Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Should have kept him and Valai

team fortress 2 no GIF

dude got processed out of Bama, was the rare person to hold 3 position coach jobs in like 20ish days (Hou for ~10 days, then Eagles for 12 days then Bama)

losing him was not really losing much.

58 minutes ago, Fud said:

In general, much less of a red flag. I wonder if there was something behind the scenes with Raymond and wanting to rid LSU of the stench of the previous regime that was around the Title IX stuff

Athletic reported he is making $725k at Florida - USA Today had him making $460k in 2020, $570 in 2021 and set to earn $600k in 22 at LSU. got a bump from CB/Recruiting Coordinator to CB/AHC at UF

he may not have agreed with how they handled Coach O? or just not liked Kelly?

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Are we gunna do this:?

There is no real discussion here. Valai is one of the worst assistants in recent memory. He is in Les Koenning, Bruce Chambers, Joe Wickline territory for me. As terrible of a year last year as we had, Joseph still flipped Terrance Brooks from tOSU, pulled in Ryan Watts, and generally is known as a good coach. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I think one of the early indicators with how well a new hire is going to hit the ground running is whether or not he decides to keep the best assistants on staff. In the post-hire honeymoon phase, it's difficult to find tangible signs of how the job is going early on, but I think that's one that fans who follow the team closely can judge relatively accurately 

Sark kept Andre Coleman so we should be good, right?

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Octavian said:

Iirc this guy is their version of Ears to the Streets so seems like he could commit this weekend.

He cancelled his tOSU trip to make a return visit to us after being quoted that we “checked all of his boxes” on his visit last weekend.

Likely coming to commit. Too bad his 247 rating hasn’t caught up to how he is seen by multiple upper level programs. On3 has him a bit high in my mind, but he’s a good one. 

Edited by Atticus

19 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He cancelled his tOSU trip to make a return visit to us after being quoted that we “checked all of his boxes” 

Likely coming to commit. Too bad his 247 rating hasn’t caught up to how he is seen by multiple upper level programs. On3 has him a bit high in my mind, but he’s a good one. 

Yep. Easily a top 200 kid in the country at a huge position of need.

Edited by Hookem2147

5 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Any other year.

This Manning recruitment will significantly impact our ‘22 class. 

Just how stupid do you think the Mannings are? You think every keyboard warrior on this board knows the current state of the program but the fucking Mannings could be sold a polished turd, if only we didn’t play bama? Holy fuck… Do yourself a favor and find a team bama hasn’t mopped the floor with at some point. That’s the worst case scenario, something every other team they’ve played has dealt with. Or, Texas could surprise the shit out of everyone.

Either way, Manning isn’t going to be swayed by this game. I’m confident the family knows a thing or two about football, and would be as shocked as the rest of us if the game is competitive. If he comes here, it’s because he believes in the future of Longhorn football or simply loves the place, not that some scrubs who lost at home to Kansas are suddenly going to be coached up to a national championship level team.

• Hook 'Em 8

I was looking at the HUDLs of linebackers and there was so little film of reading a play or moving in coverage. Most of the film was shooting a gap and making a big hit. I think I would look at some guy like this and turn him into a linebacker https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2023/jayden-bonsu-280031  . I assume that is what GP does.

Edited by Bevo

I had a dream last night that Arch committed to Bama this weekend on his visit. Can you imagine how unbearable this site would be for like the next 9 months if that happened?

Also, I think I might pay too much attention to recruiting. 

Didn’t Sark recruit Ty Simpson to bama? Just wondering out loud.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I had a dream last night that Arch committed to Bama this weekend on his visit. Can you imagine how unbearable this site would be for like the next 9 months if that happened?

Also, I think I might pay too much attention to recruiting. 

On 3/31/2022 at 8:55 AM, tokamak said:

Always got the two of them mixed up tbh. IIRC Marcus was a very solid college player, no?

Engrossed with what happens combined with feeble understanding of the product.

This is the sweet spot for internet posters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Chango said:

Didn’t Sark recruit Ty Simpson to bama? Just wondering out loud.

No. Bob did.
Gullette was on campus earlier this week, Thursday I believe. At Bama this weekend, he’s got family from there. If they push hard, he’s probably going there.