Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Name the pooch after your wife.

"STOP PEEING ON THE FLOOR, STANKOETTE!" "STOP DRINKING OUT OF THE TOILET, STANKOETTE!" "DAMN IT, STANKOETTE! STOP CHEWING ON THE FURNITURE!"

Probably more effective if you and the next door neighbors live in tents.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Discussed and agreed on. Plus she works from home and I'm 30 miles away. 

My wife and I discussed and agreed that she would do most of the laundry, etc if she quit work to stay home with the kids.  Eight years later, she has not gotten a job and guess who washes his own shit most of the time.  Good luck with your agreement.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Druggist said:

My wife and I discussed and agreed that she would do most of the laundry, etc if she quit work to stay home with the kids.  Eight years later, she has not gotten a job and guess who washes his own shit most of the time.  Good luck with your agreement.

I’m batting o-fer on these type of deals. Put in pool, she keeps it clean. Nope. Quit work, she gets rid of housekeeper and cleans and cooks. Nope. I could keep going but it doesn’t look favorably upon me and my negotiating skills so I’ll stop.

• Like 1

After alimony and child support and giving up half my shit, I wouldn’t be able to afford any of those people. Plus, unlike a number of people on this board I actually like my wife and have it pretty easy. I just pay extra for outside services that she could logically take care of.

14 hours ago, markstanco said:

Wife bought a golden doodle MUTT without asking. $1000. Not happy at all, kinda. Trying to figure out what to do to offset it. May go to Argentina to dove hunt ot buy a really really nice over/under. 

No way would I simply buy an additional family member without consultation. 

I'll fess up -- I did that once.  I bought a Bassett Hound puppy while wife and daughter were out of town.  Not smart.  Puppy was even dumber.

And I'd love to have golden doodle.  

15 hours ago, Druggist said:

I do all of the laundry because if I don't, it won't get done. Her track record on doing the dishes is more than enough evidence.

• Like 1

Had some kickass Chinese takeout the other night.  I totally pigged out.  Wife didn't eat all hers.  I'm usually polite with eating someone's specific leftovers, at least for the first few days.  My wife had mentioned, "Help yourself to the Chinese leftovers if you want them."

Screwing around the house this morn, getting us ready to take off for a long weekend.  Been thinkin' about that Chinese, man.  Gonna crack a cold one and grub out for lunch with my feet up.  Will be awesome.

Grab a plate, go to the fridge, pull out the container, open it up.  Has two bites in it.  Two bites!  What the hell?

Ate the two bites while I tried to figure out what to have for lunch now...

6 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I do all of the laundry because if I don't, it won't get done. Her track record on doing the dishes is more than enough evidence.

Pos rep for the universal truths you speak...and also for your Starchild avatar.  Rock on, brother!

11 minutes ago, After irth said:

Had some kickass Chinese takeout the other night.  I totally pigged out.  Wife didn't eat all hers.  I'm usually polite with eating someone's specific leftovers, at least for the first few days.  My wife had mentioned, "Help yourself to the Chinese leftovers if you want them."

Screwing around the house this morn, getting us ready to take off for a long weekend.  Been thinkin' about that Chinese, man.  Gonna crack a cold one and grub out for lunch with my feet up.  Will be awesome.

Grab a plate, go to the fridge, pull out the container, open it up.  Has two bites in it.  Two bites!  What the hell?

You're mad because your wife ate her own leftovers? 

It's taken a while but I have paid off all of our debt. Wife and I both have debit cards and we agreed to spend what we have according to our budget since I have 2 kiddos in college. Today I noticed our account was down about $150.

Me: I thought we were going to watch our spending? Why did you go to Kohl's?

Her: They had a sale and I needed new running shoes

Me: for $150?

Her: Well I also got some workout clothes to match the shoes. They were 10% off. AND I got you a new dress shirt that was a 20% discount

Me: I don't need a new shirt

Her: It was too good a deal to pass up. If you add up all the discounts, I saved us $37.

Re: @BurntOrangeCrush

I have more than once had to explain to my wife that she doesn't need to use the "Save $1.00 when you buy 3" coupon at HEB when not only is the brand more expensive than the one we normally get (by much more than the 33 cents/per savings) but we don't even need one of that item right now let alone three. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 11:39 PM, Brew said:

After alimony and child support and giving up half my shit, I wouldn’t be able to afford any of those people. Plus, unlike a number of people on this board I actually like my wife and have it pretty easy. I just pay extra for outside services that she could logically take care of.

She should be ok with hookers then right?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sandman said:

I have been doing my own laundry for many years. Ever since I bitched about how she folded my jeans. 

8 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

It's taken a while but I have paid off all of our debt. Wife and I both have debit cards and we agreed to spend what we have according to our budget since I have 2 kiddos in college. Today I noticed our account was down about $150.

Her: Well I also got some workout clothes to match the shoes. They were 10% off. AND I got you a new dress shirt that was a 20% discount

Her: It was too good a deal to pass up. If you add up all the discounts, I saved us $37.

Naw, she made $37.

2 hours ago, EastTexan said:

I have been doing my own laundry for many years. Ever since I bitched about how she folded my jeans. 

One of the best things about this thread is that it makes me feel no so alone.  Almost exact thing here, except my wife put a pair of my expensive technical board shorts in the dryer with the drawstring hanging out of the door.  Twisted it up all to fuck.  I bitched about it and evermore I have done all my own laundry.

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

One of the best things about this thread is that it makes me feel no so alone.  Almost exact thing here, except my wife put a pair of my expensive technical board shorts in the dryer with the drawstring hanging out of the door.  Twisted it up all to fuck.  I bitched about it and evermore I have done all my own laundry.

Is that a fancy way of saying you have cargo shorts with draw strings on them?

On 5/3/2018 at 12:32 PM, After irth said:

I don't care who's freaking leftovers they are.  Either eat a full portion or don't touch it.   I can't count the number of times I have grabbed a leftover container from the fridge to take for lunch only to discover that was a meal portion when it was put away is now 1/2 or more eaten.  

12 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

That's the kind of logic I use when I buy another guitar.

12 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Pic of wife in workout clothes?

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

So you're saying you fuck hookers. Nice plan.

See my earlier post about my shitty negotiating skills. Plus 20 years in she’s still taking care of her duties in that department. Not working can be beneficial.