Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

14 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I believe that he is unable to do extensive exercise due to a heart condition that was discovered two years ago during a pre camp physical. He had open heart surgery in 2020 and he talked about it a little in this press conference.

oh no pain GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Watching that clip, he actually looks way better now. Nothing wrong with preparing for the next famine, I’m doing it too. 

I’m not sure what the public perception of his sobriety is but I have heard he’s only about a 20 months or so sober (I think the story when he was hired was that he was several years sober).  It’s not unusual for recovering addicts to see some weight fluctuation; might be evidence he’s still on the wagon (or not, but if he did start dropping weight fast I’d be concerned).  

8 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I’m not sure what the public perception of his sobriety is but I have heard he’s only about a 20 months or so sober (I think the story when he was hired was that he was several years sober).  It’s not unusual for recovering addicts to see some weight fluctuation; might be evidence he’s still on the wagon (or not, but if he did start dropping weight fast I’d be concerned).  

Source? This is the first I’ve heard of him having a recent slip in his recovery. 

2 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Source? This is the first I’ve heard of him having a recent slip in his recovery. 

source is surly. it’s been discussed here by some that he’s even actively drinking. but I wouldn’t put much stock in what you read here. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Someone involved in the AD’s office but that doesn’t mean it’s true (or that it’s false).  They gossip like the rest of us do.  

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I never heard either of these before.  Open heart surgery with lasting effects and still not sober - both right before we hired him.  

So, did Kevin Eltife make his money at the horse track or something?

I heard he is recovering from syphilis but recently had a setback. 

True story. 

Edited by Junior Bonner

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Has a Texas offer. 

He ran a freaking 20.79 200m earlier this year. The composite doesn’t even have him in the top 15, which seems absurd. He’s the best athlete in this class by a mile. His athleticism at his size is literally unprecedented.

2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

He ran a freaking 20.79 200m earlier this year. The composite doesn’t even have him in the top 15, which seems absurd. He’s the best athlete in this class by a mile. His athleticism at his size is literally unprecedented.

image.jpeg.8a9acdf99e137e44f0d3b6d65bc51c60.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Let’s not do this again. . . Of all the guys that was supposedly silent to us last season how many did we get???  

Anderson - No

Stewart - No 

Perkins - No

etc

I say we just wait. It’s a reason they haven’t made it public 

Edited by D3zii
  • Rage+1 1

This was edited and yet the most glaring error remained?

082D9F1A-39BF-44C5-B149-F57D9088D91A.thumb.jpeg.b44fbdcf8a5957e333ed745dbfbc4605.jpeg

There is a reason they haven’t made it public.

If we knew the reason, then…

“It is the reason they haven’t made it public.”

…would be an option.

But “It’s a reason” would imply that one reason has been discussed a great deal, but that there could be other reasons… and that is not the way that this discussion has been going.

👍

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, D3zii said:

Let’s not do this again. . . Of all the guys that was supposedly silent to us last season how many did we get???  

Anderson - No

Stewart - No 

Perkins - No

etc

I say we just wait. It’s a reason they haven’t made it public 

Campbell- Yes

Banks- Yes

Hutson- yes 

Finkley- Yes

Murphy- Yes

Brown- yes

Brooks- yes

Allen Jr- yes

I could go on and on. Damn near every commit is a silent before they go public. It’s part of the process. Do you see that you’ve presented a moot point?

41 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

He is a freak athlete, but 20.79 is nowhere close to the fourth fastest high School 200m of all time.

The tweet clearly states it’s the 4th fastest time and there are several articles referencing this as well, maybe it’s the 4th fastest indoor time? Also would like to point out he does it without any blocks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

20.79 is the 4th best high school 200m of all time and he’s 6-5 225 pounds, so yes, literally.

You gotta assume there’s no chance we get this guy unless the stars align, we have a great season, +Arch Madness, Aggy gets bonked by the IRS

5 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

20.79 is the 4th best high school 200m of all time and he’s 6-5 225 pounds, so yes, literally.

Come Austin Powers GIF

fuck da tape, this kid should be the number 1 prospect regardless

Edited by Bevo14

57 minutes ago, futureman said:

usain bolt? not really, no. let me know when he shaves more than half a second off that 100. 

He could shave a lot of time as he has a slow start. His top speed, I don't know about - His 200 shows it to be very good but in the video he seemed to slow some at the end. Bolt always pulled away at that point. Regardless, the guy is fast and big.