Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Offer lists heavily suggest otherwise.  

Burke has the higher upside and would have had a much better offer list than what he had if he wasn’t slated to play lacrosse up until late in his senior year.

Michigan has a pretty good history with DL evals and was about to steal Burke out of our backyard.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I guess I am more rooting for the angry Westlake honks lamenting not getting him than I am rooting for his undersized ass to show up and smear mediocrity all over the field for 4 years while watching confused Westlake honks lament the lack of performance based almost certainly off of bad coaching. 

lol west lake mafia won’t be happy with you

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Probably won’t hurt aggy that they offered him late like it does us 

Aggy can drag ass on Stroh and still feel confident. 

But we offer Vasek early, but arent beating down his door. So we are gonna miss out?  

Love that Surly logic. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I guess I am more rooting for the angry Westlake honks lamenting not getting him than I am rooting for his undersized ass to show up and smear mediocrity all over the field for 4 years while watching confused Westlake honks lament the lack of performance based almost certainly off of bad coaching. 

I have always viewed him as pretty maxed out already for his frame. I can understand why we are prioritizing a bunch of baby giraffes with similar athleticism at edge. Burke will be 10X the player as Vasek in college once he transforms his body. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Burke > Vasek 

I’ve generally seen vasek as the better player now, but thought Burke had a much higher upside.

Let’s see how much people push for vasek at the end of the cycle. If he’s still getting this kind of attention, then maybe we should have pushed harder. 

Edited by Atticus

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Aggy can drag ass on Stroh and still feel confident. 

But we offer Vasek early, but arent beating down his door. So we are gonna miss out?  

Love that Surly logic. 

Annual exburb aggy legacy white OL != wealthy suburban school Texas legacy. This plays out every year.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, but what if he has glorious locks of golden hair that he refuses to cut until we win a Big 12 championship?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Annual exburb aggy legacy white OL != wealthy suburban school Texas legacy. This plays out every year.

Well, if the Vasek kid does decide to spurn his legacy, i hope the Vaseks have had a talk with the Brocks about how being personana non- grata at Texas has been working out for them. 

Fuck the Brocks. 

And fuck the ( insert name here)

7 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Burke has the higher upside and would have had a much better offer list than what he had if he wasn’t slated to play lacrosse up until late in his senior year.

Michigan has a pretty good history with DL evals and was about to steal Burke out of our backyard.

I got heat after the playoffs saying Vasek was better. I still think he is a much better athlete. We shall see

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Sad, stupid, Westlake honks: “Surely Vasek will win several Hesimans due to his superior breeding and top notch coaching” 

Wise, intelligent, Austin High fan: “lol who is Charles Wright and why does he play for Texas” 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Agreed, it’s still a question though. Probably just go ahead and snag both and see who plays out.

I know Gerry Hamilton saw him in person in March and thought he could get up to 270 relatively easily. Burke told him his goal was to be 255 in August.

32 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I know Gerry Hamilton saw him in person in March and thought he could get up to 270 relatively easily. Burke told him his goal was to be 255 in August.

my friend’s kid goes to west ridge with burke’s little brother. I’ll get him to find out what ethan is weighing these days and report back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

That may be too fast. I gained 25 pounds over a summer in high school from lifting constantly and lost a shit ton of flexibility. Had to do a years worth of track work to get it back.

Edited by Vertigo

13 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I got heat after the playoffs saying Vasek was better. I still think he is a much better athlete. We shall see

I haven't watched him beyond just highlights, but Vasek seemed like a dude that moves forward really fast. I didn't see much evidence of bend or lateral agility. I thought Burke's lateral agility and bend is better than Vasek, and I pretty much always value that more.

I cannot believe that even now people cannot see that super athletic individuals with a big frame can add 30-40 pounds and still be just as, if not more explosive with proper strength and conditioning. Burke will be running around at Texas in a few years at 265 plus without any problem. 

57 minutes ago, 46andtoo said:

I haven't watched him beyond just highlights, but Vasek seemed like a dude that moves forward really fast. I didn't see much evidence of bend or lateral agility. I thought Burke's lateral agility and bend is better than Vasek, and I pretty much always value that more.

It’s kind of simple. Vasek has always been one of the best athletes in his class at Westlake. He played off ball early at Westlake, because of that speed. Burke has never been consider the best athlete in his class. People don’t always develop at the same time, but that is where I am at one the 2. 

5 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I cannot believe that even now people cannot see that super athletic individuals with a big frame can add 30-40 pounds and still be just as, if not more explosive with proper strength and conditioning. Burke will be running around at Texas in a few years at 265 plus without any problem. 

Oh good, so we’re proper fucked. Thanks man 

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"I still ain't see no football trophies." Seriously?  This kid is going to try to go to college?

Johntay might want to learn to speak English before criticizing others for anything. 

You ever been to the south before? 70% of male teens talk like that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"I still ain't see no football trophies." Seriously?  This kid is going to try to go to college?

Johntay might want to learn to speak English before criticizing others for anything. 

You ain’t been around a teen in a minute. 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sad, stupid, Westlake honks: “Surely Vasek will win several Hesimans due to his superior breeding and top notch coaching” 

Wise, intelligent, Austin High fan: “lol who is Charles Wright and why does he play for Texas” 

I have said all along Wright never should have been recruited. I don’t think anyone was saying he was better than the QBs that were taken above him. They all just decommitted and Herman was a lazy dumbass and took him.