Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Crystal Ballin: New predictions for 2023 Texas targets

Hudson Standish

(Stan-dishing on his Randle and Mathews CBs for Texas, and his thoughts on Manning.)

Spoiler

Hudson Standish

I decided to enter two crystal ball predictions in favor of Texas for Isidore Newman TE Will Randle and Baton Rouge Woodlawn CB Jordan Matthews.

With Randle this pick has been in the works for months and I'm honestly surprised I didn't have to put in a prediction sooner. Texas is by far the best remaining option for the 6-foot-3, 220-pounder and when we talk to sources they mention that Randle has been a Texas lean throughout the spring. 

For Woodlawn's Jordan Matthews, the main reason I didn't enter a pick during the spring for Texas is that I felt like he would blow up during the offseason and I wanted to make sure and get a read once those new schools entered the mix. Even with Alabama, LSU, and Clemson now in the picture for Matthews I still feel very confident in the Longhorns' chances to grab the Baton Rouge native.

Where I'm at with a potential Arch Manning crystal ball?

I knew this would probably be the No. 1 question in the comments so I decided to just tackle it in the article really quickly. Since day one at 247, I said I was going to be very cautious with how I approach Manning's prediction and even though there were times during the spring I was tempted to make a pick for Texas, I'm glad I'm not tied to a crystal ball right now heading into this weekend's OV. 

We've heard a wide range of reads from sources ranging from slight Georgia lead, true head-to-head battle with family members on opposing sides, and even some feeling Texas has a confident lead behind the scenes. My personal read is a slight Texas lead that could quickly snowball in either direction after this weekend's visit. We'll be on the phones all weekend and will keep y'all posted throughout.

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hudson Standish

(Stan-dishing on his Randle and Mathews CBs for Texas, and his thoughts on Manning.)

Hide contents

Hudson Standish

Texas has a confident lead behind the scenes.

Well, there it is boys....We are Fucked!

Edited by FloridaHorn

24 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry said Terrance Green’s unofficial visit went so well that he canceled his USC OV for this weekend. They were thought to be one of the main competitors.

Can't remember, what position are we recruiting him for?  And is he one that wants to play a specific side, but projects better to the other?

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"Still waiting to confirm if Cook intends to visit Oregon" - Roach, probably

I literally heard him say on a youtube video today that he got confirmation from 3 different sources and Spencer Shannon himself that he was going to shut it down and he still waited a few days to enter the pick.