Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

ESPN 300 updated.  

Burrell at #269 nationally.  Johnson #110 and Spencer #115. Anthony Hill #4 overall.

Reed, Stroh, Cook, and Gullete are all 4*'s not in the 300.

Shelby, Chatman, Kiauway (sp?), and Turner are high 3*'s.

No rankings for Wilson and the big Humble DT.

Here's the Texas rankings.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/state/texas/class/2023/view/state

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

ESPN 300 updated.  

Burrell at #269 nationally.  Johnson #110 and Spencer #115. Anthony Hill #4 overall.

Reed, Stroh, Cook, and Gullete are all 4*'s not in the 300.

Shelby, Chatman, Kiauway (sp?), and Turner are high 3*'s.

No rankings for Wilson and the big Humble DT.

Here's the Texas rankings.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/state/texas/class/2023/view/state

Straight up no rankings for these offer lists? What even is the point of ESPN's rankings anymore?

https://247sports.com/player/jonah-wilson-46111826/

https://247sports.com/player/samu-taumanupepe-46114144/

(247 needs to get on it with Taumanupepe, too)

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Straight up no rankings for these offer lists? What even is the point of ESPN's rankings anymore?

Has 247 ever given a reason why they don't include On3 in the composite?  I've seen some posters ask on the 247 board, but never got a reply from any mods.

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wilson's HUDL shows great hands but not so much separation. Taumanupepe has a roll to fill.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Wilson's HUDL shows great hands but not so much separation. Taumanupepe has a roll to fill.

Wilson is probably behind Cook, Pettaway, and Parker on the WR board for in-state targets.  Probably Greathouse as well.  And that's not counting OOS guys like Brown.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Has 247 ever given a reason why they don't include On3 in the composite?  I've seen some posters ask on the 247 board, but never got a reply from any mods.

Probably because On3 has only been around for like 7 months.

I'm not sure if it's because 247 doesn't trust them, or doesn't want to legitimize the competition, or because they haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I imagine it's probably some combination of the three.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Teryor said:

Standish tldr confident Bama taking Holstein 

Reveal hidden contents

Mike posted a loaded Stampede this morning with the latest scoop following a massive Texas Longhorns recruiting weekend this morning. While there wasn’t a name like Arch Manning in town, this weekend was probably a better group of talent than Texas hosted last week with much bigger numbers and some highly-ranked prospects in town. Here are some additional notes we heard from the weekend with more to follow throughout the week.

–Texas extended an offer over the weekend to Wichita (KS) Heights RB John Randle Jr. who is ranked as the No. 184 player in the nation according to the 247 Sports composite. The 6-foot, 180-pound running back blew me away when watching tape, and if he posts better testing numbers than his 11.71 100 and a 22.69 200 as a sophomore I could see him getting a bump in ranking across the industry. Randle is the son of former Kansas running back John Randle and the nephew of former Oklahoma State and NFL running back Joseph Randle, and when watching him play it's easy to see the similarities and influences from those two. 

I caught up with a source to get up to speed on Randle Jr's recruitment and here is what he had to say, "The visit to Texas went really well for him. The family loved coach (Tashard) Choice and it meant a lot that Bijan Robinson spent quality time with him on the visit." The source mentioned that Arkansas was a school in a great spot with Randle but if Texas continued to push they could make up ground and cement a place in his top schools. Mike and I still believe that Texas will take two running backs in the 2023 cycle and should have more on Randle Jr. later on.

COMMENTS
–One of the recurring themes we're picking up on visit weekends is how well the Texas staff is connecting with recruits across a wide range of backgrounds. Two major reasons for that are new additions Tashard Choice and Brennan Marion who have brought a surge of energy that was desperately needed. Marion, Choice, Gideon, and Banks were coaches that were highlighted as elite relationship builders while credit was given to Bo Davis and Jeff Choate for blending relationship building with scheme-related pitches to prospects. All in all the feedback we're getting is that the Texas coaching staff and off the field staff are firing on all cylinders and starting to complement each other's strengths and weaknesses. 

–Lastly, I caught up with a source plugged in with Alabama recruiting that feels like it's a near certainty that Alabama winds up taking former Texas A&M commit Eli Holstein as their QB take this year. That's not to say that Alabama did a poor job on the visit with Manning, but word out of Tuscaloosa seems to be that Texas and Georgia are the runaway favorites for the No. 1 player in the nation. 

So it’s down to us and the defending national champs, but they have an underwhelming track record for NFL QB development. Goddamn we might pull it off. 

27 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So it’s down to us and the defending national champs, but they have an underwhelming track record for NFL QB development. Goddamn we might pull it off. 

We just need Sark to find moderate success on the field (~9 wins) and keep the offense clicking. What could go wrong?! 

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I'm not sure if it's because 247 doesn't trust them, or doesn't want to legitimize the competition, or because they haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I imagine it's probably some combination of the three.

Maybe their IT guys all left for On3 as well.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:
Spoiler

The Longhorns picked up a big commitment over the weekend and the staff is generating some momentum. As the spring begins to look toward official visits and the upcoming summer that should see more decisions, we return with another edition of Crystal Ballin', Horns247's prediction article chronicling new 247Sports Crystal Ball picks.

New Texas picks

Jordan Matthews, CB, Baton Rouge (LA.) Woodlawn

Matthews completed his fourth trip to Texas over the weekend and the buzz is growing around the Longhorns and the four-star cornerback. Texas attacked this recruitment since offering last May and Terry Joseph has the Longhorns in a position to pull one of the top players in Louisiana. I've entered a pick with a confidence score of 7.

Jaden Greathouse, WR, Austin Westlake

I've gone back and forth with this one for a while, but I think the time is right to put a pick in for the Austin native. Greathouse was at several games last fall and spent a lot of the spring visiting campus. Texas is recruiting him like a priority, and Greathouse is a guy I can see wanting to stay at home. I've entered a pick with a confidence score of 6.

Billy Walton, EDGE, Dallas South Oak Cliff

Walton has been on the periphery since Texas offered a few months ago, but Texas took a big step over the weekend scoring high marks the pass rusher and his family. Walton is looking to make a decision sometime soon and will visit Oklahoma State this weekend. Sources I spoke with felt Texas put forth an effort that will be tough to beat. I've entered a pick with a confidence score of 6.

Picks for other schools

Braylon James, WR, Del Valle

The buzz around the Austin-area wide receiver has the Fighting Irish surging for James with his commitment upcoming. There have been a trend of big-time wide receivers leaving the state over the past few years and James could be the next. I'm joining the Crystal Ball parade for Notre Dame with a confidence score of 7.

Jayvon Thomas, CB, Dallas South Oak Cliff

I've talked over the past few months about how Thomas seemed to be trending away from Texas. Texas A&M has been able to establish a strong foothold despite offering later than other schools in the race. Thomas has been to College Station a few times, and I like where the Aggies stand in this recruitment at the moment. I've entered a pick for Texas A&M with a confidence score of 6.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Roach with Texas CBs for Greathouse, Matthews, and Walton

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaden-Greathouse-46097197/

and a Notre Dame pick for James

https://247sports.com/Player/Braylon-James-46097448/

Greathouse does all the little things well. I think he will be good. I like James as well. He is not nearly as polished but he is a better athlete.

56 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

I don't follow recruiting very closely, but saw this, and thought I'd share.  Apologies if already covered.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/2023_rb_cedric_baxter_jr_building_great_relationship_with_texas_running_back_room/s1_16598_37371354

Kid is a monster, gets north/south in a hurry. https://247sports.com/player/cedric-baxter-jr-46098809/

• Hook 'Em 1

IT on 2023 class numbers (surely everyone's #1 concern)

Spoiler

Scholarship numbers by position are one of the most fun things to discuss as it appeals to recruitniks who like to wear GM hats, and also those who follow for the drama. The tension is pretty funny between the two personality types, the GM wants to slow the process down to a deliberate pace, the drama kings are wanting to sprint to fill out the class in order to start working on the 2024 class.

In this post we’ll discuss both sides of it. 

To be clear, these are not official numbers, but most of them are accurate. Breaking down numbers is typically common sense based on composition of the previous class, roster needs, expected loss through attrition and graduation, and who the staff is prioritizing.

As always, for myriad reasons the numbers will evolve the further into the cycle we get: the season itself will inform new needs, it will prove an ascending or stagnating trend-line with recruits, elite players are numbers busters you make room for, and the staff could elect to conserve space to address needs in the portal.

Quarterback (1)
Realistic candidate: Arch Manning

The staff has long been pot-committed on Arch. He’s the one in a class of one. Texas being credibly in this recruitment has helped create excitement around the overall class. They need to close the deal or eventually we’ll be having different conversations about numbers.

Running back (2)
Realistic candidates: Rueben Owens, Cedric Baxter Jr., Cameron Cook, John Randle Jr., Javin Simpkins, Tre Wisner

Everyone knows Owens is the instate prize and Baxter Jr. will be very difficult to poach out of the Southeast. Texas is in the thick of the 100% open Owens recruitment. He’ll have a spot for quite some time. 

What happens with the second running back take is a total mystery at this point. Because of Owens’ ability to play immediately the staff could ultimately only go with one take in the class in order to address needs elsewhere. That’s unlikely at this point, but like we said, numbers change over time.

Wide receiver (4)
Realistic candidates: Johntay Cook, Jalen Brown, Jaquaize Pettaway, Jaden Greathouse, Jonah Wilson, Jalen Hale, Kyle Parker

Cook has a spot as long as he wants it. 

Brown is a numbers buster, but fortunately for the staff, he’ll likely decide before his senior season. 

Pettaway running blazing track times (10.4 100m, 20.8 200m) is a reminder of how unique he is. 

Greathouse is indeed a priority — I know many think he’ll end up as a tight end but I think the long-term view is for slot weapon (they just took Savion Red for a similar fit). He likely won’t be on a long timeline which again aids the staff’s long-term planning. 

Sarkisian is high on Hale but that’s a tough recruitment and they seem to be lining up Wilson for that predominantly XWR fit. 

Kyle Parker is quicker than fast and likely slot-specific. 

In my opinion, they should offer Anthony Evans. The Arkansas commit is smooth, quick, fast, and has great body control in the air. He’s slight of build but can credibly play any of the three receiver positions.

Tight end (1-2)
Realistic candidates: Lafayette Kaiuway, Will Randle, Connor Cox

Kaiuway seems to be a coin-flip between Texas and North Carolina. Texas leads for Randle and they’re recruiting him hard. If the staff misses on Kaiuway, they could take their time and evaluate. There are actually some good options instate. They could also just ride with Randle since the roster is still young.

Offensive line (4-5)
Realistic candidates: Jaydon Chatman, Harris Sewell, Andre Cojoe, Connor Stroh, Ian Reed, Vysen Lang, Zay Alexander, Isaiah Robinson

In large part because the class isn’t as good as the 2022 crop, Kyle Flood isn’t star-gazing nearly as much as he did in 2023. Aside Sewell and Chatman, this is a blue-collar group, though Cojoe is a grade ahead and would be more highly rated if he had his film as a 2024 recruit. Stroh is also on an interesting developmental curve, and Ian Reed has some intriguing athleticism. 

It could very well be that four of the first five guys listed end up in the class, but if that occurred, we have the number possibly going to five in case the staff can land a higher ceiling player who currently prefers defensive line. Those options are numerous.

Interior defensive line (2)
Realistic candidates: David Hicks, My’Keil Gardner, Avion Carter, Ansel Nedore, Matayo Uiagaleilei, Samu Taumanupepe, Markis Deal, Zalance Heard, Jaren Woods, Sydir Mitchell

We don’t see Hicks happening but can’t entirely rule it out. The staff is very high on Gardner and it wouldn’t be surprising if Bo Davis won that recruitment. If he jumps in first, they might only be looking at the guys with O-line potential, which are Deal, Heard, Woods, and potentially Mitchell. Mitchell will make the long trip to visit this month. 

Numbers busters here are Deal, Heard, and potentially Matayo U.

Carter and Nedore are two quality swing lineman the staff is high on, but we’re watching numbers.

EDGE (3)
Realistic candidates: Dylan Spencer (committed), Ashton Porter, Colton Vasek, Desmond Umeozulu, Braylan Shelby, Billy Walton

Numbers within EDGE are a little uncertain, and then there’s the added confusion provided by a couple of linebackers.

Spencer is a Jack defensive end and they’ll likely only take one more of those. Him committing early provided the staff with a lot of leverage to remain patient if they wish. 

We’ve hard Porter penciled in the class forever, but the longer he waits the longer we wonder if it’ll happen. Vasek’s recruitment isn’t as cut and dried as you’d expect for a local legacy. We think they want him for but the coaches will have to match intensity of other schools. Umeozulu just visited and he’s very difficult to get a read on.

Shelby and Walton are Buck outside linebackers. Texas could probably land either, but are also after Derion Gullette, who is being recruited as an inside linebacker in addition to outside linebacker. That’s a good sell but it muddies the numbers a bit.

Linebacker (3)
Realistic candidates: S’Maje Burrell (committed), Anthony Hill, Derion Gullette, Johnathan Hall, Brad Spence, Jayven Anderson

Having Burrell in the fold early is akin to landing Spencer. It buys time to work on elites while building relationships with contingencies. 

Hill will require a spirited effort to sign. He’s a numbers buster for the staff. Texas is directly in it for Gullette, but I see him as an OLB long term and they need numbers at linebacker, especially with the move this morning of Jaden Hullaby to offense. 

As someone who moves like a safety but will grow into a prototypical modern linebacker build, Hall is a take to me. However, this staff likes to bide its time. We’ve reported in the past Texas would have a very good chance to land Hall if they push.

Spence is similar to Gullette as more of an outside linebacker, but I actually think he would have a better chance to play inside than the insanely talented Gullette. Gullette has more upside playing outside. Both are studs on the track — Spence just broke 11-flat in the 100m at 6-foot-2, 220ish pounds. 

Anderson is similar to Hall as a potential safety to linebacker convert, but the staff has not closed the book on him at safety. There’s a chance he figures into the class at that position because they simply like his football make-up.

Safety (3)
Realistic candidates: Jamel Johnson (committed), Dalton Brooks, Derek Williams Jr., Jamaal Shaw, Tyler Turner, Anthony White

Johnson could also play nickel.

There isn’t an elite player who sets up particularly well for the staff, but they have an okay chance for Brooks and Williams. 

Shaw, Turner, and White are quality options who could absolutely play at Texas but it’s early in the cycle.

Cornerback (2)
Realistic candidates: Javien Toviano, Jordan Matthews, Malik Muhammad, Bravion Rogers, Jayvon Thomas, Tay’Shawn Wilson

Texas is in a good spot for Matthews and has to save room for Toviano. Where it gets interesting is, if they pushed harder on Muhammad they‘d have a solid chance there. Could they rob a number from safety? 

Rogers is a corner, but could also play safety or nickel. Given where they are with safety, they may just want to view him as a defensive back. The stud athlete is a no-brainer take. He’s on a longer timeline which should allow the staff time to figure things out.

Thomas isn’t likely to end up at Texas. Stud athlete with big upside, but fade this recruitment. 

Wilson could be a corner or nickel.

Athlete (0-1)
Realistic candidates: Mikal Harrison-Pilot

If they short safety, but still land MH-P, then they didn’t really short safety unless he ends up at wide receiver. You love versatility in a class.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

IT on 2023 class numbers (surely everyone's #1 concern)

Hide contents

Scholarship numbers by position are one of the most fun things to discuss as it appeals to recruitniks who like to wear GM hats, and also those who follow for the drama. The tension is pretty funny between the two personality types, the GM wants to slow the process down to a deliberate pace, the drama kings are wanting to sprint to fill out the class in order to start working on the 2024 class.

In this post we’ll discuss both sides of it. 

To be clear, these are not official numbers, but most of them are accurate. Breaking down numbers is typically common sense based on composition of the previous class, roster needs, expected loss through attrition and graduation, and who the staff is prioritizing.

As always, for myriad reasons the numbers will evolve the further into the cycle we get: the season itself will inform new needs, it will prove an ascending or stagnating trend-line with recruits, elite players are numbers busters you make room for, and the staff could elect to conserve space to address needs in the portal.

Quarterback (1)
Realistic candidate: Arch Manning

The staff has long been pot-committed on Arch. He’s the one in a class of one. Texas being credibly in this recruitment has helped create excitement around the overall class. They need to close the deal or eventually we’ll be having different conversations about numbers.

Running back (2)
Realistic candidates: Rueben Owens, Cedric Baxter Jr., Cameron Cook, John Randle Jr., Javin Simpkins, Tre Wisner

Everyone knows Owens is the instate prize and Baxter Jr. will be very difficult to poach out of the Southeast. Texas is in the thick of the 100% open Owens recruitment. He’ll have a spot for quite some time. 

What happens with the second running back take is a total mystery at this point. Because of Owens’ ability to play immediately the staff could ultimately only go with one take in the class in order to address needs elsewhere. That’s unlikely at this point, but like we said, numbers change over time.

Wide receiver (4)
Realistic candidates: Johntay Cook, Jalen Brown, Jaquaize Pettaway, Jaden Greathouse, Jonah Wilson, Jalen Hale, Kyle Parker

Cook has a spot as long as he wants it. 

Brown is a numbers buster, but fortunately for the staff, he’ll likely decide before his senior season. 

Pettaway running blazing track times (10.4 100m, 20.8 200m) is a reminder of how unique he is. 

Greathouse is indeed a priority — I know many think he’ll end up as a tight end but I think the long-term view is for slot weapon (they just took Savion Red for a similar fit). He likely won’t be on a long timeline which again aids the staff’s long-term planning. 

Sarkisian is high on Hale but that’s a tough recruitment and they seem to be lining up Wilson for that predominantly XWR fit. 

Kyle Parker is quicker than fast and likely slot-specific. 

In my opinion, they should offer Anthony Evans. The Arkansas commit is smooth, quick, fast, and has great body control in the air. He’s slight of build but can credibly play any of the three receiver positions.

Tight end (1-2)
Realistic candidates: Lafayette Kaiuway, Will Randle, Connor Cox

Kaiuway seems to be a coin-flip between Texas and North Carolina. Texas leads for Randle and they’re recruiting him hard. If the staff misses on Kaiuway, they could take their time and evaluate. There are actually some good options instate. They could also just ride with Randle since the roster is still young.

Offensive line (4-5)
Realistic candidates: Jaydon Chatman, Harris Sewell, Andre Cojoe, Connor Stroh, Ian Reed, Vysen Lang, Zay Alexander, Isaiah Robinson

In large part because the class isn’t as good as the 2022 crop, Kyle Flood isn’t star-gazing nearly as much as he did in 2023. Aside Sewell and Chatman, this is a blue-collar group, though Cojoe is a grade ahead and would be more highly rated if he had his film as a 2024 recruit. Stroh is also on an interesting developmental curve, and Ian Reed has some intriguing athleticism. 

It could very well be that four of the first five guys listed end up in the class, but if that occurred, we have the number possibly going to five in case the staff can land a higher ceiling player who currently prefers defensive line. Those options are numerous.

Interior defensive line (2)
Realistic candidates: David Hicks, My’Keil Gardner, Avion Carter, Ansel Nedore, Matayo Uiagaleilei, Samu Taumanupepe, Markis Deal, Zalance Heard, Jaren Woods, Sydir Mitchell

We don’t see Hicks happening but can’t entirely rule it out. The staff is very high on Gardner and it wouldn’t be surprising if Bo Davis won that recruitment. If he jumps in first, they might only be looking at the guys with O-line potential, which are Deal, Heard, Woods, and potentially Mitchell. Mitchell will make the long trip to visit this month. 

Numbers busters here are Deal, Heard, and potentially Matayo U.

Carter and Nedore are two quality swing lineman the staff is high on, but we’re watching numbers.

EDGE (3)
Realistic candidates: Dylan Spencer (committed), Ashton Porter, Colton Vasek, Desmond Umeozulu, Braylan Shelby, Billy Walton

Numbers within EDGE are a little uncertain, and then there’s the added confusion provided by a couple of linebackers.

Spencer is a Jack defensive end and they’ll likely only take one more of those. Him committing early provided the staff with a lot of leverage to remain patient if they wish. 

We’ve hard Porter penciled in the class forever, but the longer he waits the longer we wonder if it’ll happen. Vasek’s recruitment isn’t as cut and dried as you’d expect for a local legacy. We think they want him for but the coaches will have to match intensity of other schools. Umeozulu just visited and he’s very difficult to get a read on.

Shelby and Walton are Buck outside linebackers. Texas could probably land either, but are also after Derion Gullette, who is being recruited as an inside linebacker in addition to outside linebacker. That’s a good sell but it muddies the numbers a bit.

Linebacker (3)
Realistic candidates: S’Maje Burrell (committed), Anthony Hill, Derion Gullette, Johnathan Hall, Brad Spence, Jayven Anderson

Having Burrell in the fold early is akin to landing Spencer. It buys time to work on elites while building relationships with contingencies. 

Hill will require a spirited effort to sign. He’s a numbers buster for the staff. Texas is directly in it for Gullette, but I see him as an OLB long term and they need numbers at linebacker, especially with the move this morning of Jaden Hullaby to offense. 

As someone who moves like a safety but will grow into a prototypical modern linebacker build, Hall is a take to me. However, this staff likes to bide its time. We’ve reported in the past Texas would have a very good chance to land Hall if they push.

Spence is similar to Gullette as more of an outside linebacker, but I actually think he would have a better chance to play inside than the insanely talented Gullette. Gullette has more upside playing outside. Both are studs on the track — Spence just broke 11-flat in the 100m at 6-foot-2, 220ish pounds. 

Anderson is similar to Hall as a potential safety to linebacker convert, but the staff has not closed the book on him at safety. There’s a chance he figures into the class at that position because they simply like his football make-up.

Safety (3)
Realistic candidates: Jamel Johnson (committed), Dalton Brooks, Derek Williams Jr., Jamaal Shaw, Tyler Turner, Anthony White

There isn’t an elite player who sets up particularly well for the staff, but they have an okay chance for Brooks and Williams. 

Shaw, Turner, and White are quality options who could absolutely play at Texas but it’s early in the cycle.

Cornerback (2)
Realistic candidates: Javien Toviano, Jordan Matthews, Malik Muhammad, Bravion Rogers, Jayvon Thomas, Tay’Shawn Wilson

Texas is in a good spot for Matthews and has to save room for Toviano. Where it gets interesting is, if they pushed harder on Muhammad they‘d have a solid chance there. Could they rob a number from safety? 

Rogers is a corner, but could also play safety or nickel. Given where they are with safety, they may just want to view him as a defensive back. The stud athlete is a no-brainer take. He’s on a longer timeline which should allow the staff time to figure things out.

Thomas isn’t likely to end up at Texas. Stud athlete with big upside, but fade this recruitment. 

Wilson could be a corner or nickel.

Athlete (0-1)
Realistic candidates: Mikal Harrison-Pilot

If they short safety, but still land MH-P, then they didn’t really short safety unless he ends up at wide receiver. You love versatility in a class.

Just watched Jalen Brown's HUDL highlights for the first time. Holy crap.

36 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Safety (3)

There isn’t an elite player who sets up particularly well for the staff, but they have an okay chance for Brooks and Williams. 

Cornerback (2)

I absolutely hate that. I would take a minimum of 3 CBs every year. That number shoudl be reversed at a minimum and 4 to 1 would make me happy. You can make a CB into a safety, you cant make a Safety into a CB. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Greathouse does all the little things well. I think he will be good. I like James as well. He is not nearly as polished but he is a better athlete.

Depending on how Greathouse's body develops, he could be another JWhit or our very own version of Dimitri Flowers. I think James projects as a more pure receiver prototype. 

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Well, shit.

Also, I've lived in the Houston area for more than a decade and I've never heard of "Katy Paetow"

They have a few FBS-level players in 2023

https://247sports.com/player/cj-johnson-46102095/

https://247sports.com/player/alex-kilgore-46112928/

https://247sports.com/Player/Daymion-Sanford-46129605/

30 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Playing in Katy? Hicks to aggy confirmed.

Did somebody buy Footwork King a new facility near Katy?

Also, you haven't ever heard of Katy Paetow? They are the reigning 5A State Champions in football.

They just opened a few years ago, but somehow siphoned off a lot of the best football players in the Katy area, and tricked the UIL system to keep their enrollment low enough to stick in 5A.

7 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

6 hours ago, NevaLost said:

We just need Sark to find moderate success on the field (~9 wins) and keep the offense clicking. What could go wrong?! 

Isn’t Manning expected to commit before the season? If so, what we do during the season (unless it is complete disaster) won’t affect his recruitment. I don’t believe he is the type to decommit from wherever he chooses.

23 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

At around 2.40, while he is watching the practice, he says, "damn, he dropped the ball." I just knew in my guts who it was, and then they show #15 to confirm it. 

Edited by UTEE97
Typo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Tbh they were kind of meh for me. A lot of big plays using his straight line speed. DBs that can’t keep up with him playing press coverage and giving him free releases to the outside. Didn’t get to see a lot of how he moves out of breaks or his YAC ability in the open field.

All that said, I’m sure he’s a badass and I’m just an idiot that watched 3 minutes of film on the internets. 

2 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Isn’t Manning expected to commit before the season? If so, what we do during the season (unless it is complete disaster) won’t affect his recruitment. I don’t believe he is the type to decommit from wherever he chooses.

I've seen several timelines for his commitment floated by different 9.95ers... which I think is usually an indication that none of them have a fucking clue. So par for the course. You're definitely right about him not being the type to decommit. 

I haven’t been following this thread much lately but was surprised to read two items. 

First, I thought On3 just stated they think Bama now leads for Manning. Didn’t see anything on here regarding that. 

Second, Greathouse is very interested in Texas, but last I heard Texas was still a bit unsure about some things with him and that was keeping him from being a top priority at the moment. Maybe something just changed