9.2.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

35 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

How much longer until we get either Young or Johnson back? I thought Young was a 2-4 week injury and Johnson was 6 weeks? 

34 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

When is Young supposed to be back?  Rice?  OK State?

He had a high ankle sprains. I doubt he’ll be back any time soon, and even then, those things are easy to re-injure. I doubt he’ll be much help for at least 5-6 more weeks.

Regardless of whether Smith is officially moved positions, I’m sure he and Duvernay will get at least a few carries each game. The short passing attack Is here to stay, folks. 

The hilarious part is even with all these RB injuries, I’m still glad Kyle Porter’s not on the roster after watching him for UH last night. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

He had a high ankle sprains. I doubt he’ll be back any time soon, and even then, those things are easy to re-injure. I doubt he’ll be much help for at least 5-6 more weeks.

The hilarious part is even with all these RB injuries, I’m still glad Kyle Porter’s not on the roster after watching him for UH last night. 

The other guy seemed better than porter

3 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

There is a small chance it's just coachspeak and not tip his hand that jake could be in there.

I want to believe. 

I would be shocked if there wasn't already a package in place for Jake to line up in the backfield before this latest injury.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Zach Shackelford went to Philly to have a procedure where a pin was surgically implanted into his ankle - he had chronic high ankle sprains. @Magus Ossis chime in if you have any idea.

But what does Philly have that you can't get in the state of Texas in terms of sports medicine care?

I don’t know that high ankle sprains merit leaving town, but William Meyers there is supposed to be good at sports hernia repairs. I have never treated someone who re-tore after having one fixed, so I can’t comment from experience on Whit’s prognosis, but 6 weeks sounds optimistic for him. Maybe back for November if we’re fortunate.

3 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I don’t know that high ankle sprains merit leaving town, but William Meyers there is supposed to be good at sports hernia repairs. I have never treated someone who re-tore after having one fixed, so I can’t comment from experience on Whit’s prognosis, but 6 weeks sounds optimistic for him. Maybe back for November if we’re fortunate.

I was wondering if you happen to be familiar with procedures for what I presume is ankle stability - what Shackelford went through.

I didn't think 6 weeks is realistic either. I almost want him to sit out this season so he has the best chances of healing up. Playing through pain associated with this injury through high school and into college is a red flag to me and I feel it's best to be conservative with his health moving forward.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Only question I have is if Whittington had a hernia since last year why didn’t they get it fixed in the summer? Hernias don’t just fix themselves and at some point require surgery right? 

It was a sports hernia and they can fix themselves (if you're patient -- I had one).  Still not sure why they didn't get it fixed.

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I was wondering if you happen to be familiar with procedures for what I presume is ankle stability - what Shackelford went through.

I didn't think 6 weeks is realistic either. I almost want him to sit out this season so he has the best chances of healing up. Playing through pain associated with this injury through high school and into college is a red flag to me and I feel it's best to be conservative with his health moving forward.

The syndesmosis between the distal tibia and fibula is basically a tough sheet allowing some limited motion but tethering the two bones. It is injured in a high ankle sprain. Old school was to put screws across while it healed. That was suboptimal in that it disallowed physiologic motion while the screws were in place— you had to take them out after healing and before allowing weight bearing. That or leave them, let them break, and hope their scraps didn’t make mischief later. Now most guys use some form of cable with buttons or tabs. It allows closer to physiologic motion and almost always can be left in. Neither technique is challenging. Rarely the tissue between the bones starts itself turning into bone after injury/surgery. Then you need to go in there after the unwanted bone stops growing and cut it out.

can someone explain why Ingram can't do 30 carries per game. it used to be the norm like when Ricky played.

He can and should have a bigger role than the 11 carries he got vs LA Tech or the similar work he got last year. The answer to your question is:

1.) He's got durability issues.
2.) A lot more is known about how that kind of workload impacts the body and mind than was 20 years ago.
3.) 30 carries in the kind of tempo system Texas runs now is very different than 30 carries in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I actually think Roschon can be a good 2nd back. He knows the offense pretty well at this point and has size and some speed. I was impressed with some cuts he did Saturday and he played pass protection which is a great sign.

He’s likely better that a recent starter back there ...

And also liked his demeanor - relaxed and confident.