty sure Jones was not a 5 star. There was a CB in the class of 1999-ish that was from El Paso and went to FSU. Rufus something. He outranked Jones. 

Correct. I read the whole story on Jones and it was Joseph that got him involved with bad stuff.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Eddie Jones was a 5 star from that time, maybe some confusion. 

There's no confusion with Eddie Jones, at least their shouldn't be...unless this is a Double Katfid because they have the last name Jones. But fair point on the name and playing D Line I guess. 

Eddie Jones was a defensive end, and he went to Kilgore. Eddie was a 5 star ranked 20th in the country in 2006. Andre Jones was a different animal entirely. Andre Jones was a 4 star defensive tackle, just outside the top 100 in the class of 2006, who literally played on the opposite side of the state from Kilgore.  

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I believe he was also accused of being a kiddie fiddler, too. 

Pretty sure you're thinking of the middle linebacker that never made it to UT's campus. I want to say his name was Chris Collins or something, but I know that's not right. Do feel like his first name was Chris. He ended up at Oklahoma State, maybe? Never did shit?

Edited by SydneyCarton

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pretty sure you're thinking of the middle linebacker that never made it to UT's campus. I want to say his name was Chris Collins or something, but I know that's not right. Do feel like his first name was Chris. He ended up at Oklahoma State, maybe? Never did shit?

https://starlocalmedia.com/mesquitenews/news/martin-released-on-bond/article_dd7b7e0f-ca46-5cb7-bbf5-914a5a074330.html

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You were right it’s Chris Collins from Texas High and he did end up at Oklahoma State but they got rid of him after pleading guilty to statutory rape.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/more-sports/2011/12/21/chris-collins

Edited by bEastTexas
It actually was Chris Collins. Link

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It was Marco, and it was with a minor. Oof is right. 12 year old? Dayum. https://starlocalmedia.com/mesquitenews/news/martin-released-on-bond/article_dd7b7e0f-ca46-5cb7-bbf5-914a5a074330.html

Edited by Spider2YBanana

35 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Chris Collins was the one who was accused of raping a 13 year old in high school and never made it to Texas, right?  

Texarkana I thought. He had a teammate that did sign though and make it. 

Edit: Someone beat me to it. He and his friend got a 12 year old drunk and ganged up on her. I hope he dies a horrible death. 

Edited by Newy25

2 hours ago, trythisathome said:

So this is a bit random, but to be clear, losing Samples isn't expected to affect anyone outside of maybe Quay Davis, right? 

There's an update in the '21 thread about Quay working on recruits at the Primetime camp this past weekend. 

Saw this on Tennessee board about Ty Jordan.

On his mom's condition: "She has Stage 4 lung cancer. That's really been a big deciding factor. Where can I go and still be accessible to her? If it's not close, can I still have the same accessibility to catch a flight and check in on her or things like that."

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

On his mom's condition: "She has Stage 4 lung cancer. That's really been a big deciding factor. Where can I go and still be accessible to her? If it's not close, can I still have the same accessibility to catch a flight and check in on her or things like that."

Puts things in some perspective

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

T&P to Ty and his family.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

??? Is QJ visiting or not?

Mike Roach: Running Visitor list for Friday

DL Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge
WR LV Bunkley-Shelton, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra
QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis
DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek
OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves
WR JJ Hester, Tulsa (Okla.) Booker T. Washington
OL Courtland Ford, Cedar Hill
WR Quentin Johnston, Temple

RB Brandon Campbell, Pearland
S JD Coffey, Kennedale
TE Juan Davis, Everman
WR JoJo Earle, Aledo
CB Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball
WR Theodore Knox, The Woodlands
TE Lake McRee, Lake Travis
QB Jalen Milroe, Katy Tompkins

LB Martrell Harris, The Woodlands

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's no confusion with Eddie Jones, at least their shouldn't be...unless this is a Double Katfid because they have the last name Jones. But fair point on the name and playing D Line I guess. 

Tsk, tsk... I thought you were the Marquis of Spelling and Grammar on this board. 

• Like 1