Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

37 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.30b87fb7bc66f934a2cbbc012270164e.png

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I assume they decided THAT was the price they were willing to pay to get a championship. If they get it in year 5, then have a losing season in 6 and 7, they still got what they wanted. They'd run him out and pay somebody else an insane amount of money in hopes to rinse and repeat. Only way I could imagine those clowns would keep him around after two losing seasons is if Texas was also putting together similar records. 

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I assume they decided THAT was the price they were willing to pay to get a championship. If they get it in year 5, then have a losing season in 6 and 7, they still got what they wanted. They'd run him out and pay somebody else an insane amount of money in hopes to rinse and repeat. Only way I could imagine those clowns would keep him around after two losing seasons is if Texas was also putting together similar records. 

I think they just extended him or gave him more money with the exact same terms.

So if 3-4 years are remaining on said contract you have 27-36 million in fully guaranteed buyouts. That contract is 9+ million a year and increases 100k every year until final year in 2031.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32122972/sources-texas-jimbo-fisher-finalizing-extension-2030-worth-more-9m-annually

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

You forgot to add the amount they're committed to spending to buy players for roughly a decade.

Afternoon Delight: Updates on five major prospects on the Texas board

Mike Roach

Dog Beer GIF by Keystone Light

Spoiler

Mike Roach

— Texas has been in a strong position with four-star Baton Rouge (La.) Woodlawn cornerback Jordan Matthews for the last year. Nobody has invested more in that recruitment from a time and relationships aspect than the Longhorns and it may pay off for them. Matthews has been on fire this spring and summer performing well on the track and in 7v7. Alabama recently offered and the LSU staff jumped into the race this past weekend. Matthews is an LSU legacy, so we were always told that the Tigers could be a game-changer for him. Michigan recently hosted him and Clemson jumped in the mix as well. This is now turning into a heavyweight battle for the Louisiana defensive back, but I don't think there's been any drop in confidence for Texas. The Longhorns were on him extremely early and treated him like a major priority. Steve Sarkisian has also been incredibly involved in the recruitment showing Matthews how much he's wanted and needed at Texas. The Longhorns are set to host him in July for their barbecue and will likely push hard to close the deal there.

— Four-star Austin Westlake EDGE Colton Vasek began his official visit to Texas today. Normally mid-week visits can have mixed results, but I think this could play a little bit into an advantage for Texas. Vasek has been to Clemson and Oklahoma and has Oregon set after the Texas visit. Our initial read is that Oregon probably holds the edge, but there are obviously some friendly voices for the Longhorns. Getting a one-on-one visit that will focus heavily on scheme fit and development could work for a kid like Vasek who isn't about the recruiting hype and doesn't need to be part of a big group visit. I'd expect Bo Davis and Pete Kwiatkowski to lead the charge here with Brandon Harris involved as well. Vasek is a priority need for Texas with the Longhorns looking for long bodies that can get after the quarterback.

— If you're looking for a candidate at safety Texas can make a big move with this month, I'd look at New Iberia (LA.) Westgate safety Derek Williams. The four-star prospect has been to Texas more than he has been to any other campus over the last year and was in Austin earlier in the month. This is another recruitment where Terry Joseph has been able to shine with his relationships in the state. Texas will likely get Williams in for an official visit at the end of this month, and though he hasn't expressed a decision timetable, I could see him shutting it down before the season. LSU and Alabama are the other schools to watch in this recruitment.

— As we get further from the Cedric Baxter official visit, it sounds like the Longhorns did everything right on the trip. The four-star Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater back was treated to everything Austin had to offer on the trip and the Longhorns remain in a strong position. I spoke with someone who said they expect Baxter to make a visit to Texas A&M, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him commit before the summer is over. The Longhorns have been hard-charging in this recruitment since the spring and left nothing in the bag when it came to the visit.

— After speaking with Kahuku (HI.) High School linebacker Liona Lefau on Sunday night, I get the feeling that Texas is very much in the race. As I reported in The Stampede, one big factor might be the move to the SEC. Lefau has told me multiple times that he wants to challenge himself against the best schools in the country and the SEC is where he can do that. It was also clear from the visit pictures that the Texas staff was able to do some creative things to help Lefau represent his hometown and Polynesian heritage. Next up is a trip to Oregon, and the buzz after that visit will be something to watch. If the Ducks blow it away, they could find themselves in position to land him, but if it remains quiet then I feel Texas could find themselves in position to land the four-star linebacker.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Mike Roach

Dog Beer GIF by Keystone Light

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Roach

— Texas has been in a strong position with four-star Baton Rouge (La.) Woodlawn cornerback Jordan Matthews for the last year. Nobody has invested more in that recruitment from a time and relationships aspect than the Longhorns and it may pay off for them. Matthews has been on fire this spring and summer performing well on the track and in 7v7. Alabama recently offered and the LSU staff jumped into the race this past weekend. Matthews is an LSU legacy, so we were always told that the Tigers could be a game-changer for him. Michigan recently hosted him and Clemson jumped in the mix as well. This is now turning into a heavyweight battle for the Louisiana defensive back, but I don't think there's been any drop in confidence for Texas. The Longhorns were on him extremely early and treated him like a major priority. Steve Sarkisian has also been incredibly involved in the recruitment showing Matthews how much he's wanted and needed at Texas. The Longhorns are set to host him in July for their barbecue and will likely push hard to close the deal there.

— Four-star Austin Westlake EDGE Colton Vasek began his official visit to Texas today. Normally mid-week visits can have mixed results, but I think this could play a little bit into an advantage for Texas. Vasek has been to Clemson and Oklahoma and has Oregon set after the Texas visit. Our initial read is that Oregon probably holds the edge, but there are obviously some friendly voices for the Longhorns. Getting a one-on-one visit that will focus heavily on scheme fit and development could work for a kid like Vasek who isn't about the recruiting hype and doesn't need to be part of a big group visit. I'd expect Bo Davis and Pete Kwiatkowski to lead the charge here with Brandon Harris involved as well. Vasek is a priority need for Texas with the Longhorns looking for long bodies that can get after the quarterback.

— If you're looking for a candidate at safety Texas can make a big move with this month, I'd look at New Iberia (LA.) Westgate safety Derek Williams. The four-star prospect has been to Texas more than he has been to any other campus over the last year and was in Austin earlier in the month. This is another recruitment where Terry Joseph has been able to shine with his relationships in the state. Texas will likely get Williams in for an official visit at the end of this month, and though he hasn't expressed a decision timetable, I could see him shutting it down before the season. LSU and Alabama are the other schools to watch in this recruitment.

— As we get further from the Cedric Baxter official visit, it sounds like the Longhorns did everything right on the trip. The four-star Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater back was treated to everything Austin had to offer on the trip and the Longhorns remain in a strong position. I spoke with someone who said they expect Baxter to make a visit to Texas A&M, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him commit before the summer is over. The Longhorns have been hard-charging in this recruitment since the spring and left nothing in the bag when it came to the visit.

— After speaking with Kahuku (HI.) High School linebacker Liona Lefau on Sunday night, I get the feeling that Texas is very much in the race. As I reported in The Stampede, one big factor might be the move to the SEC. Lefau has told me multiple times that he wants to challenge himself against the best schools in the country and the SEC is where he can do that. It was also clear from the visit pictures that the Texas staff was able to do some creative things to help Lefau represent his hometown and Polynesian heritage. Next up is a trip to Oregon, and the buzz after that visit will be something to watch. If the Ducks blow it away, they could find themselves in position to land him, but if it remains quiet then I feel Texas could find themselves in position to land the four-star linebacker.

Polynesian ties are stronger than ever

• Rage+1 1

On3 Consensus 4-star offensive tackle Zalance Heard has locked in an official visit to Texas. 

The 6-foot-5.5, 295-pounder with 35.5-inch arms and near 11-inch hands will make his official visit to Texas June 24-26. 

“I’ve got my visit to Texas set for June 24,” Heard told On3 Tuesday at 5:45pm central.

There has been a shift in recruiting strategy by the Longhorns ahead of the official visit in two weeks. A shift shift that began in May.

“I talk to Coach Bo Davis and Coach Kyle Flood. Me and Coach Flood are pretty cool now. They talked to me about being an OL now. We had that discussion as I have transitioned to tackle.”

Texas is not only recruiting Heard as an offensive tackle, but at left tackle. And that is what he prefers.

“I do prefer left tackle over right tackle. And Texas is recruiting me at left tackle.” 

The trip to Austin in two weeks will be the fourth since Texas offered more than a year ago. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seeing on some other boards this guy is OVing this weekend.

https://247sports.com/Player/Raul-Aguirre-46103169/

Spoiler

Confirmed: Consensus 4-star linebacker set to visit this weekend

Add Fayetteville (GA) linebacker Raul Aguirre to the weekend visitor list. Aguirre is coming off official visits to Florida and Alabama in successive weeks and will also see Ohio State the final weekend before the dead period. This will be a very difficult recruitment for Texas win, but step 1, getting him on campus, will happen this weekend.

Aguirre is the On3 Consensus No 131 player in the nation. I don’t know what his testing numbers and exact measurables are, but the tape is really good for an obviously bigger inside linebacker. He isn’t going to be too blocky to play in the modern game. Reference him playing deep in coverage and even at wide receiver to see what I mean. On top of those boxes being checked from a traits standpoint, he shows good vision and patience at linebacker. He understands keeping leverage on the ball carrier.
On the heels of a disappointing 2022 linebacker class, Jeff Choate has to hit paydirt in this cycle. He’s off to a strong start with North Crowley’s S’Maje Burrell already in the class. Choate also has Texas in the thick of things with Denton Ryan’s Anthony Hill, Marlin’s Derion Gullette, Kahuku’s (HI) Liona Lefau, and Lehi’s (UT) Tausili Akana.

Due to larger numbers in the cycle, and positional versatility between linebacker and Edge with some of the prospects, expect the staff to load up on as many of these guys as they can get. If need be, more targets will materialize — guys like Katy Paetow’s Daymion Sanford who recently picked up an offer.

Lefau took his official visit to Texas this past weekend and the staff finds itself on solid footing. Akana, also originally from Kahuku, took an unofficial visit to Texas last week, and his sister recently transferred from Nebraska to Texas to play volleyball. We’re not saying it’s likely Texas will land both, but it remains possible.

After this weekend’s Aguirre visit, Texas will host Burrell, Hill, and Gullette just before the dead period.

As you all know, this is a huge stretch for Texas recruiting in general, but also linebacker in particular.

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/confirmed-consensus-4-star-linebacker-set-to-visit-this-weekend.377864/

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seeing on some other boards this guy is OVing this weekend.

https://247sports.com/Player/Raul-Aguirre-46103169/

Nahlin:

Add Fayetteville (GA) linebacker Raul Aguirre to the weekend visitor list. Aguirre is coming off official visits to Florida and Alabama in successive weeks and will also see Ohio State the final weekend before the dead period. This will be a very difficult recruitment for Texas win, but step 1, getting him on campus, will happen this weekend.

Aguirre is the On3 Consensus No 131 player in the nation. I don’t know what his testing numbers and exact measurables are, but the tape is really good for an obviously bigger inside linebacker. He isn’t going to be too blocky to play in the modern game. Reference him playing deep in coverage and even at wide receiver to see what I mean. On top of those boxes being checked from a traits standpoint, he shows good vision and patience at linebacker. He understands keeping leverage on the ball carrier.

On the heels of a disappointing 2022 linebacker class, Jeff Choate has to hit paydirt in this cycle. He’s off to a strong start with North Crowley’s S’Maje Burrell already in the class. Choate also has Texas in the thick of things with Denton Ryan’s Anthony Hill, Marlin’s Derion Gullette, Kahuku’s (HI) Liona Lefau, and Lehi’s (UT) Tausili Akana.

Due to larger numbers in the cycle, and positional versatility between linebacker and Edge with some of the prospects, expect the staff to load up on as many of these guys as they can get. If need be, more targets will materialize — guys like Katy Paetow’s Daymion Sanford who recently picked up an offer.

Lefau took his official visit to Texas this past weekend and the staff finds itself on solid footing. Akana, also originally from Kahuku, took an unofficial visit to Texas last week, and his sister recently transferred from Nebraska to Texas to play volleyball. We’re not saying it’s likely Texas will land both, but it remains possible.

After this weekend’s Aguirre visit, Texas will host Burrell, Hill, and Gullette just before the dead period.

As you all know, this is a huge stretch for Texas recruiting in general, but also linebacker in particular.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bobby:

The Texas football team is expected to host at least nine recruits on official visits this weekend.

QB, Arch Manning, New Orleans Newman
WR, Jaquaize Pettaway, Houston Langham Creek
WR, Mikal Harrison-Pilot, Temple
TE, Will Randle, New Orleans Newman
DL, Sydir Mitchell, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic
DL, My’Keil Gardner, Peoria (Ariz.) Liberty
DL, Hunter Osborne, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville
LB, Raul Aguirre, Fayetteville (Ga.) Whitewater
DB, Malik Muhammad, Dallas South Oak Cliff

I write “at least nine” because there could be others who make it to campus this weekend.

One or two might be in an official capacity and others in an unofficial one. Don’t expect runaway crowds, but there may be a couple surprises.

There’s a lot of buzz behind the scenes about this weekend in Austin.

The addition of Aguirre is intriguing. The Georgia LB prospect also visited Bama last week with Arch Manning.

Texas was not thought to be a primary competitor for his services until this official visit became a reality.

Time will tell just how involved Texas is. But it’s an interesting development nonetheless.

While most everyone will be wondering about Arch Manning and his recruitment, it’s likewise a big weekend for Texas DL coach Bo Davis.

Davis is hosting three of his top prospects on the entire board.

Osborne is from the same high school as Texas freshman Justice Finkley. Osborne has been considering more traditional SEC schools other than Texas. So this visit is an opportunity for Davis and Texas to separate from the competition.

Davis identified Gardner early in the recruiting process. And Mitchell was first ID’ed by Kyle Flood, the current OL coach for the Horns, but Davis has taken an immense liking to him. And Mitchell seems to want a path to early playing time which Texas may be able to offer compared to other schools under consideration.

In all, Davis has three blue-chippers on campus. He’d likely be happy to come away with one of them at the end of the day. If he were to land two, he’d be ecstatic.

I’m intrigued by both Jaquaize Pettaway and Mikal Harrison-Pilot.

When you have an offensive scheme like Texas, and have proven the ability to recruit or sign elite players like Sark has at the position, it’s always interesting to see which recruits get prioritization.

But the overall board still seems a little foggy.

After all, Johntay Cook and Jalen Hale have official visits scheduled elsewhere for this weekend, and Ryan Niblett isn’t scheduled until next weekend.

I’m just not sure how receiver recruiting will play out. But by bringing in Harrison-Pilot and Pettaway this early, it’s clear the Horns like them both enough to prioritize them out of the gate.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

On the heels of a disappointing 2022 linebacker class, Jeff Choate has to hit paydirt in this cycle. He’s off to a strong start with North Crowley’s S’Maje Burrell already in the class. Choate also has Texas in the thick of things with Denton Ryan’s Anthony Hill, Marlin’s Derion Gullette, Kahuku’s (HI) Liona Lefau, and Lehi’s (UT) Tausili Akana.

Yeah, Choate's just doin' awesome.

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The addition of Aguirre is intriguing. The Georgia LB prospect also visited Bama last week with Arch Manning.

Texas was not thought to be a primary competitor for his services until this official visit became a reality.

Arch already showing his recruiting chops.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Time will tell just how involved Texas is. But it’s an interesting development nonetheless.

spacer.png

Gerry:

The Texas Longhorns’ huge official visit week begins today with On3 Consensus 4-star EDGE Colton Vasek beginning his official visit.

All told, there will be seven On3 Consensus 4-star and 5-star prospects making official visits this week headlined by No. 1 overall Arch Manning.

Inside Texas plays the recruiting game of yes, maybe or no headed to begin the official visit week. Yes is a Texas clear leader. Maybe are recruitments Texas has a legit chance to win. And No is pretty obvious.

Yes

Will Randle, TE, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman
Texas remains on very solid footing footing for the future fleet tight end. Two RPM picks are in for the Longhorns.

Maybe

Colton Vasek, EDGE, Austin (Texas) Westlake – June 14-16
Texas is seen as working from behind heading into the On3 Consensus four-star’s mid-week official visit. Oklahoma and Clemson are considered ahead of Texas currently. Vasek will head to Oregon for an official visit the day after the Texas OV concludes. The Texas legacy will have the red carpet treament from the Texas staff the next two days.

Arch Manning, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman
I’m going to be blunt. Had Texas gone 7-5/8-4 last season and shown instant trajectory, this recruitment would have already been over. That did not happen, and now this is a true recruiting battle among three blue bloods.

This remains an open recruitment and Kirby Smart had another weekly Tuesday night Zoom call with Arch and Cooper Manning last night. Georgia continues to sell stability strongly. Georgia is the favorite of a female family member or two.

Manning will take to Austin this weekend for his long anticipated official visit. Word is he is still trying to get an idea of who would join him at each school and he has as much interest in defensive players joining him in the class as he does offensive. In fact, he has reached to at least one defensive player to see if he’s visiting this weekend.

As far as Alabama goes, they are still all in on Arch. Nothing has changed with the commitment of Eli Holstein. As one college coach said last weekend, it’s always a mistake to count out Nick Saban. With that said, if it’s not Texas or Georgia color me surprised.

Jaquaize Pettaway, WR, Houston (Texas) Langham Creek
Oklahoma is the perceived leader heading into the Texas visit. Cale Gundy has done a very solid job with Pettaway since January. The Sooners are selling opportunity. Make no mistake that Oklahoma is worried about Texas. There was a push to get him to commit to the Sooners and shut it down prior to the Texas visit this weekend. That push has continued. Sarkisian and Brennan Marion are up to bat now. Pettaway and Marion have a very solid relationship.

Mikal Harrison-Pilot, WR, Temple (Texas)
The Temple two-way standout is yet another Texas prospect Arch Manning keeps in contact with. He remains a priority regardless of where he wants to play. And that is wide receiver with Sarkisian and Marion leading up the recruitment. Similar to Pettaway, OU has the lead but the OV looms large. Interestingly, California is the staff MH-P liked the most headed into June. Houston also remains in the mix.

Sydir Mitchell, DL, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic
Word Inside Texas has received from Mitchell’s Miami official visit over the weekend was that it wasn’t a home run. We shall see if that holds long term. This weekend, Texas will have the opportunity to show the 6-foot-4, 335-pounder that he is needed at the nose tackle spot with a depth chart that is about to lean up. Mitchell and his mother are in constant contact with Bo Davis. Neither Georgia or Texas A&M offer immediate playing time. Georgia has been considered the favorite for weeks, however. Mitchell is scheduled to make an official visit to Auburn on June 24-26. A summer decision is currently expected. 

Hunter Osborne, EDGE/DL, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville
Osborne and Texas continue to have strong communication leading into the official visit. Osborne has already made a June OV to Clemson. The Tigers are said to feel confident post visit. Tennessee and Florida are all squarely in the mix along with the Longhorns. A June 10 official visit to Auburn did not happen, which is of note. Bo Davis and Justice Finkley will be huge this weekend for the Longhorns’ chances.

Malik Muhammad, CB, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff

What began as a recruitment that included blue bloods from coast to coast is looking like it will come down to Texas A&M vs. Texas. There is confidence on the Aggies side. The Longhorns are squarely in the mix headed into the official visit.

No

On3 Consensus 4-star linebacker Raul Aguirre was added to the official visit list last night. And he is a “no” headed into the visit. Alabama is the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine leader after an official visit to Alabama last weekend, the same place Arch Manning visited. Florida has received an official visit, and Ohio State is scheduled for June 24. Arkansas and Miami also factors into this one.

My’Keil Gardner, DL, Peioria (Ariz.) Liberty
Inside Texas continues to place Gardner in the Oregon lean category. The 6-foot-3, 285-pounder has made official visits to Wisconsin and Michigan this month, but it’s the visit to Eugene set for June 24-26 that is the one to watch. The Wolverines are considered a threat to Oregon after the weekend visit. Texas knows they are working from behind on this one. This one could come down to who truly pushes for a summer commitment.

So to recap, the current list of official visitors:

QB, Arch Manning, New Orleans Newman
WR, Jaquaize Pettaway, Houston Langham Creek
WR, Mikal Harrison-Pilot, Temple
TE, Will Randle, New Orleans Newman
DL, Sydir Mitchell, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic
DL, My’Keil Gardner, Peoria (Ariz.) Liberty
DL, Hunter Osborne, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville
LB, Raul Aguirre, Fayetteville (Ga.) Whitewater
DB, Malik Muhammad, Dallas South Oak Cliff

• Hook 'Em 1

I did not like that Gerry update. It looks like our entire class is pretty much based on Arch and Arch has a few family members pushing him to Georgia.  Fuck, we need to empty out our wallets. He is our future as I see it.

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Alabama is the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine leader after an official visit to Alabama last weekend, the same place Arch Manning visited.

I think it’s pretty clear the only plausible explanation here is that Arch pulled a Kary Vincent, Jr. and spent his entire Bama OV recruiting for Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Am I crazy to think the play for Arch is to commit to us this summer, because if we shit the bed this season he has done his due diligence with Bama and UGA, and even those stacked programs would take him if he decided to make a last minute flip in December? Worst case for him he sits a year at UT, gets good QB coaching, then can transfer after a season if we continue to show dysfunction. I know he’d like to get it right the first time, but if we really are the school/city he likes best, there is so much more of a safety net for making the wrong decision initially than there ever has been before. 

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

IT has gone from Texas being the leader on Arch to "maybe".  The hedging has begun.

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I did not like that Gerry update. It looks like our entire class is pretty much based on Arch and Arch has a few family members pushing him to Georgia.  Fuck, we need to empty out our wallets. He is our future as I see it.

image.jpeg.8480b41c7ffad06fd8631af861c3677c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Eh, I think this weekend was always full of guys that we had some work to do. Next weekend has a lot more natural leans and commits and that's when we tried to get Arch to come but he had the Manning Passing Academy. 

Cojoe, Stroh, Chatman, Hill, Gullette, Shelby, Vickers, Williams, Greathouse, Moore and Nedore are all in next weekend along with Burrell and Niblett.

Edited by Hookem2147

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't think that's an issue. My assumption is that our aggressive NIL pitch, based on corporate opportunities in Austin that are hard for most other college towns to match, is basically what's kept us in the race this long.

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

To be fair, Nahlin and Wells have always been the ones that are optimistic on Arch. Gerry has always been hesitant. This is nothing new.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

65% confidence as of little over a month ago doesn't seem hesitant to me.

https://www.on3.com/db/arch-manning-7353/recruiting/108561/rpm/

Well then he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and that RPM was just piggybacking off of Wells’s. Because in every one of his videos with Bobby Burton he’s said that he is not overly optimistic on Arch and that he will believe it once he sees it.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

To be fair, Nahlin and Wells have always been the ones that are optimistic on Arch. Gerry has always been hesitant. This is nothing new.

I think Gerry's just like anyone else backing off right now, kinda falling prey to the recency of it all. There's a reason you wanna get the last visit. People are legit talking Alabama now. Alabama was in 3rd BEFORE Holstein committed, and now all of the sudden they're really back in it? Or is it because the visit was just this past week, so of course that's where all of the "new" information is coming from? Then before that there was Georgia, legit as the competition comes for Texas. Texas hasn't had that last visit yet, so I wouldn't expect Texas to be separating themselves from the pack at this moment, and I'm not sure why anyone else would.

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Well then he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and that RPM was just piggybacking off of Wells’s. Because in every one of his videos with Bobby Burton he’s said that he is not overly optimistic on Arch and that he will believe it once he sees it.

I listen to those videos and I've never heard him says that. He says every time that Arch prefers Austin or Athens and that the non-football components of the decision favor Austin in his mind. He's never said he isn't optimistic. He did a video after he put in the RPM and said based on everything he had gathered, he thought Texas was in front heading into his official visits.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I listen to those videos and I've never heard him says that. He says every time that Arch prefers Austin or Athens and that the non-football components of the decision favor Austin in his mind. He's never said he isn't optimistic. He did a video after he put in the RPM and said based on everything he had gathered, he thought Texas was in front heading into his official visits.

So basically... "maybe."