Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I haven't paid much attention to aggy's class.

I knew it was good, but I was surprised to see that they have 4 of 247s top 10 national players in their class.

What is most surprising is that 3 of those players are on defense.

Has any school ever signed three of the top 10 players in the country on a side of the ball for which they don't have a staff?

I guess I could see Saban doing this on defense, given everyone knows it's Saban's defense, but with aggy the defense is a complete question mark with Elko gone.

Those five star out of state guys must have really fallen in love with the spirit of aggyland to have stayed committed even after losing their coordinator. It's really quite something.

Shhhh.... they don't know he's gone....

4 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Aggy mods have repeated over and over again Groves-Killebrew that has nothing to do with Harris. GK will likely need a redshirt because of an injury. 

I will acknowledge that it feels like a hedge. 

• Like 1

The plot thickens with Groves-Killebrew. He missed most of his 2020 season with an elbow injury, and he didn't play in the playoffs because of a November 5th knee injury. It's a torn ACL, meniscus, and a strained MCL. Not sure if Aggy has had a chance to look at the knee, but hey No. 1 Recruiting Class plaque on Kyle Field. 

https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/kirby-smart-had-the-perfect-text-to-marquis-groves-killebrew-after-his-knee-injury/WNTPS5G3GFH2NHOEBI3TBH4M24/

That's not much football for a mid 4 star. 

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The plot thickens with Groves-Killebrew. He missed most of his 2020 season with an elbow injury, and he didn't play in the playoffs because of a November 5th knee injury. It's a torn ACL, meniscus, and a strained MCL. Not sure if Aggy has had a chance to look at the knee, but hey No. 1 Recruiting Class plaque on Kyle Field. 

https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/kirby-smart-had-the-perfect-text-to-marquis-groves-killebrew-after-his-knee-injury/WNTPS5G3GFH2NHOEBI3TBH4M24/

That's not much football for a mid 4 star. 

Lol nothing says adding much needed speed to the CB room like an unhappy triad!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ravishing Rick said:

But see, here’s the thing. We signed a truly amazing offensive line that can block and neutralize their defensive line.  Plus we added the top overall player, Quinn Ewers. Advantage Texas.  

This and given I think our dline class is > their Oline class I’d call the recruiting along the trenches a push this year

If they finish with shemar, Evan, Perkins and Harris I’m going to quit watching college football I think lol. That would give them 8 five stars. Never been to a playoff, never played for a sec title and have only finished 3rd in the SEC once in 9 fucking years. Watching aggy ruin football is a nightmare I would rather avoid lol. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If they finish with shemar, Evan, Perkins and Harris I’m going to quit watching college football I think lol. That would give them 8 five stars. Never been to a playoff, never played for a sec title and have only finished 3rd in the SEC once in 9 fucking years. Watching aggy ruin football is a nightmare I would rather avoid lol. 

They’re about to sign the highest rated class ever in the recruiting website era, which is just absurd, and has absolutely no explanation but one.

It’s crazy to me how the rest of the SEC is just doing nothing and taking it. They took down Ole Miss for far far less.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

They’re about to sign the highest rated class ever in the recruiting website era, which is just absurd, and has absolutely no explanation but one.

It’s crazy to me how the rest of the SEC is just doing nothing and taking it. They took down Ole Miss for far far less.

If you operate outside the lines it's eventually coming. Just happened with Tennessee too. 

It’s honestly wild to me to see what they’ve been able to do. I get the paying players angle and all, but if you’re getting paid by Georgia, Alabama and whatever other winning program, why would you bother with aggy? At some point you’d have to think winning matters more than getting a little more money - especially in the NIL era. 

2 minutes ago, Istian said:

It’s honestly wild to me to see what they’ve been able to do. I get the paying players angle and all, but if you’re getting paid by Georgia, Alabama and whatever other winning program, why would you bother with aggy? At some point you’d have to think winning matters more than getting a little more money - especially in the NIL era. 

It's been stated multiple times over but Aggie is paying above market price. 

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

It's been stated multiple times over but Aggie is paying above market price. 

Right, I’m following that. My point is that you’d think going somewhere like Georgia or Bama and taking a little less money up front and winning + NIL would be worth more than the over market value aggy is allegedly paying. 

46 minutes ago, Istian said:

Their whole identity is based in little brother syndrome and as such, there is no amount they won't pay to elevate to the heights their delusions tell them that they should be.

1 hour ago, Istian said:

Right, I’m following that. My point is that you’d think going somewhere like Georgia or Bama and taking a little less money up front and winning + NIL would be worth more than the over market value aggy is allegedly paying.

Lol. Try a whole pile less. Bama will get you a Charger.  aggy is paying Lambo money. 

I haven't paid much attention to aggy's class.

I knew it was good, but I was surprised to see that they have 4 of 247s top 10 national players in their class.

What is most surprising is that 3 of those players are on defense.

Has any school ever signed three of the top 10 players in the country on a side of the ball for which they don't have a staff?

I guess I could see Saban doing this on defense, given everyone knows it's Saban's defense, but with aggy the defense is a complete question mark with Elko gone.

Those five star out of state guys must have really fallen in love with the spirit of aggyland to have stayed committed even after losing their coordinator. It's really quite something.

They gave money. Which if you haven’t noticed is legal.

I swear people bitching about the aggy class being so good because they “cheated” is hilarious. It’s like they signed up on this site today and have no idea about the OL deal for texas players.
  • Fuck You 2

The other 3 schools in the top 4 have 4, 5, and 8 total losses since 2018.

They have 90 conference wins, 6 conference titles, 6 CFP births, and one national title, with 32 first round draft picks.

Meanwhile, A&M has 14 losses, only 21 conference wins, and nothing else to show for it.

One of these is not anywhere near like the others...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Well apparently it’s ignorance? Can they not give money to players? Did QE come for free? You are by far more in to the recruiting more than me.

You're an idiot. You come in this thread acting like you know what you're talking about and you're totally clueless. 

Ewers is coming here because of NIL (legal). Recruits are going to aggy because of bags (Illegal). 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Their whole identity is based in little brother syndrome and as such, there is no amount they won't pay to elevate to the heights their delusions tell them that they should be.

Plus they panicked when Texas joined the sec. Let's get real on what is really driving this. They know they better go for it now before mean ol tu comes to piss in their cheerios. But they will fuck this up because they are aggies. Half these guys will transfer or end up in trouble with the law. They will get busted. It's like the Jackie Sherril days all over again, except now we can win these recruitments with legit nil bucks. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

You're an idiot. You come in this thread acting like you know what you're talking about and you're totally clueless. 
Ewers is coming here because of NIL (legal). Recruits are going to aggy because of bags (Illegal). 

Fuck off, it’s misinformed. And no I didn’t “come in here” yada yada. Also, good to know you know how clean the QE deal was. Again, ignorance on my part.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Fuck off, it’s misinformed. And no I didn’t “come in here” yada yada. Also, good to know you know how clean the QE deal was. Again, ignorance on my part.

Texas has never really had the stomach for “playing the game.” It’s why we haven’t had the miraculous players suddenly falling in our laps and they have off and on for decades.

We laid our cards on the table this time. They’re still paying under the table. Some of Jimbo’s staff is in place specifically to see that players are paid under the table. I think the IRS is going to be quite interested in NIL, and I’m guessing they’re really going to frown upon cheating the system that they’re finally able to tax.  

• Haha 1