Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

47 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

42 minutes ago, futureman said:

good.

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That's certainly a choice.  Any OL offers go out lately or would we just not look to replace?

Lowest rated recruit - some people questioned him as a take.  Also, futureman.

If Cojoe decommits, should UT pursue the Rivals 5-star Austin Westlake & A&M OL commit that we clown all the time.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

If Cojoe decommits, should UT pursue the Rivals 5-star Austin Westlake & A&M OL commit that we clown all the time.

Amateur comedy hour started sooner than I expected.

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He is not wanted by the staff. 

But more importantly, he isn't wanted by Surly.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

Maybe a photography expert can chime in on forced perspective on this one, but Kirkland makes Stroh look kinda small. Absolute unit

They all look so normal until you realize they are making Kyle Flood, who is 6’+ look like a spinner.

Recruits React: No. 22 Texas 24, Iowa State 21

Justin Wells•about 3 hours

Article written by:Justin Wells

Colton Vasek (Will Gallagher/Inside Texas)

Inside Texas catches up with Horns’ recruiting targets and commits in attendance for No. 22 Texas’ 24-21 win over Iowa State in Big 12 play from Texas-DKR Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

Braylon Conley, CB, Humble (Texas) Atascocita – 2024 – new Texas offer

“Great game,” said Conley. “Offense, the quarterback (Quinn) Ewers and wide receiver Xavier Worthy (stood out). I like (Demarvion) Overshown. He’s a dog.”

On the new offer: “Feels AMAZING. My family and I loved it (the visit)! They make you feel like you’re a part of it. Every staff member went above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and the energy was great the entire day!”

Dozie Ezukanma, WR, Keller (Texas) Timber Creek – 2024

“It was a great game all around, but I really like how the offense was operating effectively.“

Payton Kirkland, OL, Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips – #AllGas23

“The atmosphere by far (stood out the most)! The offense line was churning today, coach (Kyle) Flood is doing an amazing job with them.”

Trevor Goosby, OL, Melissa (Texas) – #AllGas23

“Iowa State played our offense very well today, but despite that, we still were able to overcome adversity and pull out the win.“

Jelani McDonald, ATH, Waco (Texas) Connally – Oklahoma State commit 

“Everything like from the crowd, to how the coaches coached, everything stood out. Arch (Manning) is too cool.” 

“It was cool actually was able to talk to them and I already knew some recruits so it was like ‘dang I want to come here more knowing some of my friends are there.’”

Derion Gullette, EDGE/LB, Teague (Texas) – #AllGas23

“What stood out was the defense. They held it down in crunch time with a big-time fumble recovery and Jaylan Ford played amazing.”

image.png.16095c2f1186dc51507e7b38f30e0d47.png

• Hook 'Em 6

Inside Texas catches up with Horns’ recruiting targets and commits in attendance for No. 22 Texas’ 24-21 win over Iowa State in Big 12 play from Texas-DKR Memorial Stadium on Saturday.
“Great game,” said Conley. “Offense, the quarterback (Quinn) Ewers and wide receiver Xavier Worthy (stood out). I like (Demarvion) Overshown. He’s a dog.”
On the new offer: “Feels AMAZING. My family and I loved it (the visit)! They make you feel like you’re a part of it. Every staff member went above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and the energy was great the entire day!”
“It was a great game all around, but I really like how the offense was operating effectively.“
“The atmosphere by far (stood out the most)! The offense line was churning today, coach (Kyle) Flood is doing an amazing job with them.”
“Iowa State played our offense very well today, but despite that, we still were able to overcome adversity and pull out the win.“
“Everything like from the crowd, to how the coaches coached, everything stood out. Arch (Manning) is too cool.” 
“It was cool actually was able to talk to them and I already knew some recruits so it was like ‘dang I want to come here more knowing some of my friends are there.’”
“What stood out was the defense. They held it down in crunch time with a big-time fumble recovery and Jaylan Ford played amazing.”

Lu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn't sound like an OSU commit

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 9:06 AM, SydneyCarton said:

You think assuming you'll be like Tom Brady is RATIONAL? Is expecting to win the lottery RATIONAL? This is beyond stupid. Your rationale here is that every kid should assume they're going to be the greatest of all time at their position, like Brady, and also the statistical outlier of career length to the point of complete statistical insignificance, and absurdity. And your reasoning for that is that Tom Brady stayed 4 years at Michigian, which is the reason for his success where he "perfected the college game." If by "perfected the college game" you mean he was a mediocre college QB both years he started. 

Feel free to make us the list of players who stayed 4 years in college and DIDN'T become the best player at their position of all time and had 20+ year careers. Fuck it, now tell me the list of players that aren't kickers, punters, or specialty players that had careers of 20+ years. Does George Blanda count? He kicked some at the end, right? Fuck.  

What a stupid red herring, I said long career. not GOAT, learn to read.

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm sure he's a nice boy, but was Dozie Ezukanma high?

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Kirkland is closer to the camera so he's going to look bigger and taller. People do this shit every year.

I wasn't intentionally trying to be inflammatory. I looked at this pic a long ass time. I know he's a bit closer but I didn't think it was that much of a difference. Point taken though

• Hook 'Em 1