Spoiler

D'Onta > Armanti
Naashon > Camrhon
Colt >>> Case
Jordan > Jaxon
Devin > Donovan
Sam ?? Emanuel (I think about equal)
Kris > Demarco
Michael >? Marcus (better NFL career for sure)
Quentin = Quandre

Honestly seems like we always get at least one stud out of brother pairs, and the Shipleys, Achos, Griffins, and Jammer/Diggs all gave us at least two solid contributors. Have we ever had a pair of duds?

Johnnie Johnson >>Collin Johnson >>> Kirk
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 3/30/2022 at 8:39 AM, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I love what we are doing in Louisiana. Make LSU expend resources to fight for their own guys instead of coming in state to steal some of ours. Ive always thought that a pipeline to Louisiana and Arizona would get this plane off the runway.

Our Louisiana alums are some of our best I think. They certainly have a better understanding of what we need to win from my experience. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol wut. He was the primary position coach the majority of people wanted kept on staff. 

You may need to recalibrate your memory of being the lone, ingenious poster who fought off a sea of morons screaming for his removal. 

My memory is perfectly fine. I defended him repeatedly about his work with the shitty LB's he had in his room and I was put on blast by multiple posters because of it.

20 hours ago, tokamak said:

I honestly remember both of them being very solid but not quite star-level college players. 

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

They were on completely opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of talent and production. Also, I think Marcus was a walkon. He was better than Dylan Haines so I guess he had that going for him.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

not keeping him was a bigger mistake than not keeping Traylor (who would have left soon anyway)

I think one of the early indicators with how well a new hire is going to hit the ground running is whether or not he decides to keep the best assistants on staff. In the post-hire honeymoon phase, it's difficult to find tangible signs of how the job is going early on, but I think that's one that fans who follow the team closely can judge relatively accurately 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think one of the early indicators with how well a new hire is going to hit the ground running is whether or not he decides to keep the best assistants on staff. In the post-hire honeymoon phase, it's difficult to find tangible signs of how the job is going early on, but I think that's one that fans who follow the team closely can judge relatively accurately 

What if one of the assistants is offered to stay but walks out the door for a pretty lateral move Corey Raymond style? Is that a red flag in your mind?

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What if one of the assistants is offered to stay but walks out the door for a pretty lateral move Corey Raymond style? Is that a red flag in your mind?

In general, much less of a red flag. I wonder if there was something behind the scenes with Raymond and wanting to rid LSU of the stench of the previous regime that was around the Title IX stuff

6 minutes ago, Nope said:

Should have kept him and Valai

Eh, Valai was a jag. Young and energetic, but his recruiting prowess got overblown and Saban couldn't even wait a full year before setting up the trap door to OU. He also did a poor job managing the DB room the year he was here. He was the reason Kenyatta Watson walked out the door mid season despite even Herman telling Valai to make sure Watson was happy because he was going to be a key part of the future. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1