Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

So glad to be wrong. In the week of coaches getting 10 year deals go ahead and bump Jimmy Back up to whatever you need to and make the end date open ended.

I guess sometimes it really is a marathon and not a sprint but last year he looked like he was going in the wrong direction.

Go blue.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

So glad to be wrong. In the week of coaches getting 10 year deals go ahead and bump Jimmy Back up to whatever you need to and make the end date open ended.

I guess sometimes it really is a marathon and not a sprint but last year he looked like he was going in the wrong direction.

Go blue.

Michigan was bad last year during Covid, but Big Blue never went 5-7 under Jimmy

Wanna trade?

• Hook 'Em 1

I hate to get over hyped here but Man.... If Michigan can win Saturday and UGA wins, There is a real shot that Michigan will play cincy in a semi. That is a winnable game for sure, 

WIll be rooting as hard for the bulldogs as Michigan on Saturday, do not want a Bama upset pushing them or UGA  into a game with Michigan. 

7 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I hate to get over hyped here but Man.... If Michigan can win Saturday and UGA wins, There is a real shot that Michigan will play cincy in a semi. That is a winnable game for sure, 

WIll be rooting as hard for the bulldogs as Michigan on Saturday, do not want a Bama upset pushing them or UGA  into a game with Michigan. 

Let’s just fucking beat Iowa 

• 2 weeks later...

Harbaugh is earning about $3MM in bonuses this season.

If this is what weird / quirky guys do then we need more weird / quirky guys.  Very cool. 

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has decided to give his bonus money this season back to staff members of the Michigan athletic department who suffered pay cuts during the COVID-19 pandemic.

When the pandemic hit in 2020, Michigan announced 5 to 10 percent pay cuts for most of its athletic department staffers. During an appearance on the "Inside Michigan Football" radio show this week, Harbaugh made the announcement that he and his wife, Sarah, would be dispersing his bonus money to the Michigan staffers no matter the amount. With Harbaugh's announcement, any staff member who took either a voluntary or mandatory pay cut in the past 18 months who still works for Michigan has the chance to receive some of Harbaugh's bonus money. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/jim-harbaugh-bonus-money-michigan-ad-staffers/1hbb0zzq7shmv1lgl0xcrt8na6

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

I'll just throw this in this thread. Stroud seems like a pouty douchebag. There was whatever he said about tOSU missing a bunch of players against Michigan, now this:

Stroud on his Heisman moment: "It didn’t count, it got taken away because it was a holding call, but I had a good run against Michigan at the end of the game."

And this is after he said this after the Nebraska game:

When asked after the game if he thought there were opportunities to run the ball, Stroud was rather direct with his answer.

“Nah, not at all. If my job was to run the ball, I’d be a running back or something,” Stroud said. “I throw the ball for a living. Sometimes, of course, it might look obvious when you throw the ball and everybody runs to the ball, ‘Oh, he should have ran it.’ But I feel like I do my job when my number’s called.”

Kid could use some coaching on using canned responses with the media. 

Harbaugh is earning about $3MM in bonuses this season.
If this is what weird / quirky guys do then we need more weird / quirky guys.  Very cool. 

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has decided to give his bonus money this season back to staff members of the Michigan athletic department who suffered pay cuts during the COVID-19 pandemic.

When the pandemic hit in 2020, Michigan announced 5 to 10 percent pay cuts for most of its athletic department staffers. During an appearance on the "Inside Michigan Football" radio show this week, Harbaugh made the announcement that he and his wife, Sarah, would be dispersing his bonus money to the Michigan staffers no matter the amount. With Harbaugh's announcement, any staff member who took either a voluntary or mandatory pay cut in the past 18 months who still works for Michigan has the chance to receive some of Harbaugh's bonus money. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/jim-harbaugh-bonus-money-michigan-ad-staffers/1hbb0zzq7shmv1lgl0xcrt8na6

Eh, after all those disappointing seasons, it's the least he could do.

Rumors he is going to sign a long extension for about half the going rate of what all the offseason coaches have gotten his year. 8 years 50 mil. I guess when you have plenty of money, may as well do what you want and not worry about hearing people bitch you are making to much. 

I think this year is going to be the exception. I think most years are going to be 10ish wins mixed in with a few years like this seasons here and there. I am totally cool with that after that past 15 years since Lloyd left. 

Next year the offense will be better but the defense will be a lot worse.

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

Rumors he is going to sign a long extension for about half the going rate of what all the offseason coaches have gotten his year. 8 years 50 mil. I guess when you have plenty of money, may as well do what you want and not worry about hearing people bitch you are making to much. 

I think this year is going to be the exception. I think most years are going to be 10ish wins mixed in with a few years like this seasons here and there. I am totally cool with that after that past 15 years since Lloyd left. 

From where? From who?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blotto said:

After watching that spirited effort against tOSU, I thought Jimmy's squad could give UGA all they wanted. Lol, Harbaugh. 

Same here.  But then they showed a clip earlier in the game with their game against Nebraska where they struggled and it got me thinking the tOSU game might have been a fluke.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Same here.  But then they showed a clip earlier in the game with their game against Nebraska where they struggled and it got me thinking the tOSU game might have been a fluke.   

Everyone struggled with Nebraska. All 9 of their losses were by single digits. Just insane.

• Haha 1

Ok took 24 hrs and thought about it. We obviously got destroyed but shit what a season. I honestly didn’t have them winning more then 5 games 7 max. They had a great season beat OSU and Won the BIG. That is success for me as a REALISTIC Michigan fan. The fact is Georgia has 40 top 100 players on their roster I think I saw in a stat and M 7. That’s not on anyone but Harbaugh. HE needs to do better. The classes he gets are nice and win 9-10 games a year and a maybe an occasional big championship and a trip to the CFP’s but I they have to upgrade talent. To me this year seems more like a fluke then something consistent because it’s taken him so long to get here with nothing in between. No OSU wins 1-7 in bowl games ect. Hope I’m wrong but this was an incredible season. The best ones are the least expected and this was one of them. GO BLUE 

On 12/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, Juicy said:

You guys are pretty lucky if that's true. I could see Michigan recruiting better in the NIL era, too. 

53 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Think last night is probably the best that Michigan will get out of Harbaugh.  

Agree. He’s like mark richt at Georgia. I feel like we need a coach that can put us over the top. I’m at a cross road. He gives us 9-10 wins a season but loses to msu OSU. I hate it but what if we get another Rich Rod? Ughhhh

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

Agree. He’s like mark richt at Georgia. I feel like we need a coach that can put us over the top. I’m at a cross road. He gives us 9-10 wins a season but loses to msu OSU. I hate it but what if we get another Rich Rod? Ughhhh

Yep. Probably best to give him a few more seasons because as you noted the next HC could be much worse.

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

I don’t get this.  You’re never going to recruit like these top SEC schools at Michigan.   They are dirtier than you can imagine. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

Harbaugh is a good coach and that team played literally as well as could be expected all season. 12 wins in the B1G isn’t a fluke.

tOSU is where they are because of Urban and a willingness to be SEC North.  Michigan probably will have teams that perform to the top of their realistic ability under Harbaugh, which will be at this level. Unless or until they decide they want to cheat and play as dirty as the Buckeyes. 

• Like 1

Michigan has more money than anyone in the Big Ten and just about anyone in college football. I think they're a lot like Texas in that NIL will finally allow them to deploy the money cannon that the rules didn't allow them to deploy before.

If you believe that tradition/infrastructure plus booster money is the recipe for future success, Michigan is as well positioned as anyone now that the booster money can be aboveboard.

If I were a fan from a poorer states or poorer school, I'd worry about losing status (LSU, OU, Clemson?).

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan