2019 Texas Longhorns fall practice thread

Machinator

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Herman pumping a lot of sunshine (especially saying he's not worried about Kirk Johnson).

I hope he’s referring to KJ, but it kind of sounds like he meant that for Overshon. The two texts make it seem like both are not serious. I hope that’s the case. 

I remember when Bo Scaife was the perpetually injured spring casualty. Turned out to be a great one despite. 

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Tyler Owens already stands out physically. If he knows how to play football, that dude is gonna be a problem

Dude is fucking huge and he's got speed for days.

He took second place in the 100M 6A state championship (behind White Lightning), and his PR of 10.29 is just behind Devin Duvernay's PR of 10.27.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=9732455

23 minutes ago, Goodman said:

#65 is going to be good, look at that form vs 70 & 78. 

@OnAComputer taking his notes while ignoring the RB's.

It’s obviously just a single picture, but look at how bent over Okafor is AND how high his ass still is. He keeps getting listed as 1st string RT, but I’m just not seeing it. He lacks the flexibility, length, and athleticism to  hold up against speed rushes. Really hope someone beats him out at RT. 

12 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Dude is fucking huge and he's got speed for days.

He took second place in the 100M 6A state championship (behind White Lightning), and his PR of 10.29 is just behind Devin Duvernay's PR of 10.27.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=9732455

If he can get to 220ish next year, which seems very possible, he could make an incredible Rover. The potential of him at Rover with Overshown at Joker and Foster at Nickel on the field in 2020 is just incredible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s obviously just a single picture, but look at how bent over Okafor is AND how high his ass still is. He keeps getting listed as 1st string RT, but I’m just not seeing it. He lacks the flexibility, length, and athleticism to  hold up against speed rushes. Really hope someone beats him out at RT.  

Hookfin on the other hand is way flexible for a dude who just gained like 50-60 lbs.

Edited by texifornia

Just now, kevwun said:

Right, but why are they even pretending if his initial prognosis hasn't changed?

Because he's physically able to workout and is a part of the team. Kid is probably up and down emotionally as it is. You don't tell him to be somewhere else getting fat while the kids without spinal stenosis get ready for the season.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

So is their a reason for real optimism with Floyd being cleared to play again?  What changed?

I don't know if anything has changed with our docs, training staff, or coaching staff. It's obvious to me that he will play somewhere, though.

38 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If he can get to 220ish next year, which seems very possible, he could make an incredible Rover. The potential of him at Rover with Overshown at Joker and Foster at Nickel on the field in 2020 is just incredible. 

Get all three of those guys on ST's together and I fear they may actually kill a returner.