Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't think they'll fire Harbaugh this year due to his contract and COVID. I bet it happens next year, tho. I don't want to be right or wrong, I just think they'll wait it out to save money. 

It's the last year of his contract. They'll just fix the glitch.

8 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It's the last year of his contract. They'll just fix the glitch.

You mean they didn't give him an extention after one of those two times he beat a top ten team? What the hell are those fools doing up there?

The other thought I have is that there are just about no sure-thing hires. Harbaugh to Michigan sounded like a juggernaut.

You just never know.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

You mean they didn't give him an extention after one of those two times he beat a top ten team? What the hell are those fools doing up there?

The other thought I have is that there are just about no sure-thing hires. Harbaugh to Michigan sounded like a juggernaut.

You just never know.

Honestly, he can't recruit at the level necessary to play with Ohio. He doesn't have a unified strategy and allows each position coach to recruit "where he feels comfortable". That's why he won with Hoke's recruits and has progressively gotten worse. He was limited by academics at Stanford, so that narrowed the talent pool for him with a big advantage within that pool. He doesn't know how to recruit in a truly competitve enviroment at an elite level. Just my opinion after watching every game he's coached there.

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Honestly, he can't recruit at the level necessary to play with Ohio. He doesn't have a unified strategy and allows each position coach to recruit "where he feels comfortable". That's why he won with Hoke's recruits and has progressively gotten worse. He was limited by academics at Stanford, so that narrowed the talent pool for him with a big advantage within that pool. He doesn't know how to recruit in a truly competitve enviroment at an elite level. Just my opinion after watching every game he's coached there.

He's also the first portion of your screen name.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I wonder what the Big Ten does with the Ohio State-Michigan home/away split. I assume they'll just tell Ohio State "you have to go to Ann Arbor twice in a row, tough shit about your home game", but kind of bullshit that Ohio State loses a game in Columbus because Michigan can't play. 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh crap, I thought it was next year. Yep, fix the glitch and send him to the basement. 

It's next year. I was just agreeing with you. Why pay the buyout now? Also there's a good chance he moves on to the NFL this offseason before it becomes an issue though. I don't think his ego would be able to handle not being renewed.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It's next year. I was just agreeing with you. Why pay the buyout now? Also there's a good chance he moves on to the NFL this offseason before it becomes an issue though. I don't think his ego would be able to handle not being renewed.

My bad, I misread it. 

I agree with you that he's probably NFL bound at this point, especially with his ego. I wonder if would take the Detroit job? Not too far away for a move. 

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

My bad, I misread it. 

I agree with you that he's probably NFL bound at this point, especially with his ego. I wonder if would take the Detroit job? Not too far away for a move. 

I could absolutely see that. I actually think that would be a pretty good outcome for both teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I could absolutely see that. I actually think that would be a pretty good outcome for both teams.

Same. He's just built for the NFL, doesn't have to worry about recruiting, etc. If anyone can at least make them competitive, I can see it being him. I think he hates recruiting, and I don't blame him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I wonder what the Big Ten does with the Ohio State-Michigan home/away split. I assume they'll just tell Ohio State "you have to go to Ann Arbor twice in a row, tough shit about your home game", but kind of bullshit that Ohio State loses a game in Columbus because Michigan can't play. 

bigger deal if there were fans but with no fans, hosting a home game is just a big opex hole.  of course they want to have the game so they can pound michigan mercilessly and get the requisite games for the big 10 title/playoff but i don't think the no home game is a big deal.

35 minutes ago, sidis said:

i don't think the no home game is a big deal.

it's their turn to host. it will still be their "turn" the next time the teams meet, and if that meeting takes place in a universe where fans are allowed at the games again, it becomes an even greater loss than not getting to host in a year where they're not allowed

6 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

it's their turn to host. it will still be their "turn" the next time the teams meet, and if that meeting takes place in a universe where fans are allowed at the games again, it becomes an even greater loss than not getting to host in a year where they're not allowed

Does this count as "having a non-loss" streak, to tOSU for UM this year..? 

33 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Hearing rumors about a 3 year extension for Coach Khaki pants ...... I'm waiting for @Juicy to confirm that they are just dotting the i's and crossing the t's 

It appears the I's and T's are dotted. Apparently Jimmy is taking a 3 milli pay cut to get another 3 years. 3/12M

• Haha 1

The more I think about it the more it pisses me off. I kind of get taking a pay cut as a show of good faith after a absolute mess of a season, BUT it just shows how far Jimmy has fallen in terms of demand. To take almost a 50% pay cut just to keep making 4+ million a year to lose to O$U every year is unreal.

I understand that you can't have a lame duck coach for recruiting, but this is not great. 

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Michigan is rock bottom. Harbaugh was there BIG FISH hire and it didn't work. Like what do you do now after a couple of maybes didn't work to the sure thing not being the sure thing? now what?

I guess now you refill his gas can so you can watch 4 more years of him burning it all to the ground.... 

1 minute ago, Juicy said:

I guess now you refill his gas can so you can watch 4 more years of him burning it all to the ground.... 

I don't even want to get the depression i would be in as a Michigan fan. It would be like Texas hiring Urban and then watching him fall apart every year he was here after charlie and tom. I guess then you just keep trying? Fleck would be a good up north guy to give it a go with.

I don't know what is worse news, that Harbaugh is coming back at a pay cut, or that Michigan is practicing today to get waxed by 100 this weekend. 

If I am harbaugh I call Day up and say, listen we will play you, but you have to spot us 21 points to start the game, and you can only play players with the last Names A-H that wear odd numbers. Otherwise we are cancelling and you can kiss your playoff hopes goodbye. 

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan