How to Buy a 5-Star Recruit: The Demond Demas Saga

texifornia

I seem to remember Demas supposedly saying yesterday that he had only stayed with the Dunn family for a couple of nights.  I don't think I'm making this up. Interesting Mrs Dunn would (edit: seemingly) contradict that. Anyone else recall? Maybe it was a quote from his testimony or perhaps in that interview he did afterwards? 

Edited by Chopper

41 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

I believe this whole Demas move is 100% about winning a state championship.  Any side benefit is just a side benefit.  Has everyone forgot how much high school football means to a community like Tomball

has Tomball been worth a shit since the '80s?

5 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes, it's so difficult...no, absolutely to know if you have a large young black man with a big chefs hat living in your home.

I'd better go look around, I may have a house full of Heisman award winners living with me that I didn't know about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes, it's so difficult...no, absolutely impossible to know if you have a large young black man with a big chefs hat living in your home.

I'd better go look around, I may have a house full of Heisman award winners living with me that I didn't know about.

I laughed.

• Like 1

They keep referencing Allen amd Katy.

What aggy doesn't seem to understand, those schools are smart and recruit athlete transfers in middle school, before athletes get to HS varsity athletics. Already lettering at another school brings the denied stamp out at uil across all sports most of the time.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

Just now, pacman said:

They keep referencing Allen amd Katy. What aggy doesn't seem to understand, those schools are smart and recruit in middle school, before athletes get to HS varsity athletics. Already lettering at another school brings the denied stamp out at uil across all sports most of the time.

It's even dumber because Dunn doesn't play at Allen or Katy. The move was in part to facilitate FWK's agenda with Dunn. 

6 minutes ago, txhorns said:

It will be interesting to see if Demas loses faith in the aggy coaches if they really did facilitate this move.

Nick Saban: "If aggy cared about you, they wouldn't have fucked over your senior season."

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I seem to remember Demas supposedly saying yesterday that he had only stayed with the Dunn family for a couple of nights.  I don't think I'm making this up. Interesting Mrs Dunn would (edit: seemingly) contradict that. Anyone else recall? Maybe it was a quote from his testimony or perhaps in that interview he did afterwards? 

It was testimony. You’re remembering correctly. It’s why everyone here is calling massive bullshit. 

1 hour ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

I believe this whole Demas move is 100% about winning a state championship.  Any side benefit is just a side benefit.  Has everyone forgot how much high school football means to a community like Tomball

Tomball wouldn't have a prayer of winning just their district even with Demas. I highly doubt any state title dreams factored into this. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It was testimony. You’re remembering correctly. It’s why everyone here is calling massive bullshit. 

Gotcha. All I saw referenced to this specific issue was the Houston Chronicle article but didn't see a ref to testimony. Sworn testimony at that, I'm guessing.  

24 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Misspelling “break” but correctly spelling “unbreakable” is quite the accomplishment.

Joke's on you sip.  Demas is so fast, he's like a car with no brakes.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Deej said:

Nick Saban: "If aggy cared about you, they wouldn't have fucked over your senior season."

"Did anyone stop for a moment to ponder the obvious risks that with that move?  Seems like there are some folks in your sphere who are interested in limiting your window -- maybe some folks considering all of their best interests and none of yours.  A young man with your talent needs people who have your back -- people who open doors, not close them.  Just something to consider."    

• Like 2