Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

poor kids from bad back grounds expect to get paid. is that why Herman is going for high integrity guys? i think so. not that he is opposed to paying a little here and there. its just that lack of integrity lends itself to lack of commitment. and building a program while being beholding to bagmen isnt the way to build strong team chemistry

Saban has done fine paying as has Smart as has Hugh Freeze as has Jimbo Fisher. Mario Cristobal will do well cheating also.

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Evans' brother likes Texas. Loves Texas really, but I don't think he's running the recruitment. Zach is. 

Allegedly McClellan committed to OU because he felt Texas was too late in offering. If true, I think we have a shot here. 

Evans’s brother is 100% running his recruitment, and no one else. Zach is taking cues from Big Bro, and furthermore his brother is often the point man on contact.   

Additionally this is actually the kind of recruitment texas can participate in and possibly win. So all of you hand-wringing pussies on this thread need to reach down and cup your imaginary balls and make a great effort to will the life you want for yourselves into being. A life where you people have a pair of testicles. For some of you even a really small pair would be a colossal step up. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Saban has done fine paying as has Smart as has Hugh Freeze as has Jimbo Fisher. Mario Cristobal will do well cheating also.

Saban has a level of control in the state of Alabama and the SEC that is Stalin like, Smart has jump started UGA but they fall short the second they can't just out talent a team. Hugh Freeze is coaching at liberty after his dirty laundry got aired out, Jimbo created a dumpster fire that collapsed in on its self and he had to jump ship to avoid burning. Christobal has yet to win anything at all.

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Saban has a level of control in the state of Alabama and the SEC that is Stalin like, Smart has jump started UGA but they fall short the second they can't just out talent a team. Hugh Freeze is coaching at liberty after his dirty laundry got aired out, Jimbo created a dumpster fire that collapsed in on its self and he had to jump ship to avoid burning. Christobal has yet to win anything at all. 

Saban has done well. Smart has done well. Hugh Freeze did well at a shit football school.  Jimbo won plenty at FSU and Cristobal will win plenty. News flash - Good players help teams win.

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

None of that is really the point. The real difference is none of those coaches work for a school that tells all of their coaching hires to win without cheating...and generally mean it. None of those coaches work for a school that gives a fuck about being a respected institution of higher learning. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Just because a kid comes from a bad back ground doesn’t mean you should assume he’s injury prone. I can’t think of a worse bad back ground than Florida and they consistently produce talent.

This is the only college football forum in the U.S. where we are simultaneously having in-depth discussions literally about invertebrates and vertebrae. 

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Evans’s brother is 100% running his recruitment, and no one else. Zach is taking cues from Big Bro, and furthermore his brother is often the point man on contact.   

Additionally this is actually the kind of recruitment texas can participate in and possibly win. So all of you hand-wringing pussies on this thread need to reach down and cup your imaginary balls and make a great effort to will the life you want for yourselves into being. A life where you people have a pair of testicles. For some of you even a really small pair would be a colossal step up. 

What exactly do the 9.95’ers like Nahlin mean when they say his recruitment is going to be a circus? 

4 hours ago, Fud said:

It's not the end all be all for arm strength, but per combine ball velocity measurements, here's some mph measurements 

Josh Allen 61

Pat Mahomes 60

Logan Thomas 60

Davis Webb 59

Paxton Lynch 59

Kirk Cousins 59

Brandon Weeden 59

Colin Kaepernick 59

Jared Goff 58

Baker Mayfield 57

Carson Wentz 57

Tom Savage 57

Derek Carr, Sam Darnold, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, RGIII, Brock Osweiler, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Matt Ryan, and Matt Stafford didn't throw at the combine

All of them except baker and savage are big guys. Luck has a solid arm but I don’t think it’s among the strongest 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Everyone knows Evans is a generational player. And programs are going to pursue him accordingly. What do you think that means?

Just having programs aggressively pursue him was not the context it was portrayed. It implied other factors. I am also factoring in what generally happens when Alabama makes a Texas player a priority. 

Hey, if I am wrong so be it. Maybe this be one of those rare clean Alabama ventures into Texas for a coveted player. 

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Everyone knows Evans is a generational player. And programs are going to pursue him accordingly. What do you think that means?

The implication that he is a generational player and will be recruited as such (by SEC schools) makes it sound like a recruitment Texas can't win (like Sanders was), given that our coaches are discouraged from cheating. However you're saying that isn't the case. 

I'm guessing the differentiator from a guy like Waddle, Hornsby, or Demas/Shep is that Evans just has his brother running his recruitment. It's not some 17 year old running around accepting bags from everyone or a trainer trying to get rich, and that'll keep it within the part of the court we can play.

E: I'll add I have no knowledge of the situation. Trying to spell out what my current reading between the lines is. Blink twice if I'm on it. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

11 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We all know it doesn't matter who Jimbo gets. He's a shit coach who ran away from Clemson to get butt fucked by Bama, Georgia, and LSU. Dude landed top 5 classes in one of the easiest conferences, and only managed 9 wins. Without Jameis he's just an average coach who can recruit, but not develop. 

This is Aggie-like talk.  Jimbo is a good coach.  You don’t win a national championship unless you can develop.  He’s going to continue to be a handful to recruit against.

That is the phone number of the prospective PWO's father. Do not text it. Even if it was FWK's phone number, if you're stupid enough to text him, you're too stupid to get any satisfying payoff anyway.

That text is also not recent and is one of the primary reasons Texas does not deal with FWK directly anymore. FWK made promises for a PWO spot that didn't exist. The guy lied through his teeth to attempt to extort the kid's family. It's why FWK wasn't with Demas for the visit this weekend, and it's why he won't be on campus with Shepherd in the event the kid truly shocks the world and makes it in for an OV. 

Edited by gordogg24p
  • Like 8

Just now, DeathTongue said:

So apparently there was a big recruiting event this weekend.  I just read the last five pages and didn't see anything about it.  Anyone got any info?

Lots of recruits showed up, we got a silent commit that should go public this week or next, can't remember, everyone had a good time except most of the fanbase got distracted by Demas maybe or maybe not having a bad time and Jimbo and his pet media trying to blow it up into a story.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Lots of recruits showed up, we got a silent commit that should go public this week or next, can't remember, everyone had a good time except most of the fanbase got distracted by Demas maybe or maybe not having a bad time and Jimbo and his pet media trying to blow it up into a story.

I'd love to hear what other recruits have to say about what the aggy side is saying Herman said.

That said, I ber we land a majority of the kids who visited over the weekend.