Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Speaking if USC dumpster fires, did TrojanPrincess ever show back up after that shade about Bru she posted from her version of EJ?

nah, but everyone loves the story of my neighbor who was the strength and conditioning staff with USC, he and his family just left for Kansas last week as part of house cleaning sinking ship feels, maybe he took TP with him 

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Why? She was a fun poster to have on the site. I am disappointed she doesn't want to take her lumps on Bru, but she was generally pretty accurate on the USC side of things. She technically was right when Bru picked them first.  

I think she was useful for occasional USC/west coast recruiting info, since USC doesn't have a free site like Surly or Tigerdroppings where I can easily and quickly see where they stand with certain prospects, although towards the end she did come off as biased 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Why? She was a fun poster to have on the site. I am disappointed she doesn't want to take her lumps on Bru, but she was generally pretty accurate on the USC side of things. She technically was right when Bru picked them first. 

What the fuck? She was horribly inaccurate, repeatedly. I mocked her the whole through it, too. She didn't know jack shit compared to what I was hearing from someone who isn't even involved in their program outside of media-related shit. She couldn't tell her ass from a hole in the ground because of her USC-oriented myopia.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What the fuck? She was horribly inaccurate, repeatedly. I mocked her the whole through it, too. She didn't know jack shit compared to what I was hearing from someone who isn't even involved in their program outside of media-related shit. She couldn't tell her ass from a hole in the ground because of her USC-oriented myopia.

We can’t all be Aspergers wielding beautiful minds like yourself. Honestly, your brain is so big you have to buy it a second airplane seat. You ever hear of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates? Morons..

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Fud said:

Sure, but not hearing great reviews after this past visit makes me slightly less worried, at least compared to Bama, Georgia, and maybe LSU 

Where have you heard not great reviews on Evans' A&M visit? Not doubting - just haven't seen anything myself either way

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

We can’t all be Aspergers wielding beautiful minds like yourself. Honestly, your brain is so big you have to buy it a second airplane seat. You ever hear of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates? Morons..

How does me saying I heard stuff from someone else turn out to be me claiming I’m smart? It’s a fucking logical flaw kicking you in the dick in your rush to defend poor TrojanPrincess’ honor and talk shit at me, you stupid fuck. 

I don’t mind getting shit talked at me if you have a clue what you’re doing, but this was wasting my time. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vertigo said:

She catfished you. Classic move. She’s an older gentleman from Arkansas with a 247 sub IRL

Edited by The Earl of Texas

23 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Clemson grabbing a different 5 star would be nice. Like you said earlier, other schools (or even possibly Texas if one of the other 5 stars wants to commit) will likely self-select out of the Evans race by taking another highly ranked back.

Yeah I don't hear too much about Evans, to be honest. Clemson is pushing hard for Bowman. 

22 hours ago, Fud said:

Out of the guys we aren't in on, I think Bowman and Knighton are worth watching for Clemson. I'm hoping they fill up early, because they could pull Evans off if they don't. 

To me, the biggest threats for Evans are Bama, Georgia, and LSU, and Clemson if they don't fill up, with A&M and OU hanging around the hoop, but being of lesser concern 

Yeah it sounds like Clemson would like to take one of Knighton or Ngata and fight for Bowman till the end. I also don't think Clemson can beat Texas in a fight for Evans. It's Georgia that UT fans should be most concerned about. That's the last program that you want to go head to head with for a recruit. Root hard for Georgia to land Lloyd... 

• Like 3

Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

Rivals (national) had an article with a run down of a bunch of guys from the dallas camp. Spiegelman predicted Brockermeyer, Dorbah, Javian Hester, and Kimber to us. None of the other prospects they talked about are really relevant to us.

Hester to us? Interesting - it'd break up that Tulsa clique.

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Rivals (national) had an article with a run down of a bunch of guys from the dallas camp. Spiegelman predicted Brockermeyer, Dorbah, Javian Hester, and Kimber to us. None of the other prospects they talked about are really relevant to us.

That would not suck. 

Also, damn, I didn’t realize 247 bumped Dorbah last month. He went form 308 to 103 on 247 and is now composite 229. ESPN has him at #233 in the country.

So at least 247 realized they should evaluate him as 3-4 OLB, not a DE. Meanwhile, Rivals has him as a 3 star and dropped him to 50th in state. As always, Rivals rankings are total shit.

Edited by Burt Macklin

4 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

So handwringing for 3 pages that we are losing ground on Collins and Broughton. Report they will both be in town the next two weekends and crickets. Maybe Princely has another aggy slanted article out today so we have something to bitch anout

Is this whole recruiting thing new to you? Do you think today's updates are worthy of completely erasing a clear and negative trend? 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The biggest issue with the Rivals stuff with the state of Texas is that Geoff Ketchum is an unkempt slug with a penchant for napping during recruiting meetings with his peers and then sneak-eating their sack lunches from the corporate fridge and never admitting to it. He's universally despised by his peers, but they have to keep him around because he owns the subscriber base of bleating sheep on Obloods. 

Rivals rankings will get more realistic in the future for the state of Texas once Ketchum dies from an aortic split after lodging a turkey leg in his blood stream while eating it whole. 

I don't think very much of you but agree. Ketch is a piece of shit.  he outed Jesus and asked him to name his sources. He's a big fat hypocrite piece of shit.

Whenever he deigns to research for his recruiting rankings, Jabba the Ketch ranks almost exclusively off of measureables. For instance, he was really low on Joseph Ossai, and explained it away with something like "6'4 220 guys with 5.0 40s don't get drafted", never mind that his 40 yard dash was from early spring when it was cold and wet in Houston and he never ran it again. However, he'll put someone like Brandon Bowen in his top ten because if some track measurebles, while he sucks at football. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Whenever he deigns to research for his recruiting rankings, Jabba the Ketch ranks almost exclusively off of measureables. For instance, he was really low on Joseph Ossai, and explained it away with something like "6'4 220 guys with 5.0 40s don't get drafted", never mind that his 40 yard dash was from early spring when it was cold and wet in Houston and he never ran it again. However, he'll put someone like Brandon Bowen in his top ten because if some track measurebles, while he sucks at football. 

To be fair that's just compensating for the fact he has less of an eye for projecting talent than EJ. Stupid, fat fuck can't do shit right.

2 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

So handwringing for 3 pages that we are losing ground on Collins and Broughton. Report they will both be in town the next two weekends and crickets. Maybe Princely has another aggy slanted article out today so we have something to bitch anout

Don't need any beef. Clemson put 44 points on 'Bama. Passing game wins championships

30 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

To be fair that's just compensating for the fact he has less of an eye for projecting talent than EJ. Stupid, fat fuck can't do shit right.

As bad as Ketch is, he's been in the game much longer than EJ. He almost certainly can evaluate better.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1