Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

31 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

After his effort last season, losing him wouldn’t have hurt my feelings. I’m glad he decided to take advantage of the opportunity.

I just have questions about this take. 
In my day (100 years ago) I was pulled cause I didn’t set the edge on a play. I honestly did not know that was 1st responsibility. 
My hope is some guys did not recognize their responsibilities due to new schemes. I really have a hard time believing guys just are lazy.

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

I just have questions about this take. 
In my day (100 years ago) I was pulled cause I didn’t set the edge on a play. I honestly did not know that was 1st responsibility. 
My hope is some guys did not recognize their responsibilities due to new schemes. I really have a hard time believing guys just are lazy.

Listen Shaddie, our opinions on this defense aren’t based on you sucking at football. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is this the football board? Hit the portal for some interior DL. To hell with some Last Chance U extras reading at a 5th grade level. We’ve had what, 1 JUCO work out in 10 years?

Gerry mentioned on the podcast that interior guys are tougher to come by in the portal. 

5 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Damn so we’re finally acknowledging Collins as a bust. Who was the poster on here that championed him as a future 1st round pick, the same poster also said Byron Vaughn was the next big thing lol. 

Collins has done absolutely nothing on the football field despite his #63 2020 player ranking and oozing with size and God given talent.

He’s too busy trying to sell shitty tshirts and hoodies with his NIL on it. I’ll be the first one to buy one of those heinous apparel pieces if he’s ever a dominant DL at Texas. Too lazy plus too stupid. I think my money is safe.

Wonder how badly will Fox Sports being a little bitch affect '23 recruiting? We are now likely in the shit12 2 more seasons instead of gtfo after '23

Did something new happen, and if so, what? I haven’t been paying attention to realignment talk during the season, but I thought things were trending positively for 2024 prior to the season. Especially with the big 12 looking at PAC teams.

35 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Did something new happen, and if so, what? I haven’t been paying attention to realignment talk during the season, but I thought things were trending positively for 2024 prior to the season. Especially with the big 12 looking at PAC teams.

I just wonder if Oklahoma shitting the bed dries up donations and ticket sales. If there was a buyout, would they be able to pay it?

CHIEF

I've only seen it mentioned here: https://www.burntorangenation.com/2022/10/13/23396541/texas-longhorn-football-commits-in-action-oct-13-15-billy-walton-cedric-baxter-tre-wisner

and the Orlando Sentinel mentioned a lower left leg injury?

Baxter did not play in their game last night but the team won and remains undefeated

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Tennessee gets Bama today. They're due, and this all the markings of a Late Saban Era loss. Knoxville will go nuts. I'm not sure Hunter makes it out of town without a new bag and committing.

It also has the makings of "Bama is vulnerable, Lane Kiffin's gonna torch em" only to have Saban get pissed and burn the Rebels to the ground......

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

He was using “Saturday morning tema activities” as an excuse not to come just a few days ago.  This kid sounds conflicted. 

Or hear me out…..he said that so OU people won’t be knocking down his door. Seems writing on the wall. Second visit to Texas with Venables no visit policy….this game and Bama

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Or hear me out…..he said that so OU people won’t be knocking down his door. Seems writing on the wall. Second visit to Texas with Venables no visit policy….this game and Bama

He lives 15 minutes from campus and his parents have season tickets.  Let’s not act like he’s making a big effort here.

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Would hope so.  Sooner mods have been saying he’s solid, but they would.  They’ve quickly reverted back to sunshine pumping.  “2023 class is the one that turns it around.  10 first daycontributors (including Vasek) blah blah blah”

Edited by ClubWhatever

First year coaches who are on 3 game losing streaks of getting blown the fuck out, including in their biggest rivalry game, don't get to have a no visit policy. Saban and Ryan Day can have a no visit policy. Mack Brown in 2006 can have a no visit policy.

Vegetables doesn't get to make that demand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5